Biome keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsoman

Terrarian
Hi guys, I got a few questions related to the biome keys.
  1. Is it possible to get the keys before entering Hardmode, just not being able to use them?
  2. Is the drop-rate the same? (1/2500)
  3. What kind of farm would you recommend? (Currently using the meteor head method.)

1. You can only get them after hardmode, you can only use them after you beat plantera tho.
  2. Yes
  3. Meteor head farms haven't worked for a long time for farming anything whatsoever. Since they were to powerful in being able to farm items very easily, they were made to drop nothing whatsoever. What I did to farm biome keys was to simply hallow out a very large area, and sand off any more tiny open spaces besides the area I want spawns to come in. After that I just made a platform in the air, and (with full summoning gear) brought out all my summons and let them kill :red: while afking. Tho this isn't necessarily the best methods. They do have ways to auto farm for all 4 key types of your world at the time, but I'm not sure if those still work. I do know that you can farm at least 2 keys at once, if your ice biome is hallowed out both keys will drop from there. Technically it's a more diluted drop pool but you can farm for both at once.

Thanks!

Got me the pygmy staff and the full armor set + the pygme necklase now. But the loot and the key, is there any good solutions for making them drop on the character?

Personally I just checked in every 15 minutes and picked up things, but you could also dig a hole in the ground, and a pit above it to where all mobs fall in the pit so the loot will be directly above you. It may also help to put a pool of lava small enough to not burn loot but still hurt mobs.

If you feel like it, you can farm easy events like the Frost Legion while in an artificial-biome arena. The more enemies in the event, the better.

Farming King Slimes can also drop a key since so many Slimes drop off him during the battle, I got the Crimson Key while farming Souls of Night.

Here's a good farm.
I recomend putting one good summon in the area where you stand to protect you from wraiths, and put as many broken slimes as you can under you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom