tModLoader Bismuth Mod Release

This looks astounding in everyway possible! I wonder how far this mod will go with hardmode and even post moonlord content is related.

I've been holding off messing around with this one, as I want to save it for a real play through, massive cheers to everyone involved!

PS: Maybe it's just me, but this mod is giving me MC Twilight Forest Vibes, donno why, it just feels that... well done prehaps

I somewhat remember this mod from years ago, but this comeback is quite big and nice. I like the generated structures, proven they don't get in the way of others. It even seems to play nicely with Start with Base, without them overriding each other. I managed to play some of this update as both an thrower and assassin, with the former making much more progress than the latter. From what I've seen, there's about a dozen assassin weapons, yet I don't know how to get any of the rest aside from the starting one. Speaking of the starting assassin weapon, 3 damage means a lot of enemies will only take 1 damage from it. Although fast, it also doesn't autoswing, which can be a bit tiring on rapid clicking as well. I also noticed with at least some of the tools, you can't turn around with them mid swing, which is different to say the least. I'm trying to get a feel for the assassin class. Do the other weapons drop from quest rewards or sold by NPCs or something?

Does this mod by any chance include the amount of ores spawned in the world? I found plenty of ores of both the regular and alternate types (like both iron and lead). Also, I find that certain quests will be rather difficult to complete, like when they tell you to find something somewhere. One's an altar in the sky, which I have yet to find. Another is to find something underground with seemingly little hints for. Also, the journey doesn't really give a summary of your current objectives. I mean, it'll tell you them, but not in details like the quest giver said. One of the quests is to find something in or near the jungle, but if I don't remember that, the quest giver or journey won't say that again. On the Boss Checklist, the Banshee is listed very early on, but unless there's a trick or item or something, you get instagibbed by it.

With the leveling system, could you make the XP and level bar show up when the journey is opened? It would save having to bind an extra hotkey to it, which get pretty limited when running so many other mods. The leveling is very limited by game progress, so I found I end up with a lot of unspent skill points. Perhaps it would be better if upgrades wasn't locked behind boss progress, but can be increased to the max when you first access the skill? Speaking of the skill tree, I take it summoner is in the works?

This mod looks amazing, just from seeing the bosses alone. I like the effort that went into them, and I hope more come along in the future.

So I have a weird bug going on that I wanted to report because I don't know why this is occurring. When I create a new world with this mod, the world creates just fine and everything, with all the structures.......except for some reason, none of the actual town NPCS themselves spawn. the town structures do, but not the NPCs. I don't know why this occurs, and I'm currently looking into if it's a mod conflict, but if I may ask, is there any way to add an option in the config file to make the town npcs spawn like regular npcs would in your game? (via available housing and all that). Would help work around this issue. I tried using the cheat menu mod to spawn in the town npcs after the game loaded, but that seemed to make them think I already did a bunch of things for them, so I'm not sure that's a solution x.x

This mod seems really awesome, and everything else about it as far as I can tell so far works great! I just wish the town npcs wouldn't stop spawning xD, lol.

the mod seems to have some issues loading and unloading. when i tried to host and join a server with the mod my game would freeze or give me the "invalid operation at this state" error. i then tried isolating the mod and making a new world that was only vanilla with the mod, and in this case i could join but several furniture tiles were unloaded.

The attached image is of the errors i got in the server console when trying to run the mod alongside others
bismuth mod errors.png

the mod seems to have some issues loading and unloading. when i tried to host and join a server with the mod my game would freeze or give me the "invalid operation at this state" error. i then tried isolating the mod and making a new world that was only vanilla with the mod, and in this case i could join but several furniture tiles were unloaded.

The attached image is of the errors i got in the server console when trying to run the mod alongside others
View attachment 235209
Just check previous comments. I'm so tired talking about same things for a thousand times

View attachment 235209
They already said this mod isn't multiplayer compatible for now

this mod dont seem to work in Multiplayer is their any multiplayer compatibility planned?
I was about to say this mod doesn't have multiplayer support, but asking if it is planned is a good question.

I'd imagine that RPG system would be rather difficult to properly translate over a netgame

as the npcs are set on the same surface,some npcs could be under the ground.
and the skill tree……i dont think skill tree unlocked by defeating bosses is a skill tree,personally-_-

Back
Top Bottom