Language Pack Better Tooltips

This is an awesome pack. An idea I have for it it to add the DPS of the weapon, maybe at the bottom of the stats. I'm not sure how possible this would be with the variable stats in the game from armor sets and whatnot, but I think even a base DPS without any of the modifiers might be useful when comparing weapons. Just an idea for you, have a good day!
That's not really possible currently. For some weapons, it could be done, but for any that don't already have their own bespoke tooltips it's impossible to add new ones. And I don't really want to leave something half done because it looks sloppy and breaks immersion.

Same reason I didn't add anything to grappling hooks and minecarts. For some I could, but for most I can't, and I decided I'd rather be consistent. If you want it then you should go bug Re-Logic to add empty tooltips to every item.

This looks great, but is there any way you can add it to tmodloader?
I don't know anything about modding, and tmodloader currently doesn't support language packs. So unfortunately no. Once the updated tmodloader comes out, I'll check if there's anything I can do to get it running on it but I think you'll be able to just install it the same way as on vanilla.

I have a suggestion to add (or edit) the Guide Voodoo Doll's tooltip to read "Susceptible to the Underworld's lava", just so people have an idea on what they're meant to do with it.

I have a suggestion to add (or edit) the Guide Voodoo Doll's tooltip to read "Susceptible to the Underworld's lava", just so people have an idea on what they're meant to do with it.
I had something like this in the tooltip at one point, but removed it because I thought it made the tooltip too cluttered. After considering it further I've added it back in.

The original post has been updated with a new version that includes this change, along with a couple other minor changes. Also fixed an oversight in the Gravedigger's Shovel tooltip; I'd forgotten that it could also mine clay.

I had something like this in the tooltip at one point, but removed it because I thought it made the tooltip too cluttered. After considering it further I've added it back in.

The original post has been updated with a new version that includes this change, along with a couple other minor changes. Also fixed an oversight in the Gravedigger's Shovel tooltip; I'd forgotten that it could also mine clay.
Does the post itself contain this tooltip? I can't seem to find it there.

Also, I'm glad you like my suggestion, and thanks for (re)adding it in!

Does the post itself contain this tooltip? I can't seem to find it there.

Also, I'm glad you like my suggestion, and thanks for (re)adding it in!
Oh, if you mean the screenshot, I got kind of lazy and just removed that one instead of replacing it lol. I added some others instead, may add some more at some point including re-adding that one. The .zip attached to the post is all up to date though.

Oh, if you mean the screenshot, I got kind of lazy and just removed that one instead of replacing it lol. I added some others instead, may add some more at some point including re-adding that one. The .zip attached to the post is all up to date though.
I meant the list of changes in the main post.

That list is not meant to be a complete one anyway, there are just too many changes. However it's still covered under this:
  • Most boss/event-summoning items now have additional flavor text to provide hints or warnings about their purpose
Also btw extremely minor update, I noticed the Shiny Stone's tooltip got messed up at some point somehow, so I fixed it lol.

Small update just fixing a few oversights, including updating the tooltips for Ale and Sake similarly to other food items. The file in the OP is up to date.

Using this via the Workshop, but had to drop by to give you thanks. Absolutely essential resource pack, if you ask me. I may have been playing the game since launch, but that doesn't mean anyone can remember all the wing stats. Kudos!

This resource pack is extremely useful. I think if you added more info about the hooks it would be very helpful, or about the summoner's weapons (if they have independent I-frames, deal contact/piercing damage).

Small update, adding to the tooltips for the Brain of Confusion and Cerebral Mindtrick the fact that they increase summon damage on top of crit chance. Also couple other very minor tweaks but that's the main thing. The first post's download is up to date.

This will probably be the last update, unless I find out more stuff I didn't know before, or I learn of something that needs correcting. Or ReLogic updates the game again lol.

I have a suggestion, Could you add hook stats like the range, velocity and number of hooks?

Back
Top Bottom