Weapons & Equip Blades of Life, Death and Flesh

LoM2

Retinazer
I'm back! I was too lazy to do anything. But I've had this on my mind for a bit and finally decided to remind myself how bad I am at spriting anything that's not a sword and here we are.

I basically designed a melee weapon for each of the three currently implemented evils, meant to complement the three spellbooks.

Edit: Thanks to @Pinelord for the amazing sprites!
The Glaive of Blaze
index.php

Crafting:
Clinger_Staff.png

Damage: 30
Speed: 24
KB: 1
- DOES NOT INFLICT CURSED INFERNO (Normally) -
Special Effects:
A) Functions as both a sword and a spear. Left click swings it like a sword, right click stabs like a spear.
B) If it hits an enemy already inflicted with cursed inferno, it refreshes the duration of the debuff and also creates a small explosion, setting any nearby enemies ablaze.

Ichorical BattleAxe
index.php

Crafting:
Life_Drain.png

Damage: 40
Speed: 30
KB: 3
- DOES NOT INFLICT ICHOR (Normally) -
Special Effects:
A) KB will increase based on how little defense the enemy has.
B) If it hits an enemy already imbued with Ichor, it will automatically deal a critical hit AND ignore defense. Defense ignore will not work on bosses/the dungeon guardian. HOWEVER, this will remove Ichor from the enemy. (Also, due to effect A, the defense ignore will cause the enemy to receive maximum KB)

Crystalized Sawblade
index.php

Crystal_Vile_Shard.png

Damage: 20
Speed: 15

First of all, before we get into special effects:
This thing should inflict Bleeding on hit. (30s)
now does base 1 damage per second.

Special Effects:
A) Any hit on a monster already inflicted with Bleeding will raise the DPS of the Bleeding effect by 1 (and refresh the duration of the effect.) The max DPS Bleeding can obtain will be 20. When Bleeding goes above 10 DPS, the duration is doubled. When it reaches 20 DPS, the duration is doubled again (i.e 2 minutes.)

That's a wrap. All feedback is appreciated (etc).

EDIT: Alright, this has been bugging me for a while now so I finally went and redid the recipes to make them less erratic. By which I mean I just replaced all the weapons with the new staffs, because it is seriously difficult to fit corrupt/hallow themed items onto the same tier without crafting an entirely new ore/bar/etc.

Last edited:
The special effects on this are something I have not seen before, that is a really good thing. The weapons seem interesting enough that I will be happy to use them. Basically I am in support of these weapons.

The debuff that escalates to 20 DPS seems really cool to use.

I'm assuming these are mid-early hardmode.

I'd really love to use the Ichorical Baxe on an Ichored Snow Flinx. Whew, that baby would fly! :p

I hate this sprite the least.
You should probably remove this message now that you replaced all the sprites. It sends the wrong message.

Since I'm taking up a post anyway I'll say that sprites like that are the reason I go with Pinelord so often.
[DOUBLEPOST=1432420710,1432420398][/DOUBLEPOST]
And if someone could make sprites that are not horrible, that would be great.
Oh sorry for the double post, I just saw the worse one. So that crystal sawblade only really does damage with the DoT? That damage seems low.

Oh sorry for the double post, I just saw the worse one. So that crystal sawblade only really does damage with the DoT? That damage seems low.
It has a lower use time than the others. The DPS averages out to be roughly the same (80 DPS for the Sawblade and the Battlehammer, 75 for the Glaive.)

It has a lower use time than the others. The DPS averages out to be roughly the same (80 DPS for the Sawblade and the Battlehammer, 75 for the Glaive.)
Against unarmored targets it would be about even. Wait a minute, I don't want to try arguing with you. I'll lose. In any case if the developers decide to add something they can adjust the stats as they see fit.

I really like the concepts of these, but I feel like they should be post mech, so you don't just upgrade them almost as soon as you get them. More for the Corruption and Hallowed weapons than the crimson. Also, you say these are mech tier, yet Excalibur is required, which required a mech to be defeated already. That being said the ingredients are sort of all over the place, The Flesh grinder being a tool rather than a weapon, and obtained after your second boss. The Dark Lance is late pre-hardmode/ By the time you get it, you'd be preparing to enter hardmode. I think at least the souls used to craft these should be mech souls and make them all obtainable at the same time, but not too soon.

I'm back! I was too lazy to do anything. But I've had this on my mind for a bit and finally decided to remind myself how bad I am at spriting anything that's not a sword and here we are.

I basically designed a melee weapon for each of the three currently implemented evils, meant to complement the three spellbooks.

Edit: Thanks to @Pinelord for the amazing sprites!
The Glaive of Blaze
index.php

Crafting:
x 1 (In retrospect, I probably should have made the Crimson weapon a Glaive, so I could have just used a Rotted Fork in the recipe. Oh well.)

Damage: 30
Speed: 24
- DOES NOT INFLICT CURSED INFERNO (Normally) -
Special Effects:
A) Functions as both a sword and a spear. Left click swings it like a sword, right click stabs like a spear.
B) If it hits an enemy already inflicted with cursed inferno, it refreshes the duration of the debuff and also creates a small explosion, setting any nearby enemies ablaze.

Ichorical BattleAxe
index.php

Crafting:

Damage: 40
Speed: 30
KB: 3
- DOES NOT INFLICT ICHOR (Normally) -
Special Effects:
A) KB will increase based on how little defense the enemy has.
B) If it hits an enemy already imbued with Ichor, it will automatically deal a critical hit AND ignore defense. Defense ignore will not work on bosses/the dungeon guardian. HOWEVER, this will remove Ichor from the enemy. (Also, due to effect A, the defense ignore will cause the enemy to receive maximum KB)

Crystalized Sawblade
index.php

Damage: 20
Speed: 15

First of all, before we get into special effects:
This thing should inflict Bleeding on hit. (30s)
now does base 1 damage per second.

Special Effects:
A) Any hit on a monster already inflicted with Bleeding will raise the DPS of the Bleeding effect by 1 (and refresh the duration of the effect.) The max DPS Bleeding can obtain will be 20. When Bleeding goes above 10 DPS, the duration is doubled. When it reaches 20 DPS, the duration is doubled again (i.e 2 minutes.)

That's a wrap. All feedback is appreciated (etc).
Why does the Ichoric BattleAxe require a flesh grinder? The flesh grinder is a hammer

Nah, totally evil. Just because everything looks like a fairy tale doesn't mean it's good for you. Everything that lives there wants to kill you with no hesitation or provocation.
That's because they see you as evil, not as evil as the corruption but evil enough to kill.

That's because they see you as evil, not as evil as the corruption but evil enough to kill.
Just because it's called light does not mean it's the good side, and just because it's dark does not mean that it is the bad side. One is pink and colorful and the other is simply dark. Either can be evil. From what I know, pixies and fairies would :red: your :red: up if you messed with them in old mythology and gastropods are the spawn of Satan.

Just because it's called light does not mean it's the good side, and just because it's dark does not mean that it is the bad side. One is pink and colorful and the other is simply dark. Either can be evil. From what I know, pixies and fairies would :red: your :red: up if you messed with them in old mythology and gastropods are the spawn of Satan.
Eh, it doesn't matter. Flamethrower kills 'em all the same.

Back
Top Bottom