tModLoader Better take a Power Tool - Electronic counterparts for a lot of tools

What do you think about the new Sprites we will add in the next update

• I like the NEW wood jackhammer AND the NEW metal jackhammer.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • I like the NEW wood jackhammer BUT the OLD metal jackhammer.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like the OLD wood jackhammer AND the OLD metal jackhammer.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like the OLD wood jackhammer BUT the NEW metal jackhammer.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I dont care.

• The old sprites are awful and the new are still bad.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love this mod so much

Can there be Spirit Mod support?

And also, a little gift from me to you.
Little Bruh
- "To harness Atomic Energies in order to drill that stubborn ore."
- Rare drop from a "fishy boss"
- 300% Pickaxe and Axe power
- Right-click to cause a tiny explosion around yourself

Could you actually give the drills a better base mining speed than their pickaxe counterparts so it makes them more worth to get? They can't benefit from mining speed and not everyone likes the sound, this would probably make more people go for this mod.
Don't give them more mining power though. This idea is based on a mod that buffs the vanilla drills, idk what it's name was but this is not my idea.

Could you actually give the drills a better base mining speed than their pickaxe counterparts so it makes them more worth to get? They can't benefit from mining speed and not everyone likes the sound, this would probably make more people go for this mod.
Don't give them more mining power though. This idea is based on a mod that buffs the vanilla drills, idk what it's name was but this is not my idea.

He does not want the drills to have an advantage over the pickaxes. The pre-hardmode drills added by this mod are based on the first 6 drills (Hardmode-ore) from vanilla Terraria. That means they have identical stats as their counterpart. As for Spectre and Shroomite, he handled those like Chlorophyte. That means e.g. less damage, less knockback. The Lunar drills are already in the game. He took the stats from there. And the stats for "Drillsaw = Picksaw" are identical to the "Drax = Pickaxe Axe" ratio.

If you could provide us a link to that other mod, he might be able to add adjustments, which activate if you have that one installed as well (Mod compatibility).

PS: He said this mod is especially for people who like the drill sound! `:)

Over 2 years ago Dennis started this mod. He still has yet to find a spriter for his mod. Most sprites are poorly done by me. After looking at those 2 year old jackhammer sprites I have to say.... those are kinda sh*t. I will replace most of those. I am still not a spriter, but maybe better than 2 years ago... That also means those 1x1 pixels will be changed into 2x2 in every new sprite. The 7 wood and 8 pre-hardmode ore jackhammer will be replaced (soon). Maybe more in the far future.

New Sprites for the next updayte
Wood_Jackhammer_REWORK.png
Metal_Jackhammer_REWORK.png

vote which you find better

Jackhammer_Crop.gif

WoodenJackhammer.png
RichMahoganyJackhammer.png
ShadeWoodJackhammer.png

CopperJackhammer.png
GoldJackhammer.png
TungstenJackhammer.png

Bone Drill.png
CandyCaneDrill.png

Edit:
Power Tools Addon for Tremor V1.1 Banner.png

Finally all Tremor Sprites are done. Mod will get updated "soon". A total of 42 new Power Tools for Tremor!

Last edited:
Not only the old jackhammers are getting a rework, some other sprites get reworked aswell. Those five here:

upload_2018-8-10_20-19-25.png

The biggest difference makes the bone drill, now only 2x2 pixels and using the same colours as the original pickaxe.
Candy cane was pretty dull, it looks nicer now I think.

There wont be more reworks for now. But the Tremor + Rework Update wont be the last one (probably). Dennis is looking into other mods right now; so there might be another mod-addon coming in the future.

v1.5:
  • Added Ancient Jacksmasher, Banjackhammer, Brass Jackhammer & Drax, Frostjackammer, Ice Jackhammer, Sporchainsaw, North Chainsaw & Jackhammer, Doomjackhammer, JackSquasher & Frozen Drill Axe
  • Reworked sprites of all Wood & Metal Jackhammers, Bloody Massacre, Bone Drill, Candy Cane Drill, Spectre Drill & War Chainsaw of the Night
  • Tremor Update done all Tremor items in the Game expected for hardmode ore Jackhammers because I don't get permissions to use them

I made new sprites for wooden and metal jackhammers. It's just your old sprites, but without 1x1 pixels. They are right here in the "my" version of the mod. Please see them all and include them in your "own" version.
I think my sprites are better than yours.
And please, make glows for the lunar instruments.
I do not know where to download the mod, so I just renamed .tmod to .zip. Rename it back and put it in the mods folder. you can extract and see the sprites (sort by the "date modified", at the top is what I changed).
(and sorry for my google translator level english)

Attachments

• BettertakeaPowerTool.zip
    102.6 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Hello Gustone, have you seen the V2 sprites already? I think your Sprites are good reused V1 sprites in 2x2 format. You even did the projectile files. Here a gif so everyone can easily look at your sprites.

Gustone_Jackhammer.gif

I can only speak for myself here, but I dont like the old sprites at all. Even in your 2x2 version. They look alot better, I praise you for that. It is just that I never liked the hilt, the colour schemes and the overall design of those jackhammer. Still, your version aint bad. Some people will probably like them more than my V2 jackhammer sprites.

I took them out of your file for a better look at them:

Fanmade_NEW_Jackhammer_Sprites.png

I will obviously stay with mine and not change those. Dennis has the decision which sprites he wants to add into the ModBrwoser version of the mod. Thanks for your desire to help! (If you had done this 3 weeks earlier I would have never even made my V2 sprites :confused:)

Sincerely,
Farkylk

(and sorry for my google translator english)

If your main language is german, you can write in german to us. If not, that english is still good/ we can understand that.

thank you i did it just because i like the old sprites and dont like 1x1 pixels :)
[doublepost=1535269389,1535269351][/doublepost]my main language is russian

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom