IC Black, Tainted Calamity (A Calamity Mod Roleplay)

What do you think of this RP?

• It's GREAT, I love it!!!

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Meh, it's OKAY I guess...

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • It SUCKS.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Other (for whatever reason the other three options aren't how you feel about this rp)

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
"Not so heavily guarded as I would have thought. However, we need to fix your lack of a usable ranged weapon, and I have schematics that could work."

"Alright. You should have some healing potions from Crabulon to help treat it. Sit tight in the meantime though, I'm going to give you an upgrade to your equipment."

Velika walks back to the factory portion of Draedon's lab.
"This will do." With the flicker of a few switches, the factory flared to life, and so did Velika's work.

Computer monitors and consoles lit up. Machinery stirred, clicked, and hissed. Furnaces were turned into automated crucibles and foundries that flowed with molten metal down canals into the newly constructed main fabrication station.

Through a combination of Velika's mastery over artifice and Draedon's technology, work was done steadily and quickly, using everything he could to expedite the process to be thorough and speedy, and with a massive amount of materials that can be taken from nearby planetoids, Velika was going to use everything he needed.

Sizzling, welding, whirring. Buzzsaws cutting metal into sizable pieces. Metal clanks are parts are removed and replaced. Velika worked at the assembler passionately, as if it compelled him to work with a fervent desire. Soon, the work completed with a satisfying hiss of steam and smoke.

"Work is complete. Allow me to present you with this Tesla armor."
Velika presents a suit of armor made of a dark material with Sea Prisms visibly etched into the armor.
"I managed to design this armor to your specifications. Physically, it is a suit of tiny, interlocked metal links, leaving you still able to move quite well, with plating overlaying that is made of an alloy composed of the metal you brought me and Sea Prisms. The plating is placed at key parts so attacks would slide off the plating instead of bluntly tanking damage. It is also lined with patches of gold, designed to conduct the Sea Prism's already electric nature into a short ranged energy field to protect you and damage any enemies who decide to hit you. In total, it would be almost stronger than molten armor when fully powered up. Without the energy field though, you'd have something quite weaker."
Looking over it, Velika nods to his own thoughts.
"If you find me some valuable materials, I can improve it tremendously as well. Consider finding the materials your price for this handiwork being for free, for now. However..."
Velika sifted through his work to pick up another device.
"I noticed you used firearms, and had issues with ammunition, and so I will give you this as a part of your specifications."

Velika presents a small pistol to Max.
"This is a Pulse Pistol from Draedon's designs, although I performed my own liberties with it. Some metals had to be improvised, but using the Sea Prisms from before, I am able to adapt the weapon systems to a more fitting design, thanks to the Sea Prism's already inherent electrical conducting properties. In other words, I decided to upgrade it with my own knowledge. After all, it is better to understand how the parts work together instead of being a pure mimic. Lots of changes to the circuitry however."
Velika flips the pistol over, pointing at certain components that Velika modified.
"You see those two contact tips? That's where the weapon will eject its charge into a pulse. Its electrical pulse is effective against all targets, not just inorganic foes, although it is still more effective against inorganics like spirits and machines comparitively. When it hits a target, the electrical arc will jump between adjacent targets, plants and certain structural objects. Missed shots will arc from their points of impact against walls. This arc will also bypass most armors, as most pulse weaponry can. Including metal, especially metal. In other words, it's great crowd control. And thanks to it just needing charge, you do not need to worry of carrying backpacks of ammunition."
Velika pointed to another component.
"A union between mushroom and Sea Prisms thanks to Crabulon's inspiration, the Sea Prisms allow the electrical energy to be received quickly, stimulating these captured mushroom spores to store the energy as their organic acids, which are then converted into power like any normal alkaline acid battery. In other words, I have found a way to quicken the charge time within the weapon as opposed to its original design. Not only that, I've installed auxiliary recycler chip of my own design. It's perfect for a weapon like this in order to get more use out of the battery. Don't try to install it on more rapid-fire automatics however, you'll burn the chip out or simply give your weapon more overheating issues."

Velika hands over the pistol to Max.
"With these schematics, I am able to innovate new upgrades and can improve the functionality of these weapons. The only limiting factor this has is its initial design. Draedon designed these specific designs for lower lab scientists, and so their initial designs are weaker. This includes its range being lower than a combustion pistol. However, the pistol you have now should be effective enough to be lethal. More lethal than usual. For example, Crabulon would probably not last for a minute under sustained focused fire from this weapon."

Velika chuckled. "It has been a long time since I could create something like this. It might be subpar compared to my normal proper equipment, but I have a few other weapon designs I have innovated to improve beyond Draedon's lab tier technology. "
Velika's disposition straightened out after a moment, "So, what do you think?"

|He would be silent for a couple seconds before...|

``What do I think..? I love it..! Thanks so much!``

|He seems so happy that he is ignoring his right shoulder's situation|

Velika nodded. "And I have more where that came from."

Velika pulls out a disk-like boomerang, "The Tracking Disk. When thrown, it can track and fire bolts of energy at enemies as it passes by. When prepared with stealth, it is able to target up to four different enemies. However, my modifications are more favorable for direct confrontations. Upon throwing, it sheaths itself in an energy field, allowing it to hit a target and weaken their molecular structure. In essence, it will weaken anything it hits. Not only that, the sheath itself acts as a geomagnetic field. Whatever you throw it at, it's going to hit it with proficient accuracy unless something knocks it out of the air, as long you can have line of sight. Dodging this weapon would be a nightmare, even as weak as it is."

Velika pulls out a thick metal cylinder with a metal ring, a button, and antenna. "This is a Containment Unit for a biomechanical frog. Not useful? Do not worry. It can spew plasma from its mouth. Most notably, it can also produce high frequency radiation that can burn enemies' skin off. This thing was designed to be a novelty anyways, so to keep in such, I did not upgrade it as much as I could have. I could have given the frog a gun. Or a pineapple. But I did not."

Fiddling with his desk, he pulls out a small knife, "This is the Gauss Dagger. Striking an enemy electrifies them, and hitting them twice causes them to be surrounded in magnetic flux, consistently damaging them over time. However, I found this to be quite too simple, so I added a second mode to it. See the switch on the hilt? Activate it, and it will emits a thin, clipped beam of blue light. The intensity of this light can cut through steel, in fact. Do know, it drains the power on this dagger faster than any flashlight would. The uses of a Sea Prism are astounding, especially in something such as this."

Velika finally takes out a smaller gun, similar to the Pulse Pistol, but bulkier. "This is a Taser. Of course. Shoot it at someone, a metal hook will be fired at them and they will be electrocuted. Simple, yes? You have two settings, stun or kill. You know what they are meant to do. It also comes with a laser mode, which fires an electroshock beam capable of stunning or killing targets. I will admit, it is more of a laser assisted electricity bolt weapon, not a laser weapon, but it is just as effective for being a Taser, yeah?"

Velika leans back on the fabrication bench he's been using, leaving the weapons on it, "Either way, those are the weapons from the schematics Draedon first gave me, with my modifications, innovations, and improvisations. The second schematic I found here requires more resources, but to outsource Vesuva or Codspeace is not something I am interested in. I'd prefer to not to waste my people's time."

Velika gestures to the weapons, "You can take all these weapons, if you need to. One other thing though, these weapons are biocoded to your ID and genetic material. In other words, only you can use them properly. I'm not going to let my weapons be left in the wrong hands just because someone wants a try."

Back
Top Bottom