NPCs & Enemies Big Fungus (mushroom boss)

Aceplante

Official Terrarian
A giant blue glowing-mushroom-themed rabbit boss.

He would hop around similar to golem, and perhaps throw giant carrots? He becomes enraged if fought outside of the glowing mushroom biome.

He would be early hardmode, fought by consuming a special glowing mushroom that occasionally grows in the surface mushroom biome similar to how gelatinous crystals work.

Perhaps he could drop that carrot pet that is currently unobtainable? Or have a chance to drop the fuzzy carrot, making it renewable.

Edit: After his defeat, the Truffle would begin selling new items like a mushroom bow/repeater, or perhaps spore arrows that inflict a DoT effect on hit. Or perhaps the truffle simply wouldn't show up at all until after his defeat similar to the pirate.

Edit: Some potential art I found on google
bigfungus.jpg

Last edited:
LOL…this is for Neo in the matrix! He followed the white rabbit, and instead of finding the Cheshire Cat he found this. It has cyberpunk written all over it.

Definitely like this idea. Maybe Truffle could sell some more mushroom themed weapons after his defeat, like a Mushroom Repeater?

A giant blue glowing mushroom-themed rabbit boss.

He would hop around similar to golem, and perhaps throw giant carrots? He becomes enraged if fought outside of the glowing mushroom biome.

He would be early hardmode, fought by consuming a special glowing mushroom that occasionally grows in the surface mushroom biome similar to how gelatinous crystals work.

Perhaps he could drop that carrot pet that is currently unobtainable? Or have a chance to drop the fuzzy carrot, making it renewable.

Edit: After his defeat, the Truffle would begin selling new items like a mushroom bow/repeater, or perhaps spore arrows that inflict a DoT effect on hit. Or perhaps the truffle simply wouldn't show up at all until after his defeat.
I have an original character in my head named big fungus. Fun fact.

Not only do we NEED this, but we also need a special set of mushroom biome fish, as well as a pre-hardmode and hardmode crate for mushroom biomes

Back
Top Bottom