Portfolio/Multi-Topic Biome Weapon Project: Implementation

How did I do?

• Hey, that works! New biome weapons are starting to make a lot more sense to implement now!

Votes: 112 86.8%
  • You... you s-s-solved the Avenger Emblem problem! Oh my gosh!

Votes: 66 51.2%
  • Hey, those Lanterns seem really neat! I'd love to have these.

Votes: 58 45.0%
  • You didn't solve jack squat-o! Boo!

Votes: 7 5.4%

• Total voters
to collect all the weapons...
Oops, misinterpreted your post. "Hard to do", not "hard to implement".

Yes, collecting all the biome keys you need to unlock every biome chest in your world is difficult. No one said it would be easy. I ain't handing these weapons out on a silver platter. I expect people to put in the effort.

Heck, I already proposed an increase to the biome key mold drop chance. You're welcome.

The Wall of Flesh will now drop the Ancient Emblem, Clockwork Assault Rifle, Breaker Blade, and Laser Rifle at the same rate.
Reduction of RNG is a big love happy face from me. :passionate:

I have another suggestion, though.

Why not make the breaker blade, CAR, and Laser Rifle random, and the Emblem and Pwnhammer normal, every-time drops?

Actually, heck, why don't I do the Cyber?
This should be interesting.

Why not make the breaker blade, CAR, and Laser Rifle random, and the Emblem and Pwnhammer normal, every-time drops?
You mean the WoF would drop all four every single time? I think that would be too drastic of a change for my liking.

There are, however, ways that can harmlessly reduce the grindiness of RNG-dependant boss grinds:
http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...uired-boss-drops-reducing-boss-grinding.1847/

You mean the WoF would drop all four every single time? I think that would be too drastic of a change for my liking.

No, three items, one random (CAR, Breaker Blade, Laser Rifle) and two guarantees (Ancient Emblem, Pwnhammer). This way, the player can forge an emblem to their liking. This would add a step to making an Avenger Emblem by making players have to forge their preferred emblem, but would drastically reduce WoF grind overall. Just imagine killing WoF about a dozen times instead of over fifty times to get the items you want. Still a hefty grind, but far from the ridiculous mess we are in currently.

No, three items, one random (CAR, Breaker Blade, Laser Rifle) and two guarantees (Ancient Emblem, Pwnhammer).
Yeah, that's what I had hoped.
Maybe 50% Ancient Emblem, 50% either ClAR, BBlade, or LRifle.
I like Burnscar's method more, because it aligns better with the WoF drop table that I used to push for: every Emblem would be dropped with the weapon of its respective class. That would translate into a 100% chance to drop an Emblem and a 33% chance to get any one weapon.

Haven't forgotten it, just neglecting it for now until someone proposes an extensive and in-depth expansion. So, it's just Hell for now.
Okay now I have to get around to doing the ocean sugestion I came up with... ulg that will be a lot of work...

Very interesting concept! Though I have difficulty finding specific description on how this whole thing will work, tier and actual number of any of all those weapons in any given world I love the idea of a giant treasure hunt with the power-meter, it would make for some very refreshing game-play! (though it may either collide or benefit from the ideas I have for Necronomitron's one drop, given the sheer number of these things I'm thinking the first ._.; ).

In case it wasn't clear, a more thorough description on how this whole thing works would be much appreciated, (if there is none making one would be a smart move).

Back
Top Bottom