tModLoader Better Zoom

NotLe0n

Official Terrarian
The 1.3 version of this mod will NOT be updated. A 1.4 version is avalible on the Steam Workshop

Do you play on a crappy monitor and can't see :red:?
Are you a content creator and think the vanilla sprites are too small?
Do you want to play upside down??

well you're in luck!

This mod allows you to zoom in and out much further than what's possible in Vanilla.

You can also make the game turn upside down if you want.

To open the UI, press the hotkey you set in your Controls options (default: 'B')

Note: if you change the zoom to below one, the world will not load past its usual screen size. This is not a bug.

Download directly or in the mod browser.
Comment down below or join my discord server if you have any problems.

Known Bugs:
none :)
Please, please, please report any bugs you find in the comments

TODO:
Possibly have an option to switch from No-, Bézier- or Spline interpolation.
Add reverse button.

v2.1.4
Fixed some zoom-mouse issues
improved dragging
"Delete All Trackers" confirmation close button now closes the box
refactored some terrible old code

v2.1.3
Added minimap scale (IL-Edit Pog)

v2.1.2.2
Fixed Bug where placing trackers by hand (not using the hotkey) and zoomed in or out, the trackers got placed at the wrong location.

v2.1.1 & v2.1.2
Added Tooltips
Improved Remove all Confirm Dialog
Fixed crash (thx RighteousRyan)

v2.1
Added Bezier Curves! (more curves to come)
Added Remove all trackers buton
small bug fixes

v2.0.0.1
Hotfix - Fixed Trackers position not being right when zoomed in or out
Added Hide Trackers option

v2.0
Changed name to Better Zoom & Camera Control
Now using UI instead of the Config (fixes some bugs)
Added Path trackers
Added Entity trackers
Added Eraser tool
Added Move tool

v1.4
Added Lock screen Hotkey (Default: 'L')
You can now move the screen with the arrow keys when the screen is locked
Added fancy description

v1.3
Added Hotbar scale slider
Added UIScale slider
Added disclaimer in the description and in the config ("Understand?" doesn't do anything)

v1.2
Fixing the screen and walking away doesn't unload the tiles anymore

v1.1
You can now use the + and - keys (not on the numpad) to zoom in and out.
Added Flip Background option
Added Zoom Background option
Fixed crash when you zoom to between ±20%

v1.0
Initial Release

Last edited:
Sounds interesting i want to try it out, but How does it works?
If you're asking how to use the mod: Go to Mod configurations in the ingame settings and change the slider, then hit apply. EDIT: Open the UI using the hotkey (default: 'B')
If you're asking how I changed the zoom with code: I override ModifyTransformMatrix() and change Transform.Zoom in my Mod class

It looks Fun.
What is your mod name?
Better Zoom.

Last edited:
Ou interesting..... you can't integrate it to the default zoom bar? or is anyway to actually use the mod with key shortcuts like the default one?

Ou interesting..... you can't integrate it to the default zoom bar? or is anyway to actually use the mod with key shortcuts like the default one?
To change the default zoom bar requires a expert modding technique called IL-editing, which is very hard and which I've never done. To make it work with shortcuts should be possible, good idea!

You're the pioneer in this kind of mod, so i'm asking if you can make some mod for get the feature of "Don't Pause on lost window focus" i think just Terraria Tweaker has it, but it's a patcher for vanilla terraria... and prob it's imposible without patching the .exe

Awesome mod! I tried it out when it first came out, and with the new update allowing for shortcuts to adjust zoom, it's even better now! Thanks for developing this.

One suggestion I would add is setting maximum or minimum zoom, so that using the shortcut keys allows us to zoom to the our maximum without overshooting.

This is actually pretty useful for fighing bosses; my screen is too small to see projectiles coming. If everything could load properly while being past the normal zoom, I would use this 100% of the time. It is certainly better than nothing, so thank you!

finally a zoom out for small screens, I was wondering if it affects performance beyond just having to render more

finally a zoom out for small screens, I was wondering if it affects performance beyond just having to render more
Probably very little to none, as I don't render more tiles (which would affect performance a lot).

I am currently testing the mod, but I do find the camera markers to not be placed in the correct place, causing the camera to glitch into locations such as the edge of the map.

Green Markers Also crash the game. This is honestly a great tool, especially for filming in Terraria. Thanks for the mod anyways!

I am currently testing the mod, but I do find the camera markers to not be placed in the correct place, causing the camera to glitch into locations such as the edge of the map.
That might be because of resolution differences. I made and tested this mod with a 1920x1080 monitor, so any other resolution might have problems. Also Zooming in does that, so that might be your problem (I should probably fix that)

Last edited:
That might be because of resolution differences. I made and tested this mod with a 1920x1080 monitor, so any other resolution might have problems. Also Zooming in does that, so that might be your problem (I should probably fix that)
Oh wow so you care of people with small monitor even having a big one <3

Back
Top Bottom