Weapons & Equip Blade Ring

Lukaerd

Terrarian
Hello!
Here's a little something something, for those who don't want to use toys on combat.
Sketch23012279.png

Blade Ring
"Forged from the blades of many heroes."
+20% Increased sword damage. (Doesn't affect weapon beams).
+5% Sword size.

Drops:
3.5% Drop chance from Armored Skeletons.
6% Drop chance from Blue & Rusty Armored Bones.

Crafting:
Blade Ring + Shark Tooth Necklace = Necklace of Blades.

Sketch29605056.png

Swordsman's Necklace
"Necklace of Masters of
Swordsmanship"
+20% Sword Damage. (Doesn't affect weapon beam).
+15 Sword's Armor Penetration.
+8% Sword Size.

(I'm really sorry about this, but armor penetration doesn't ignore a percentage of defense, it ignores a fixed amount of defense points, so I edited it, I'm terribly sorry).

This is a little idea I had a while ago, it's just because I don't want swords to be outclassed by fricking toys.

This ring or the necklace might be fundamental for a sword-only playthrough as Plantera is nigh impossible to kill with just swords.

Thanks for reading!
Thanks for the people suggesting:
-shobiwan77
-Battle Bee
-Haku
-WilliamD

Last edited:
Im a mele class myself but when it comes to the twins, plantera or even the golem i need to be a mage or a ranger class so i think this would really be useful AF for a mele only playthrough allthough you should probably have it a bit more rare 8% and 10% is a pretty good chance of geting it from your first skeleton and it would be OP in early game...
But all in all i support it!!:D

Im a mele class myself but when it comes to the twins, plantera or even the golem i need to be a mage or a ranger class so i think this would really be useful AF for a mele only playthrough allthough you should probably have it a bit more rare 8% and 10% is a pretty good chance of geting it from your first skeleton and it would be OP in early game...
But all in all i support it!!:D
Yeah I'll change that, I'm just really unlucky with drops.

Here are some changes I suggest:

-Sword armor penetration goes from 15% to 10% or 5% (mainly because the Shark Tooth Necklace only ignores five value points or percent of the enemies defense).

-Sword size from 8% to 5% (Main reason for this is that most statistic increasing accessories, when combined into one accessory, usually lose some of their values or don't increase in strength, just combining the abilities of all. Take Avenger Emblem for example).

Overall, it is a nice little suggestion. Would support.

I like it. The idea is pretty good and the pictures look great. Of course, they couldn't look that detailed in-game, but they still look good here.

The only problem I have with it is that the Swordsman's Necklace gives +15% armor penetration. It should just stay at +5. Having it at a fixed number keeps it balanced going into late game, preventing it from becoming to powerful.

I like it. The idea is pretty good and the pictures look great. Of course, they couldn't look that detailed in-game, but they still look good here.

The only problem I have with it is that the Swordsman's Necklace gives +15% armor penetration. It should just stay at +5. Having it at a fixed number keeps it balanced going into late game, preventing it from becoming to powerful.

I'm sorry! I just edited the post, now it's more balanced! thanks for your comment!

I like the idea :3
One thing i would suggest is to make it so projectile damage isnt buffed (e.g. for true nights edge, it shoots out a green projectile, and people stop using it like a sword, but like a gun).

5 armour penetration is only 2 or 3 more damage. That's nothing. I'd recommend 12 penetration - 6 damage is not too much, but not too little.

Last edited:
5 armour penetration is only 2 or 3 more damage. That's nothing. I'd recommend 12 penetration - 6 damage is not too much, but not too little.
But the thing is that I don't know how armor penetration works exactly. I believe it's some thing like this:.
(Def - Armor Pen. = Resulting Def.)
Therefore...
(20 def - 5 Pen = 15 Resulting Def.)

If it had 15 pen. Then you could stack armor pen with sharktooth (+8) and the sharpening station (+4) to completely negate the twins' defense which is 20 with 27 armor pen.

That could be op, I dunno. But I appreciate your concern! Thanks!
[doublepost=1501448543,1501448357][/doublepost]
I like the idea :3
One thing i would suggest is to make it so projectile damage isn't buffed (e.g. for true nights edge, it shoots out a green projectile, and people stop using it like a sword, but like a gun).
I don't know if that would work, because sword damage might be coded so that it's always equivalent to the weapon damage.
I don't know, but I'll definitely put that in, Thanks!

But the thing is that I don't know how armor penetration works exactly. I believe it's some thing like this:.
(Def - Armor Pen. = Resulting Def.)
Therefore...
(20 def - 5 Pen = 15 Resulting Def.)

If it had 15 pen. Then you could stack armor pen with sharktooth (+8) and the sharpening station (+4) to completely negate the twins' defense which is 20 with 27 armor pen.

That could be op, I dunno. But I appreciate your concern! Thanks!

Armour penetration is almost exactly the same thing as a fixed damage buff, just in a fancy coat of paint.

Ichor (-20 defense) will cause you to take 10 more damage, because n defense prevents n/2 damage.
So if you take away 27 defense, that's 13-14 extra damage.

Interestingly, Green Slimes (0 defense) will also take more damage if you hit them with ichor. Even though they have no armour to be penetrated in the first place. So it might actually just be a damage buff.

Armour penetration is almost exactly the same thing as a fixed damage buff, just in a fancy coat of paint.

Ichor (-20 defense) will cause you to take 10 more damage, because n defense prevents n/2 damage.
So if you take away 27 defense, that's 13-14 extra damage.

Interestingly, Green Slimes (0 defense) will also take more damage if you hit them with ichor. Even though they have no armour to be penetrated in the first place. So it might actually just be a damage buff.
Ah, I see, Thanks for letting me know! Real thanks man!

Back
Top Bottom