OOC Black, Tainted Calamity (OOC Thread)

You guessed correctly to an extent, although you may also have a custom weapon, as evidenced by our discussion about Terra's axe previously. Of course, as always, it would require approval.

cool, thats all the questions I need to know

Now I need to wonder what to go with out of the musket or undertaker to go with since despite being pre boss, the minishark can be a bit overpowered if obtained prior to any bosses
and usually I don't get it till after the EOC ingame

it would require approval.
I'll probably need a reminder to explain what the diamond spectregem staff does once we're post-plantera, in that case, because even though I can remember the most random rp things, important stuff is stuff I tend to forget a lot...

I'll try my best to not forget, and when I do explain what it does I'll likely include a video I made that shows it off (Which I'll probably remake once I have the other staves coded in as well because yeah that's something I should do-)...

should I roll a dice/number on if my character should have a musket or undertaker? (or is there 1 one world evil as opposed to 2)

edit: long story short, is there corruption or crimson in the world...? (or do both exist)

Last edited:
Incredible problems with the abilities. First and foremost, on a lore standpoint, DoG has too much ego to be friends with anyone, as even with his sentinels he has legit no friends, only a respect for each other, as seen with Signus. The only people who have been able to get past DoG's ego was Draedon and Yharim, Draedon due to his creations, and Yharim because Yharim canonically can kill the DoG with a single hit made apparent by both the developers words and implied with the lore item stating he would dispose of the DoG if he got too troublesome. On a gameplay/roleplay standpoint, I can see possible abuse in the system using DoG for your own purposes to eat other bosses and so forth. It both breaks lore and possibly the gameplay, which is why I'd say no to that.

Second, the whole bypass the abyss completely negates the point of the abyss's mechanics which were designed to stop players from just teleporting or waterbreathing potion down there with no problem, which this ability would basically waterbreathing potion your way down there, which is why I'll say no to that as well.

Early pre-hardmode armors, mainly the normal metals at most. You can bring in custom armor also but that requires approval.
The only thing I'll say is that the Adult Eildolon Wyrm is now a Superboss that acts like the Dungeon Guardian, so while I agree with your statement, it's not like having that ability will do anything than get your character instantly snuffed out from the world of BTC xD
should I roll a dice/number on if my character should have a musket or undertaker? (or is there 1 one world evil as opposed to 2)

edit: long story short, is there corruption or crimson in the world...? (or do both exist)
If you want to

We haven't gotten around to deciding that yet, have we...? I personally prefer Crimson in vanilla, but I LOVE the Hive Mind in Calamity... Let me reflect on this-

We can just go for a drunk world and say that this takes place in the future when 1.4 tmod is out-
So I'm gonna be going to the corruption in Floralis for nothing in that case?
Well Floralis is in expert not rev mode

Maybe a modified Drunk Seed, since this is an RP it doesn't really matter if we bend the rules a little bit and say that there are two evil Biomes without the weird drunken seed effects-

actually by next post, I mean editing this.

I got a odd number (69 to be specific), so undertaker.

A: Name: Max Apatow (Prefers to go by Nova though as a nickname, the reason being just in case someone else already
has a character named Max)

B: Appearance:
ya.png

C: Abilities: Compared to the average person, he is a bit agile.

D: Strengths: He is good at wielding a gun and considering the above, he can manage well at parkour

E: Weaknesses: He struggles at using any magic weapon and also pretty weak in terms of brute strength

F: Personality: He is shown to be a nice and caring guy with a heart for adventure, it is easy to get along with him, however deep down, he has a pure hatred for
demons (because unshown backstory reasons I may tell later on in the rp)

Extra: stated prior the edit, He has a undertaker as a weapon (as of making this)

Last edited:
RazorBlade said:
actually by next post, I mean editing this.

I got a odd number (69 to be specific), so undertaker.

A: Name: Max Apatow (Prefers to go by Nova though as a nickname, the reason being just in case someone else already
has a character named Max)

B: Appearance: View attachment 356697

C: Abilities: Compared to the average person, he is a bit agile.

D: Strengths: He is good at wielding a gun and considering the above, he can manage well at parkour

E: Weaknesses: He struggles at using any magic weapon and also pretty weak in terms of brute strength

F: Personality: He is shown to be a nice and caring guy with a heart for adventure, it is easy to get along with him, however deep down, he has a pure hatred for
demons (because unshown backstory reasons I may tell later on in the rp)

Extra: stated prior the edit, He has a undertaker as a weapon (as of making this)
No problems I can see, accepted.

Incredible problems with the abilities. First and foremost, on a lore standpoint, DoG has too much ego to be friends with anyone, as even with his sentinels he has legit no friends, only a respect for each other, as seen with Signus. The only people who have been able to get past DoG's ego was Draedon and Yharim, Draedon due to his creations, and Yharim because Yharim canonically can kill the DoG with a single hit made apparent by both the developers words and implied with the lore item stating he would dispose of the DoG if he got too troublesome. On a gameplay/roleplay standpoint, I can see possible abuse in the system using DoG for your own purposes to eat other bosses and so forth. It both breaks lore and possibly the gameplay, which is why I'd say no to that.

Second, the whole bypass the abyss completely negates the point of the abyss's mechanics which were designed to stop players from just teleporting or waterbreathing potion down there with no problem, which this ability would basically waterbreathing potion your way down there, which is why I'll say no to that as well.

Early pre-hardmode armors, mainly the normal metals at most. You can bring in custom armor also but that requires approval.
Well how about after DoG is beaten, she can communicate with him, how ’bout that. Also, I guess she could just have a slightly longer breath span, maybe 1.5x normal or smth

I don't know where to start and if I am going to be real, not sure what progression has been done so far (have any bosses been killed..?)

The most recent lore has the DoG die for real in his boss battle. The fact he does die in canon is made more apparent by his lore item, where Yharim comments that he would have killed the DoG himself if they grew strong enough to threaten him, as in if they did not meet the players and fought, which further implies the DoG dies for real in the fight. So DoG cannot be communicated after his boss fight, since he dies. Similarly, his personality, being egotistical as it is, would make him too prideful to flee the fight, and probably die in the fight anyways.

Back
Top Bottom