Weapons & Equip Biome Weapon Project: Crimson

Still good?

• All of them!

Votes: 84 75.0%
  • Hmm... some of them. (Which ones?)

Votes: 23 20.5%
  • Ugh, none of them.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • None of them, and this wasn't a great idea in the first place.

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

Baconfry

Terrarian
So, those who didn't see the previous installment of Biome Weapon Project, here's the deal: I'm working with SzGamer227 and Scarecrow to populate every biome chest with weapons of every class. Without further ado, here are the weapons we're planning to add to the Crimson Chest!

bloodlustarrow.png

Bloodlust Arrow (Named by SzGamer227)
16 ranged damage
100% chance to not be consumed

Every shot fired drains 1 HP from the user (unless ammo conservation activated). However, when an arrow lands a killing blow on an enemy, all teammates are healed by sqrt(enemy's max health).

vesselnet.png

Vessel Net
33 magic damage
Average speed

Casts a network of noclipping blood vessels that hit multiple times, almost exactly like a Nettle Burst. Every hit has a 5% chance of forcing the target to drop an additional heart (up to 10). When the enemy dies, a small pulsating organ (like a miniature Demon Heart) is left in its place, and three seconds after the organ is created, it can be attacked and popped to claim those hearts.

vampirestaff.png
index.php
(Alternate sprite by Scarecrow)
Vampire Staff (Original idea by SzGamer227)
42 summon damage
Summons vampire bats that steal life from enemies. However, a wielder who does not steal health quickly enough starts to slowly die of hunger.
See the thread for exact details.

How are we doing so far? We need your feedback to make this the best idea it can be!

Last edited:
I do like this but the arrows might be not what I would expect for a dungeon chest possibly make those replace the pre-hardmode corruption arrows (can't recall tier name) and a hardmode bow that makes all arrows have that effect

No , i think 2 items are few..
Your Highness, if you understood the context of this suggestion, you'd know that I'm suggesting a biome weapon for each class for every biome. There are three in this particular suggestion, including SzGamer227's Vampire Staff. In total, there will be sixteen new items introduced as part of the Biome Weapon Project. I don't understand why you think there's any lack of detail here.

Last edited:
the vampire arrows should be changed to be a crimson alternative to unholy arrows, maybe have a harpoon-like weapon?

I like this. A lot.

Actually, this reminds me of a crimson-esque suggestion I made on the old forum, I believe it was for 'Acid Knives.' Basically, a pre-hardmode weaker form of ichor that lowers less defense than it does. Man, that was a long time ago on some Crimson expansion thread, I probably couldn't even find it anymore.

The idea was that whatever Crimson equivalent to vile powder would give it properties similar to stomach acid.

the vampire arrows should be changed to be a crimson alternative to unholy arrows, maybe have a harpoon-like weapon?
Oh... that might derail my plans for a Corruption-themed infinite bullet. Hmm.

You know, SilverBird, you should try this yourself sometime. Then you'll know how hard it is to come up with new and creative ranged weapons.

Whatever it is, it needs to be an embodiment of the Crimson biome. This looks like some sort of fishing equipment or Tinkerer invention.

Tell you what. I'll suggest a non-infinite Crimson Arrow for the early game alongside this, just for you. Are you down with that?

Whatever it is, it needs to be an embodiment of the Crimson biome. This looks like some sort of fishing equipment or Tinkerer invention.
[insert image here because it won't work]
meat hook =P
hmm, just call it "The Meat Hook"

hmm I'm iffy on this as is I can't support The vampire staff adds several debuffs for one item which seems a bit much to me
The vessel net is fine however
The real question is how would this infinite arrow work (well the arrow makes sense for the crimson but a bullet from the curruption doesn't seem to at all...)
It would make more sense for it to be a bow that has the effect o do this with any arrow rather than it being an arrow but I can reserve judgment until I have further evidence is presented.

As for the biome chest addition concept I have already given my opinion in the ice biome chest thread

hmm I'm iffy on this as is I can't support The vampire staff adds several debuffs for one item which seems a bit much to me
The vessel net is fine however
The real question is how would this infinite arrow work (well the arrow makes sense for the crimson but a bullet from the curruption doesn't seem to at all...)
It would make more sense for it to be a bow that has the effect o do this with any arrow rather than it being an arrow but I can reserve judgment until I have further evidence is presented.

As for the biome chest addition concept I have already given my opinion in the ice biome chest thread
Your feedback has been extremely helpful. I've decided not to do that infinite Corruption bullet, but what I'm planning will have something to do with ammo conservation. I'll also be posting the problem with the Vampire Staff and my proposed solution on SzGamer227's thread.

Your feedback has been extremely helpful. I've decided not to do that infinite Corruption bullet, but what I'm planning will have something to do with ammo conservation. I'll also be posting the problem with the Vampire Staff and my proposed solution on SzGamer227's thread.
Alright I'm going to hold off on voting in the poll to see how this turns out.

AN idea for the Vessel Net: Instead of being almost exactly like the Nettleburst, each segment would have a chance to split into two different paths, causing the projectile to branch out and have a cool, forking attack style. Like so:
vesselnet.png

You could say we need to branch away from using duplicate attack patterns for Biome Chest weapons. :p

Back
Top Bottom