tModLoader Bismuth Mod Release

While I'm on this mod's Discord server, isn't this forum a perfectly valid place to talk about this mod, including questions about it? I mean, what else would this thread be for, if not discussion and info on this mod? While Discord is a very popular program, you're asking people on this forum to use third party software that isn't directly tied into Terraria like tModLoader. So they could have an account here, use it, and then find out they have to get another program just to ask an question they probably thought they could do here. I would argue it would be easier to find answers in this thread (while it remains small), as it has way less messages than the Discord server will.

It seems questions about the races are somewhat common in this thread already. Maybe a FAQ in the first post could help, so even people who find this thread via the mod browser would be able to see it?
I'll add FAQ, but it's much easier to answer all your questions when they are all in the same place.

I'll add FAQ, but it's much easier to answer all your questions when they are all in the same place.
Agreeed with this and LoneGamer's point, Discord is good for large scale discussions (as not everyone wants to join these forums but would rather join a discord server, people like me are a minority in thinking the other way)

But, general information is alot easier to read and far more accessible on a forum page until you get a proper wiki for your mod, you don't have to join these forums to read (likely most) threads

Is there a way to add an option offset generation of the starting town? The Antiaris mod spawns a ruined house for the guide near world spawn but when put alongside Bismuth, it leads to some uh... interesting generation as demonstrated in this post.

If not, it's not really a huge deal for me, I can always start a world with Antiaris disabled to avoid the problem; I'd just like to have all my mods living in unbalanced harmony. Thanks for taking the time to read this. (I also asked on discord but who tf knows if it'll be seen)

well, reading the other posts, I've now realized we shouldn't have tried this in multiplayer. but it's working! except for the fact that saruman keeps telling us that "you'll pay for this". any idea why?... is this a known mp glitch?

Last edited:
well, reading the other posts, I've now realized we shouldn't have tried this in multiplayer. but it's working! except for the fact that saruman keeps telling us that "you'll pay for this". any idea why?... is this a known mp glitch?
Have you guys killed the eye of cthulu? Cause as soon as we killed it and tried to level up our skills it didn't work it just quite literally broke and our skills are staying the same no matter how many times we kill the eye of cthulu.

So, I've been playing this mod for a few days now and I though I'd ask, how do I lift the mirror of the undead curse?
I have the same question. I didn't realize what was happening, and now I only have 39hp

EDIT: Checked the Discord, drink a Panacea

Great Mod, but I have encountered an issue recently. My world gen is all messed up and builds a guide house on top of the town and there is no way to get rid of it.
if anyone has any ideas on how to fix it please let me know.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    308 KB · Views: 364
Great Mod, but I have encountered an issue recently. My world gen is all messed up and builds a guide house on top of the town and there is no way to get rid of it.
if anyone has any ideas on how to fix it please let me know.

That house is from The Antiaris mod. What I did was use TerraCustom (which I use anyway, it's awesome) for world generation, which allows you to delete individual world gen steps. I just deleted the the "[Antiaris] Guide House" step.

ETA:
TerraCustom.jpg

ETA2: weird, but the Imperion Helmet is bugged putting it on the Womanequin (haven't tried the Mannequin). It won't show, also, any helmets you plus subsequently on the same Womanequin are "lost" as well (pickaxing the Womanequin will not give you the Imperion Helmet, nor any subsequently placed helmets, back (I lost my magic hat `😢).

ETA3: re ETA2, that's such a minor thing, just wanted to point out that I was not hoping for a bugfix. Also I play with a literal :red: ton of mods (an :red: ton of mods = 50, accroding to the ISO - I'm actually currently at an :red: ton + 12)

Attachments

• TerraCustom.jpg
    TerraCustom.jpg
    523.2 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:
Okay, hate the blind maze. Hate it. Hate it with an absolute passion.

ETA: Okay, I may have over reacted 😁

Last edited:
Really interesting and fun mod, one simple thing it could use to improve is to always generate the temple on the right side, as calamity generates the sulphurous sea on the left, and a temple there is inexistent basically

This is a great mod so far and I'm excited to delve further in, but as of right now I have a big problem with it.

Killing the eye of cthulu does not unlock further skills in my skill tree. I know that I have plenty of skill points since I haven't spent any for some time and have leveled up several times, I have cleared every preceding boss and mini-boss, and have tried re-killing the Eye multiple times. Does anyone know what's wrong here or have a solution?

Only other thing I'm curious about is if there is a way to keep track of skill points. In know that right now I have 6, but I can't see that recorded anywhere.

Hey I have the same problem here I killed the eye of cthulu and I still can't unlock the skills that requires it, and I have enough skill points, anyone has an idea why pls ?

Hey, this mod's a ton of fun, great work on it!

I was just wondering about the archmage's amulet. I've got the dark fragment, but Recipe Browser won't tell me where to find the other half. Any hints?

I've got a problem after beating WoF,
1588336366903.png

Its spam in chat and never ends, if i off and on in browser it will not help.

Hey this mod looks really nice but im having 1 problem with it so far:
The blacksmith is really annoying, the sound he makes when he slams on the anvil is really loud and obnoxious.
Is there a way to get rid of it? or just deactivate the sound? Help would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom