Weapons & Equip Biome Weapon Project: Corruption

Is this one good as well?

• They're all awesome!

Votes: 80 85.1%
  • But some are more awesome than others, unfortunately... consider rebalancing.

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • None of these really appeals to me.

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

Baconfry

Terrarian
The next installment of the project is here!

ecliptic.png
(not my best sprite, but eh...)
Ecliptic
100 ranged damage
Slow speed
19% critical strike chance

Fires bullets as Shadow Bullets that pierce everything, including walls (albeit at lower velocity). However, Shadow Bullets cannot be fired if the Shadow meter (visible on the gun, and also over the player's head) is empty; the gun will shoot the first bullet in the inventory instead. Conversely, if the player doesn't have any bullets on them, Shadow Bullets can still be fired as long as their Shadow meter isn't empty. (The base damage value will be 7.)

The Shadow meter recharges gradually, but the rate of recharge is slowed if the player is exposed to light. Every Shadow Bullet fired will momentarily dim all light sources near the player.

infernalstaff.png

Infernal Staff
25 summon damage

Summons a Cursed Fireball. When initially summoned, each minion takes a purple color, and has 25 summon damage. However, a minion that scores a killing blow on an enemy will have its damage increased by (int)(enemy's contact damage value/10). Damage is capped at 45. A minion at maximum power will take on a green color, and have a 50% chance of inflicting Cursed Inferno. Minions in between will fall somewhere on that scale, from green to purple, and have some chance of inflicting Cursed Inferno between 0% and 50%.

Cursed Fireballs basically act like Spider minions on background walls. Those who know the Spider Staff will know that that's a devastating attack pattern, indeed. In addition, they pass through walls. To counteract this, the weapon's base range will be rather short. (Cenx confirmed Summoner Prefixes, so I'm fairly sure minion range will be a thing.)

parasitelauncher.png

Parasite Launcher
58 magic damage
Fast speed
10 mana

Launches homing parasite projectiles. These projectiles have a 33% chance of inflicting the Infested debuff.

An enemy with the Infested debuff releases a projectile identical to the one fired by the Parasite Launcher every second. It can target the host, like a Spectre wisp, and usually does if no other enemies are nearby. The projectile's damage value is identical to the host's contact damage value, and it also has a 33% chance of inflicting the Infested debuff. The debuff lasts 20 seconds.

Does this look good, guys? Just two more left!

Last edited:
hmm not bad my only pet peeve here is the Ecliptic doesn't seem very corrupt... perhaps it could be inspired more by a heavily altered and "corrupted" Musket the gun for the corruption?
and the infernal staff seems weird in that its a fireball not alive but strangeness is okay for biome chests

hmm not bad my only pet peeve here is the Ecliptic doesn't seem very corrupt... perhaps it could be inspired more by a heavily altered and "corrupted" Musket the gun for the corruption?
and the infernal staff seems weird in that its a fireball not alive but strangeness is okay for biome chests
Yeah, the Ecliptic was the sort of idea that might or might not have been able to stand alone in its own thread. I'd be very glad to hear how to improve it, both in concept and in appearance.

Living fireballs are actually quite a famous feature of Japanese mythology. That was the inspiration behind that one.

Yeah, the Ecliptic was the sort of idea that might or might not have been able to stand alone in its own thread. I'd be very glad to hear how to improve it, both in concept and in appearance.

Living fireballs are actually quite a famous feature of Japanese mythology. That was the inspiration behind that one.
nice glad there's an inspiration for the fire ball and glad i could help with the gun. (think of a musket that has been sitting in a shadow orb too long and has merges with it... it could even glow in parts like a shadow orb! :)

I think the Infernal Staff needs to be renamed, because when I think 'Infernal" I think of the Underworld and fire and such.
Rename it to Dreadful Staff, or something like that?

I think the Infernal Staff needs to be renamed, because when I think 'Infernal" I think of the Underworld and fire and such.
Rename it to Dreadful Staff, or something like that?
I had conflicting feelings about that one... I named it that because of "Cursed Inferno", and I couldn't extend it to " Cursed Inferno Staff" because it would be awkward.

The Ecliptic's palette reminds me of Shadow Armor, so I think it fits. If anything needs work, I'd say it would be the Infernal Staff. The flame kinda just looks pasted on there.

The Ecliptic's palette reminds me of Shadow Armor, so I think it fits. If anything needs work, I'd say it would be the Infernal Staff. The flame kinda just looks pasted on there.
Maybe I need to add some more green to the rest of the weapon and transition it into purple... I'll work on it tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom