Biomes & Nature Better Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixel

Terrarian
First of all, I wasn't 100% sure if this categorizes under Game Mechanics, Other or Biomes & Nature, but it's here now. Anyway, in 1.1, weather was touched upon, only modified slightly. Then when 1.2 came, weather had apparently been fleshed out. Indeed it had, but more passively than I would've expected. My idea? Better weather.

Snow:
When it is heavily snowing, the player should become more invulnerable to enemies and slow a considerable amount in speed, perhaps receiving one or two debuffs.

Rain:
When it is heavily raining, the player should slow down and enemies have a slightly higher spawn rate.

Elaboration is needed so I will update this thread in the future with more ideas and the sort. Feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:
By "immunity to enemies", I don't suppose you mean a dodge chance? Or messing with enemy targeting? I'm not sure about that. You'd think the enemies that live in the Snow biome would be able to cope with it.

And the changes to Rain... they're changes, all right, but they don't seem to be for the better, or even that logical. Why would enemies go out when it's raining?

By "immunity to enemies", I don't suppose you mean a dodge chance? Or messing with enemy targeting? I'm not sure about that. You'd think the enemies that live in the Snow biome would be able to cope with it.

And the changes to Rain... they're changes, all right, but they don't seem to be for the better, or even that logical.

Why would enemies go out when it's raining?

For the Snow, I had meant invulnerability and with the Rain, it isn't properly elaborated and enemy spawn rate was only a temporary idea.

For the Snow, I had meant invulnerability and with the Rain, it isn't properly elaborated and enemy spawn rate was only a temporary idea.
You can be invulnerable, or not invulnerable. There is no in-between. So the statement "more invulnerability" makes no sense. I'm still not quite sure what you're getting at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom