tModLoader Better Taxes

Better Taxes 2.2.0 has been released!
  • Added the new "Status" button to the Tax Collector which provides information about current income, similar to the "/taxinfo" command.
  • Added a new line of dialog that can appear when the Vending Machines mod is installed.
  • Added support for Calamity v1.4.2.103.
  • Removed extraneous auto-adjustment of the config file when IsFlexible was set to true.
  • Removed the "SetTaxes" and "GetTaxes" methods in Mod.Call.
  • Fixed a bug where the Tax Collector would completely abort auto-collection when the selected personal storage tile is full, regardless of whether or not other personal storage tiles exist in the same room. Now, the Tax Collector prioritizes auto-collection in the following order: Piggy Bank, Safe, Defender's Forge.
  • Fixed a bug where the Tax Collector would tell you to progress by killing bosses with custom config files that don't progress by killing bosses.
  • Fixed a bug where the Tax Collector would sometimes improperly store auto-collected money.
  • Fixed a bug where parentheses were unusuable in the config file if not nested.

Attachments

• BetterTaxes.zip
    84.1 KB · Views: 159
Better Taxes 2.2.1 has been released!
  • Fixed a critical bug in which the mod would crash when an outdated version of Calamity is used.

Attachments

• BetterTaxes.zip
    84.3 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
How does one download the tmodloader v.0.10.1.5? Terraria Overhaul goes through some kinda spaz on 11.5 or whatever the new version and I've been gone from Terraria for 2 years, I come back, and everything has changed. I don't know where to go to access old files

How does one download the tmodloader v.0.10.1.5? Terraria Overhaul goes through some kinda spaz on 11.5 or whatever the new version and I've been gone from Terraria for 2 years, I come back, and everything has changed. I don't know where to go to access old files
You can find old versions of tModLoader on the tModLoader GitHub page, with v0.10.1.5 being located at this link, but mods written in tModLoader v0.11 (including the current version of Better Taxes) will not work with tModLoader v0.10.1.5.

You can find old versions of tModLoader on the tModLoader GitHub page, with v0.10.1.5 being located at this link, but mods written in tModLoader v0.11 (including the current version of Better Taxes) will not work with tModLoader v0.10.1.5.
Thank you. Tho I didn't word it right. I was wondering the tmodload 10.1.5 version of Better Taxes.
EDIT: Found the github

Last edited:
Thank you. Tho I didn't word it right. I was wondering the tmodload 10.1.5 version of Better Taxes.
EDIT: Found the github
The last release of Better Taxes which ran on tModLoader v0.10.1.5 was Better Taxes 1.3.0, which can be downloaded on GitHub at this link.

In the config, when attempting to add another tax rate for progression, it sends an error, "Cannot populate JSON object onto type 'System.String'. Path '', line 1, position 2."

Any fix for this? (You aren't on the discord anymore, so I have to ask here.)

In the config, when attempting to add another tax rate for progression, it sends an error, "Cannot populate JSON object onto type 'System.String'. Path '', line 1, position 2."

Any fix for this? (You aren't on the discord anymore, so I have to ask here.)
It would appear that this is a tModLoader bug, as a mod which only contains a config file with a dictionary which was tested before the release of tModLoader v0.11.5 has the exact same issue. I've posted a bug report on the tModLoader GitHub.

EDIT: A new version of BetterTaxes has been released to solve this issue.

Last edited:
Better Taxes 2.2.3 has been released!
  • Fixed a major bug in which new fields could not be added to the config file due to backwards incompatibility.

Attachments

• BetterTaxes.zip
    84.4 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
This mod is now unusable as it freezes characters in midnight! When morning starts, unfreezing happens. The freeze is technically just the character sprite is frozen. Controls are not working. You are frozen is mid air if you are in air when midnight hits. The player code seems to stop running. Force equipping items to them using HEROsMod would not update their inventory and equipment slots.

This mod is now unusable as it freezes characters in midnight! When morning starts, unfreezing happens. The freeze is technically just the character sprite is frozen. Controls are not working. You are frozen is mid air if you are in air when midnight hits. The player code seems to stop running. Force equipping items to them using HEROsMod would not update their inventory and equipment slots.
This is a rather strange issue which I cannot replicate in any of my worlds. Have you tried disabling all other mods? Is the issue isolated to one save, and if it is, can you attach the save in question? Do you have any log files which would help diagnose the issue?

This is a rather strange issue which I cannot replicate in any of my worlds. Have you tried disabling all other mods? Is the issue isolated to one save, and if it is, can you attach the save in question? Do you have any log files which would help diagnose the issue?

