Beyond the Stars: A Terraria Expansion Project

This looks amazing, but I have one rather large issue with it.
The fifth pillar.
There is a reason why no mods currently add a new pillar: Tremor tried it back in the dawn of TMod.
It completely broke the Celestial Events very often.
Now, new fragments usually just drop in small amounts from every vanilla pillar.
Just thought I'd let you know :)
There's another issue: Celestial events are amazingly bad and boring, you don't want to make it even worse.
plus where would you put that new pillar

good points all around folks! since the mod is still in its VERY early stages, we're discussing and going over everything, including the 5th pillar, its feasibility and its design integration with the rest of the Lunar Events! we're not yet set on a particular way of implementing this part of the assassin class, so keep the feedback coming!

Maybe it could be crafted with Solar and Vortex Fragments, because throwing is kind of a merge of the two. It could go like 1 Solar Fragment + 1 Vortex Fragment = 2 Quasar Fragments

I also have an idea for the assassin class. It seems a bit overpowered right now, so my suggestion is that assassin armors reduce your max life.

This is awesome. I love how well-coordinated the features are, and I'm especially happy that you're focusing a lot on the content that is neglected in vanilla.

good points all around folks! since the mod is still in its VERY early stages, we're discussing and going over everything, including the 5th pillar, its feasibility and its design integration with the rest of the Lunar Events! we're not yet set on a particular way of implementing this part of the assassin class, so keep the feedback coming!
I really hope that you can figure out a good solution for the new pillar and lunar fragments. Calamity tried to do it for their rogue class by simply causing the fragments to be dropped by random lunar mobs, leaving a pillar out of it, but in my opinion, that's not a very satisfying solution. If you can work this out, you will have my full respect.

I have a kind of outlandish idea. What if they changed the pillars to "beacons" Instead of having the fragments drop from the beacons, the fragments spawn in a radius around it as you progress in the event. When you kill enough enemies, the beacon activates, sending a beam into the sky. Enemies and fragments keep spawning, though at a lower rate. This way, you can grind out the fragments all at once, or slowly. Every time you kill the moon lord, the beams weaken and you have to defeat half as many enemies, capped at a certain amount.

I have to agree, Discord is where its at and its a good way to connect with the modding community easier. That set aside I really like where this project mod is going and will keep tabs on it.

You should probably make a discord, but can you keep this thread up to date so people like me who don't use discord know what's going on?

Is there a discord server for this project by any chance? Would be great to see one for people who don't have a tcf account or aren't nearly as active here.
I don't ever use TCF so i would also love a Discord server!
I have to agree, Discord is where its at and its a good way to connect with the modding community easier. That set aside I really like where this project mod is going and will keep tabs on it.
You should probably make a discord, but can you keep this thread up to date so people like me who don't use discord know what's going on?

ask and ye shall receive, friends!

1604854642639.png

click the logo for the Beyond the Stars Discord server!​

Last edited:
...And then I thought "actually, this mod might will have an evil biome alt." so I thought to try designing a fangirl for "The Decay". But couldn't come up with any good-looking design.
Not that it's necessarily needed, but it might could be interesting and fun.

well, no one asked for that, but hope no one minds I tried XD

My initial idea was, that she might should be in the assasin class, if this mod plans to add a class like that (though I wonder in what way will it be different from thrower, which Thorium "ressurrected" after vanilla abamdoned that class.
But anyway, then I was wondering, what are the colors of the "Decay"? and, it seems (from the old thread) that most of the monsters are bone-white, with ghostly cyan blue glow here-and-there. Some other color was missing... I tried adding the black-ish colors from the wooden armor of the biome. But somehow I can't think out a good design.

This is what I did so far, but it looks bad... and doesn't feels fitting...
decay-fangirl-1st-attempt.png

Maybe something more on the line of a necromancer would be more fitting, than an assasin...

But then I actually thought, actually, I don't know much about this biome. the old thread of that is quite cool, but still not quite sure about the atmosphere of the biome. it's a bunch of skeletons, and most of them seems to be quite fast, so, I kinda thought, if agaility is one of the signature things of the monsters there, a ninja, assasin or something might be indeed fitting. but on the other hand, a necromancer might would fit more because of all the undead, skeletal stuff...

If anyone have some idea? Then I would try to design something better. Don't suppose the mod wants to add such an NPC though...?

Back
Top Bottom