Items Biome solution renames

Snickerbobble

The Painter
We've got Blue Solution for the Hallow and Dark Blue Solution for Mushrooms.. this is only a minor change, but I'd prefer single color names for these. The names would become:

Blue_Solution.png
Blue Solution -> Cyan Solution (or Azure Solution)
Dark_Blue_Solution.png
Dark Blue Solution -> Blue Solution (Why Dark if the biome emits light?)

And if a Jungle Solution was ever added, instead of being Dark/Light Green, it would be Lime Solution.

These name changes would more accurately describe their corresponding biome grass colors, without borrowing a name from another biome's solution.

I think I'd prefer going a slightly different route -- purple (Corruption), red (Crimson), pink (Hallow). Although the grass is a big part of the surface Hallow, underground stone and ice is far more widespread as far as quantity goes. I'd still agree with dropping the "dark" from Dark Blue Solution, since there wouldn't be any further need to disambiguate it.

I'd probably also deepen the color of the Red Solution sprite a bit. I could just imagine somebody grabbing some Red Solution mistaking it for Pink Solution and ending up mortified when they accidentally hose down their jungle with liquid evil.

Personally, I'd prefer White Solution for the Hallow, but Cyan or White could also be applied to Ice, assuming the ability to Clentamonator-ilise an Ice biome was added. Nonetheless, Cyan, White (or as critcodedtuna mentioned) Pink would probably all work for the Hallow.

I think I'd prefer going a slightly different route -- purple (Corruption), red (Crimson), pink (Hallow). Although the grass is a big part of the surface Hallow, underground stone and ice is far more widespread as far as quantity goes. I'd still agree with dropping the "dark" from Dark Blue Solution, since there wouldn't be any further need to disambiguate it.

I'd probably also deepen the color of the Red Solution sprite a bit. I could just imagine somebody grabbing some Red Solution mistaking it for Pink Solution and ending up mortified when they accidentally hose down their jungle with liquid evil.
i agree. (I can see it now, Terrarian: WHy are there crimeras around? WAIT I JUST USED RED SOULUTION! NNNNNNOOOOO!!!!!!)

You sure have a lot of suggestions for the Clentaminator. Suggestion codex -> needed, but you know, with sorted alphabetised linked and... Scratch that, too time consuming.

I'd have to go with azure over blue since blue makes me think of water the ocean, especially dark blue.

Back
Top Bottom