OOC Black, Tainted Calamity (OOC Thread)

Habits die hard, eh?
Well, I'll leave you to it.

Also, reminds me, the rewind to revive the RP is going back to sometime after the Desert Scourge's defeat.
oh god that reminds me one of my character's just now has a chillin pet aquatic scourge oh god
So you'll probably be able to introduce him then more easily. Maybe. We'll see when it happens.

We work off of permission to kill, so presumably not, since what's the point of permission to kill if we can come back?

So unless your character specifically has that or an equivalent to that as one of their abilities for whatever reason, don't assume you can respawn.

Respawning makes death an inconvenience at best. Having no respawn at least promotes more smarter actions, and not just throwing bodies at the problem until done.

Just a comment, if you purposefully just do something that would get you killed immediately, don't expect permission to kill to save you. Jumping into Providence's anti-healing flames repeatedly just to boast about plot armor will kill you. Just as sitting in lava without fire protection would. Permission to kill has its own limits before it becomes a 'bruh we're not dealing with this bull'.

Last edited:
Oh, that was from the original storyline of the RP. This RP went through one reset, where it became from fighting or siding with Yharim directly to a more normal Calamity playthrough so it kinda became derped errata.
That said, there haven't been too much say on that, so we'd have to ask Glitchy about that later.
True... What I'm thinking to that extent is that you can be very strong still, but the closer to god-like you are, the less you can actually do anything with that character until the non-god characters catch up with you (kind of like how you can't fight SCal until you kill the weaker bosses first).

Imagine being a noob
skill issue

regardless of that
The Draedon Update actually makes it possible to bypass most stuff already. You can fight Supreme Calamitas right after DoG, and you can fight Yharon right after Moon Lord and Bumbleb- I mean Dragonfolly.

Imagine being a noob
skill issue

regardless of that
The Draedon Update actually makes it possible to bypass most stuff already. You can fight Supreme Calamitas right after DoG, and you can fight Yharon right after Moon Lord and Bumbleb- I mean Dragonfolly.
Hmmm... If we're playing this more like a playthrough, then that would be bad. And we are. Although, I don't dislike the idea of at least meeting Yharon that quickly in the RP. It'd be a nice "character introduction" scene, so to speak. And the whole SCal thing? That's kind of a pain, but it could be worse.

It's either that or get rid of the whole "capability of being a god" thing as a whole, though. What do you propose?

Hmmm... If we're playing this more like a playthrough, then that would be bad. And we are. Although, I don't dislike the idea of at least meeting Yharon that quickly in the RP. It'd be a nice "character introduction" scene, so to speak. And the whole SCal thing? That's kind of a pain, but it could be worse.

It's either that or get rid of the whole "capability of being a god" thing as a whole, though. What do you propose?
Just because you can doesn’t mean you have to.

By the way, for those that don't randomly read through random rps while bored, I posted a sprite in collision a while ago for the sword of air Esther has, and I'll post it here so nobody has to go look for it. Also, Esther's staff is supposed to be a post-plantera upgrade for the diamond staff, but until we beat plant boi in the rp it'll be just a normal diamond staff here.
Tempest Cutter.png

Anyway, here goes... I'mma mass ping people xD

If this irritates someone, then that's too bad. I'm doing it anyway though. I won't bother to ping anyone that's pre-Reset 1 though-

Back
Top Bottom