Yes. It is a strange issue when the Tax Collector finally moved in one of our homes, and it happened all so randomly after a few in-game days. At first, my friend got disabled. I was still walking free. Then when my friend said he is still frozen, we restarted the world. Then, both of us started to freeze! Some characters are not affected, but some new characters are affected.

The world was created with TerraCustom. There are a few rules we enabled like Tax Collector.

The issue finally stopped when I disabled BetterTaxes, so I think that's that?

Mod List (still with BetterTaxes on)
[
"AccessorySlotsPlus",
"AutoTrash",
"BannerBonanza",
"BetterBuffs",
"BetterTaxes",
"Bluemagic",
"BossCursor",
"CalamityMod",
"CalamityModMusic",
"ChensCursedAccessories",
"ChensGradiusMod",
"ClamExtraMusic",
"HelpfulHotkeys",
"HEROsMod",
"ItemControl",
"Loot",
"MorePotions",
"NPCControl",
"Pumpking",
"RecipeBrowser",
"SummonersAssociation",
"ThoriumMod",
"WheresMyItems",
"WingSlot",
"MaxStackPlus",
"ChensForcedTeamworkMod",
"BossChecklist"
]

Attachments

• WorldAndPlayer.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Yes. It is a strange issue when the Tax Collector finally moved in one of our homes, and it happened all so randomly after a few in-game days. At first, my friend got disabled. I was still walking free. Then when my friend said he is still frozen, we restarted the world. Then, both of us started to freeze! Some characters are not affected, but some new characters are affected.

-snip-
Apologies for the late response, but the recent Mod Browser outage (which has since been resolved) has made it near impossible to make any progress on this issue.
It would appear that the mod "ChensForcedTeamworkMod" is not available on GitHub nor the Mod Browser (if it means anything, none of the mods underneath your name appear to be on the Mod Browser, despite their respective forum posts claiming so), so I'm unable to identify if that mod is leading to this bug.

I've posted an issue on the Better Taxes GitHub page. If you're willing to help me a little bit more, I would appreciate if you attached the following information to the GitHub issue in question:
  • Does the issue persist when auto-collection is disabled in the config file?
  • Have you modified the config of Better Taxes (perhaps with a custom rule set?)
  • Are you using the latest version of Better Taxes?
  • If you have spare time, what happens if you make a backup of the save in question and then load it with *only* Better Taxes installed? Does the game still freeze?
Thanks for your continued assistance.

It would appear that the mod "ChensForcedTeamworkMod" is not available on GitHub nor the Mod Browser (if it means anything, none of the mods underneath your name appear to be on the Mod Browser, despite their respective forum posts claiming so), so I'm unable to identify if that mod is leading to this bug.

Yes. There is a recent outage which caused all my mods to be removed from the browser. I will have to re-upload it.

I've posted an issue on the Better Taxes GitHub page. If you're willing to help me a little bit more, I would appreciate if you attached the following information to the GitHub issue in question

I will try later. There might be mod incompatibilities, but it seems to be bound on the Player. Once it happens, every world the player enters (with the same mods above and same time: midnight to dawn) he will be frozen. I don't know the cause, but it did happen the first night the moment the tax collector found a home.

For now, this is all the info I have. I will also post them in GitHub.

Better Taxes 2.3.0 has been released!
  • Added a partial Spanish translation.
  • Fixed a bug in which coin denominations were not properly translated in languages other than English.
  • Fixed a bug in which the mod would attempt to auto-collect taxes after midnight if taxes had not already been auto-collected at midnight.

Attachments

• BetterTaxes 2.3.0.zip
    86.4 KB · Views: 129
Better Taxes 2.3.1 has been released!
  • Fixed another major bug in which Calamity mod progression would not properly update when newer versions of Calamity are used due to backwards incompatibility.
  • Fixed a handful of minor errors in the Spanish translation.

Attachments

• BetterTaxes 2.3.1.zip
    85.8 KB · Views: 137
Better Taxes 2.3.2 has been released!
  • Added new dialog and behavior that activates during the Christmas season.
  • Fixed a major bug where the Tax Collector would not properly auto-collect in certain specific multiplayer contexts.
  • Fixed a bug where Calamity boss rates would not properly update when Calamity was re-enabled after a world had already been loaded with it disabled.
  • Fixed a bug where the mod could occasionally throw an error when the Tax Collector's home was too close to the edge of the world.
  • Reoptimized portions of the code to be much more efficient.

Attachments

• BetterTaxes 2.3.2.zip
    88.3 KB · Views: 130
Back
Top Bottom