Weapons & Equip Biome Weapon Project: Cyber

Look, a poll.

• My mind is blown and it hurts so good.

Votes: 136 92.5%
  • My mind is blown and it hurts so bad.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Not quite blown yet...

Votes: 8 5.4%

• Total voters

Baconfry

Terrarian
Welcome to the first installment of the project that revolves around a purely-hypothetical biome. It will not be the last. (@Tobbvald :dryadwink:)

This time around, we have sprites from @Zoomo himself, who agreed to breathe life into my crazy concepts. Of course, I shouldn't even have to tell you that they're from Zoomo, because my sprite work can't even remotely compare to his. %:sigh:

But that's enough "praise Zoomo" for today. After all, we have an entire social group for that. Moving on to the weapons themselves!

cyber weapon 1.png

Antimatter Blade
115 melee damage
Snail speed
Very weak knockback

A melee weapon that doesn't fit any existing scheme, the Antimatter Blade propels the user a set distance in a single direction, in the blink of an eye.

For the few frames in which the dash/teleport is performed, the player cannot be damaged, and enemies that are caught in the attack are hit by the weapon.
IMG_20141020_135934.jpg

Even if you aren't using the melee class full-time, you'll probably find this a convenient piece of equipment for getting around quickly.

cyber weapon 2.png

Plasma Cannon
65 ranged damage
Very fast speed
Extremely weak knockback

Uses rockets to fire Plasma Balls, which initially travel rapidly in a straight line and pierce twice. Every time a Plasma Ball hits an enemy or an obstacle, it explodes, meaning that shooting directly at a line of three enemies blows them up three times over. Plasma Balls also bounce off surfaces, exploding when they bounce (each projectile explodes three times before disappearing).

After traveling a certain distance, Plasma Balls become homing. (Wouldn't want to make this weapon a glorified Unholy Trident.)

cyber weapon 3.png

Drone Staff
48 summon damage
Summons Drones, nondescript blue spheres with no attack pattern of their own. In order to fight, they move within range of enemies and "download" their AI, preserving it until ten seconds have passed outside of combat.

Because of the huge variety of AIs in Terraria, I've simplified it down to the basics: Fighter, Caster, Flying, Plant, Spider, and Worm. That leaves us with ten different minions that can be called up, because attack patterns differ depending on whether the downloaded enemy has a projectile or not. (And as far as I know, no Spiders have projectiles, and no Casters lack them.)

This is so complicated that I'll reserve a Q&A post underneath this just to answer questions about the Drone Staff, for queries involving specific enemies.

And let's not forget the Lightning Gauntlet...
Lightning Gauntlet
index.php

Hj8KAmD.png
100%
power: none
tooltip: 'Ultimate... Powah!'
Attack Type: Lightning Gauntlet
speed: Continuous (auto-fires)
damage: 50
knockback: high
value: 4 gold
notes:
* It causes lightning too shoot out of the players hand while used.
* The lightning will sort of arc out of the players hand in a conical shape.
* It would be made out of a whole bunch of Vilethorn like projectiles.
* This would also latch onto enemies near it stretching pulling and bending itself to hit them.
* It will appear as a glove on your hand when selected in your hot bar like the magic harp.

So there we have it... how did I do?

Last edited:
Reserved for questions about the Drone Staff.

Swimming AI becomes Flying.
Plantera becomes Plant. Projectile = true.
Golem and its fists become Fighter. Projectile = true.
Spell AI, Blazing Wheel AI, Spike Ball AI, and Sharkron AI are not downloadable.
Destroyer and EoW become Worm. Projectile = true for Destroyer. Probes become Flying; Projectile = true.
Wall of Flesh mouth becomes Plant, and its eyes become Caster.
Slime and King Slime AI become Fighter.
Mourning Wood and Everscream become Fighter. Projectile = true.
All other bosses become Flying.

In retrospect, this isn't an art thread, so this separate post was entirely unnecessary. Oops.

Last edited:
Awesome, but... where's the magic weapon? Nvm. Great job on the weapon, and those sprites are awesome.

Last edited:
The drone staff is one of the coolest ideas I have seen on here! Nice work.
[DOUBLEPOST=1415062847][/DOUBLEPOST]Also did you forget slime AI?

one thing you forgot... accessory. all I have to say looking forward to seeing what the accessory would be

This is fantastic, I'll do one of my 'trademark' ratings after, but for now I'd like to show my initial praise. Bloody good job, Baconfry.

Those who enjoy the classic block-breaking game of Brick... will probably enjoy the new Plasma Cannon mechanic with Rocket IVs.

Concerning the Drone Staff when used on enemies such as: the Pirate Crossbower and Deadeye; Goblin, Skeleton, and Elf Archers; Skeleton Commando and Sniper; and Tactical Skeleton.

Fighter AI w/ Projectile = true, or Caster AI? They don't quite behave like Casters or Eyezores...

Concerning the Drone Staff when used on enemies such as: the Pirate Crossbower and Deadeye; Goblin, Skeleton, and Elf Archers; Skeleton Commando and Sniper; and Tactical Skeleton.

Fighter AI w/ Projectile = true, or Caster AI? They don't quite behave like Casters or Eyezores...
Actually, seeing that a caster minion already behaves mostly like a fighter with a projectile, maybe these projectile-shooting Fighters can be downloaded as the Caster minion. The names aren't visible, anyways.

Actually, wouldn't it be better to turn Casters into Ranged AI instead of the other way around? The Minion version AI already exists in the Pygmy Staff, so they wouldn't have to program a teleporting Minion AI especially for Casters. This would translate into letting the downloaded Caster minions be able to run around instead of teleport.

Or we could just add a seventh type of AI available for download. Traveling until line of sight is established is a remarkably different behavior then simply sitting there and firing no-clipping projectiles or running around firing nonstop like Eyezores or Ice Golems, and both AI types are prominent in the game, why not have both?

I could just remove the Caster AI entirely and split it up into Fighters (which act like Pirates) and grounded projectile shooters, including Casters(which act like Pygmies).

Posting suggestions for a suggestion.
The Cyber is that good.

Also I don't fully understand the concept of the antimatter blade. Do you throw it and your physical being is imbued with it when it's thrown or what?

Posting suggestions for a suggestion.
The Cyber is that good.

Also I don't fully understand the concept of the antimatter blade. Do you throw it and your physical being is imbued with it when it's thrown or what?
Yeah, it's that good.

The Antimatter Blade is almost like a teleportation weapon, but more like a directional dash. The Blade spins around as you move.

Back
Top Bottom