Biomes & Nature Biome Suggestion - Deep Ocean!

But they don't add this. This has completely different enemies and content.
Okay, but they have the same core concept. It's kind of hard to compare them anyways when the only things detailed in this suggestion are a handful of cephalopod-based enemies and items.

Aside from working images/sprites, what the content in this post really needs is some variety. Most of the items and enemies here are focused around a single debuff.
Try adding stuff that isn't related to the Inky debuff, maybe some sort of beautiful glowing jellyfish miniboss that shoots electricity at you, or an item that allows you to transform into a bobbit worm. The point is, don't make everything from the biome inflict Inky.

As well as this, you should add some content that make the Deep Ocean a biome worth exploring. Think about what other biomes have that make them fun/important to explore. I'm not saying to add another "soul of __ight" item, just make it have stuff that's worth obtaining that fits the biome's theme. And as @Bame Jouvier said, try to balance it as best as you can, perhaps make some parts of the biome restricted until a certain boss or event is defeated. A biome isn't a good biome if all it has is a few non-special enemies and a lousy item or two.

Aside from working images/sprites, what the content in this post really needs is some variety. Most of the items and enemies here are focused around a single debuff.
Try adding stuff that isn't related to the Inky debuff, maybe some sort of beautiful glowing jellyfish miniboss that shoots electricity at you, or an item that allows you to transform into a bobbit worm. The point is, don't make everything from the biome inflict Inky.

As well as this, you should add some content that make the Deep Ocean a biome worth exploring. Think about what other biomes have that make them fun/important to explore. I'm not saying to add another "soul of __ight" item, just make it have stuff that's worth obtaining that fits the biome's theme. And as @Bame Jouvier said, try to balance it as best as you can, perhaps make some parts of the biome restricted until a certain boss or event is defeated. A biome isn't a good biome if all it has is a few non-special enemies and a lousy item or two.
Yeah the lack of diversity of things to do is the problem The hardmode desert and underworld as well as the sky in general all suffer this problem. As do meteorites if you treat those as a biome rather than a tedious mini game. The ocean tunnels are a good structural entrance but they really lack in everything that matters.
It is part of what makes the bloodmoon fishing monsters such a disappointment as had they been simply added to the ocean as a bloodmoon spawn they would be far more interesting. I had made a suggestion with others on this forum back in the day before depression hit me fairly hard there is plenty of material there.

Back
Top Bottom