Items Black Spot Mount NEEDS To Be Nerfed

It could still be viable though, to quickly get away, that would be a good compromise swapping between mount and item, adds a bit more skill involved. That's how I'd use it at least 🥴
Yes, but if you’re running away and can’t attack, that makes it even more of a panic button than the nurse, and unlike her, it only protects you from one attack.

According to Leinfors, Black Spot was meant to be a "fun" item only meant for traveling across your world quickly, and they didn't take boss fights into consideration at all when designing it. It kind of means that you can't really nerf the speed or flight time while keeping this vision...

HOWEVER, there is a way to nerf it without touching this original intent. You could simply make it so items aren't usable while the mount is active, meaning that it's almost completely useless for kiting unless you're playing Pure Summoner (which there is literally zero support for anyway so I don't even consider that a downside.) This makes it useless for bosses, without getting rid of the quick travel it also provides.

I feel the item thing should be swapped with the Shrimpy Truffle or Scaley Truffle. Which were designed to be battle mount. Pure Summoner should become an actually usable class as the class I find is finally getting more and more cooked, but the main problem is with that class. Grinding and bull@#^@ levels of RNG, but back on topic.... Yes that seems to be a good way to nerf it, but I feel a buffing should happen or a new item to help fix it. Master Mode I find sucks I am literally to the point I am just going to get into Terraria Moddng for the Eternity Mode, a mode that actually provides good items and not too different from base game outside of extra fancy recipes, but actually fun AI. The Flying Dutchman is OP. I am surprised there isn't a Shrimpy Truffle that is buffed a tad similar to that, but better. AKA Maybe a crabby truffle? As a replacement for the shrimpy truffle being basically flying dutchman with some handful of use in combat intended shrimp truffle. As a good compromise that does use items.

no it doesnt, let people have good things
Mastermode no offense was a garbage experience. Too hard? No, but more of the same. It feels like a lesser expert mode. A game that kicks your butt I am okay with, but I am not okay with is a lack of legitimate rewards for difficulty... Example of Fargo's Mod being fairly well designed. The lack of really any good mastermode drops or increased drops from monsters makes me disappointed.

I never used the black spot but I did use the witches broom. witches broom is probs one of the better mounts post plantera. it stays summoned in liquids, moves really fast. and doesn't add an extra tile to player's height, meaning you can go through doors with it.

I don't think it's that impressive. The infinite flight is very handy but also is a disadvantage in many ways. Same goes for UFO Mount.

- At short distances its mobility is horrendous. Don't plan on dodging the same as without it.
- You can obtain far greater speed/flight without a mount. It's just not infinite.
- I find it to be near worthless when mining or fighting in close quarters.
- The Black Spot increases your height to 5 tiles, which is even worse than the UFO mount.
- Its not difficult to get superior Wings/Speed well before you even can summon the pirates.

So it makes the Mech Bosses easier. In my opinion they were very unbalanced in Expert Mode and now they nerfed Titanium Armor. I think the mount negates the nerfing and keeps things balanced.
Negating the nerf means its to op, they nerfed it because it was to op, not so it can be replaced.

Master Mode was supposed to not add any powerful drops, its all glory no fortune

This mount is extremely OP, especially for the time that you’re able to obtain it. Infinite flight is supposed to be Post Golem, and it feels too OP against the mech bosses to be able to never have to touch the ground that early on in hard mode. It essentially gives you the infinite flight drop that the empress of light drops straight away into hardmode. It ruins the point of wings and their whole progression as well. I understand that it is master mode, but with this mount the mechs seem to be easier on master mode than expert mode. One possible nerf that was suggested by a user on reddit (I forgot his name) was to make the Flying Dutchman a post plantera boss. This would be a very good way to keep the mount valuable while not making it OP. Another possible nerf could be to make the mount have to touch the ground after an extended amount of time, maybe after 15 seconds or so. Comparing this mount to the UFO as it currently stands, it is much faster vertically once full speed, which can be instantly accessed by dashing with the shield of Cthulhu. It feels as if infinite flight isn’t even special anymore with this mount, as it’s so easily obtainable. Let me know what you guys think about the nerfs I suggested or even suggest some of your own.
its already been nerfed a ton since 1.4.1, now being 2x slower and turns super slow. its good as it is, doesn't need to be nerfed or buffed.

The Black Spot is completely useless for bossfights imo (post-nerf) because it's so extremely slow now and instantly stops moving when you mount it briefly. As a master mode exclusive it's a nice little treat, not very useful though for combat. If anything it's speed should be very slightly buffed. It is by far the worst infinite flight mount now, as should be expected since it's available so early. I stop using it as soon as I have a replacement. I challenge myself to beat Duke Fishron pre-mech so that perhaps changes my perspective on this. (the Cute Fishron mount)

What I would do is restore it original speed fully, but have the nerf only active when a boss is alive or an event is ongoing. So that it can still be fun, as intended.

What I would do is restore it original speed fully, but have the nerf only active when a boss or mini-boss is alive or an event is ongoing. So that it can still be fun, as intended.
I would have just had it inflict Cursed while you're using it or something. I don't agree with the way they nerfed it, as it seems a bit lazy, but oh well.

Back
Top Bottom