Working as Designed binoculars can kill you in constant and everything seed

Existence

Terrarian
Using a binocular in a constant world and facing an area with no light while you are in an area with light still triggers the darkness damage.
Note: This bug may only occur with the camera zoomed in enough.

Last edited:
Thanks for the report! I’m having some difficulty reproducing this from my end - would I be able to request a video of this occurring for you?

After further testing, it seems to only work on max zoom.
This was not tested on an actual Constant seed, but on a Legendary seed.
On an actual Constant Seed, it yields the same result after testing.
And it only happens when complete darkness is surrounding the light source
When the player zooms out to a completely dark area (with the use of binoculars or rifle scopes and/or its upgrades), the game thinks the player moved there, and because this is the Constant, they will receive a warning and then take damage shortly after (as much damage as being hit by a train), despite never physically leaving that lightened up area

Last edited:
IMG_1651.jpg
IMG_1653.jpg

Still having trouble when zoomed out the max amount - would I be able to get a video of this so I can cross-compare my steps? Phone footage works since I realize getting footage off of consoles isn't the easiest, haha

On a side note - I'm guessing this bug will likely also affect PC, but I'll be sure to confirm this once I can repro it on my end

I believe you have to zoom in and then use the binoculars/rifle scope and keep them in that dark area without any nearby light source for it to happen

It worked for me

I believe you have to zoom in and then use the binoculars/rifle scope and keep them in that dark area without any nearby light source for it to happen

It worked for me
Thanks for clarifying! I was zooming out instead of in. Can confirm that this hurts the player, but I’m also noticing this on PC - therefore, our version is working as designed. I’ll pass this along to Re-Logic though, since this looks like it could potentially be a bug.

Back
Top Bottom