Weapons & Equip Blades of Life, Death and Flesh

I definitely enjoyed the concepts in your suggestion OP, it would be pretty neat to see how the hallowed weapon would hold up in general play since i'm a huge fan of DoT effects because of all of the games that i've played over the years.

I really hope that the devs give your ideas some genuine consideration :)

Using all caps does not make your point true- If you can provide any legitimate reason the Hallow isn't as evil as, say, the Corruption, I'd love to hear it.

Certainly. The corruption will destroy your jungle, but the hallow will not, unless it's in the initial hardmode change. Npcs can live in the hallow. The dryad helps you on your way. The dryad supports the hallow. Some Npcs give special items in the hallow. The hallow is more useful overall, and post-mech it's not really a problem. Also the rod of discord is better than any hardmode corruption or crimson item. Maybe the hallow attacks you out of misunderstandment, or territorial protection. The focus of otherworld is destroying the corruption. Unicorns and pixies and chaos elementals only hit you when you touch them. Gastrpods are pretty evil, but they only come out at night, so maybe they're not from the hallow and try to blend in. There are no Hallow bosses.

I love the way the sprites look, and the effects are cool, but dang, the damage is really, really low. I mean, 20 damage on a weapon that's supposed to be an upgrade to Excalibur, a weapon that does 57 base damage? that seems pretty underpowered if you ask me. you should boost the damage, because that weapon is outclassed by prehardmode swords, and that's not a good thing.

I love the way the sprites look, and the effects are cool, but dang, the damage is really, really low. I mean, 20 damage on a weapon that's supposed to be an upgrade to Excalibur, a weapon that does 57 base damage? that seems pretty underpowered if you ask me. you should boost the damage, because that weapon is outclassed by prehardmode swords, and that's not a good thing.
I built these fundamentally around stacking and exploiting debuffs- if you use them like normal swords/etc then you won't be able to achieve the damage done by similar tier weapons but taking advantage of the weapons' individual features should allow for a higher damage output than the alternative.

Or not, I haven't actually checked the numbers. I'll have to get back to that when I have the time.

I built these fundamentally around stacking and exploiting debuffs- if you use them like normal swords/etc then you won't be able to achieve the damage done by similar tier weapons but taking advantage of the weapons' individual features should allow for a higher damage output than the alternative.

Or not, I haven't actually checked the numbers. I'll have to get back to that when I have the time.
some people don't know how to fully exploit deubuffs, and will most likely make the sword because it looks cool.

How many enemies would you be able to get a significant debuff DPS against before the Excalibur would kill them beforehand?

Certainly. The corruption will destroy your jungle, but the hallow will not, unless it's in the initial hardmode change. Npcs can live in the hallow. The dryad helps you on your way. The dryad supports the hallow. Some Npcs give special items in the hallow. The hallow is more useful overall, and post-mech it's not really a problem. Also the rod of discord is better than any hardmode corruption or crimson item. Maybe the hallow attacks you out of misunderstandment, or territorial protection. The focus of otherworld is destroying the corruption. Unicorns and pixies and chaos elementals only hit you when you touch them. Gastrpods are pretty evil, but they only come out at night, so maybe they're not from the hallow and try to blend in. There are no Hallow bosses.
Meant to respond a while ago and it kind of escaped my mind.
A) Hallow is arguably the biome of illusion- therefore it appears good to NPCs and etc. This argument I really don't like but, moving on.
B) Dryad is not necessarily good- just because someone helps you does not make their cause just. See... basically every movie/show/book/game that has someone betray you. Could argue that dryad is only helping you to further their own goals but that falls too much into the realm of speculation.
C) Utility is not a measure of goodness, unless you're Bentham.
D) Self-defense isn't justification, especially as I haven't technically done anything to them until they attack me. Certainly doesn't make them 'good'.
E) Otherworld isn't released yet and is technically not part of terraria as it exists today. Also, the corruption being evil does not mean the hallow is good.
F) That's applicable to a lot of enemies in the game, including some corruption/crimson ones. Also, they actively target you.
G) Lack of a boss really isn't a valid argument here- the ocean has a boss and it's kind of hard to say the ocean is innately evil, don't really see why it works in reverse.

Aw, fine. Difference of opinion and all.
But most of yours just said that why my points may not be true, not why they're absolutely wrong, with a counter-attack. Also I doubt Cenx is gonna be all like: "PSYCH! DRYADS DA NEW FINAL BOSS! SHE LIED TO YOU! BETRAYALZ!!! PLOT TWIST!!1110ne!11!". Although having a dryad final boss does sound kind of cool...
But this is off topic, we should make a poll/debate thread. If I made a hallow boss I'd probably make it spawn when you attack something harmless and defenseless.

Aw, fine. Difference of opinion and all.
But most of yours just said that why my points may not be true, not why they're absolutely wrong, with a counter-attack. Also I doubt Cenx is gonna be all like: "PSYCH! DRYADS DA NEW FINAL BOSS! SHE LIED TO YOU! BETRAYALZ!!! PLOT TWIST!!1110ne!11!". Although having a dryad final boss does sound kind of cool...
But this is off topic, we should make a poll/debate thread. If I made a hallow boss I'd probably make it spawn when you attack something harmless and defenseless.
There a'int exactly anything defenseless nor harmless in the Hallow. Besides, this is about three weapons. We've gone offtopic.

There a'int exactly anything defenseless nor harmless in the Hallow. Besides, this is about three weapons. We've gone offtopic.
That's why I said someone should make a poll/debate thread. And I would probably add something that would pop up on the Life-form analyzer and would spawn rarely.
Also it should be catchable so you can kill it later if you need to.

Brilliant!!
[DOUBLEPOST=1452781800,1452781703][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nah, totally evil. Just because everything looks like a fairy tale doesn't mean it's good for you. Everything that lives there wants to kill you with no hesitation or provocation.
They hate you. But remember, the Dryad congratulates you if you have more Hallow than Corruption. And in an all-Hallow worlds, Wraiths can't spawn. No wraiths flying into houses and murdering NPCS = happy me

Brilliant!!
[DOUBLEPOST=1452781800,1452781703][/DOUBLEPOST]
They hate you. But remember, the Dryad congratulates you if you have more Hallow than Corruption. And in an all-Hallow worlds, Wraiths can't spawn. No wraiths flying into houses and murdering NPCS = happy me
Wraiths are easy. The real nightmares are gastropods, which live in the Hallow. An all Hallow bloodmoon is terrible.

Wraiths are easy. The real nightmares are gastropods, which live in the Hallow. An all Hallow bloodmoon is terrible.
They can't go through walls, at least in Mobile version where I play most. And with anything mage class, gastropods are laughably easy.

They can't go through walls, at least in Mobile version where I play most. And with anything mage class, gastropods are laughably easy.
I have nightmares when I think of them from back in 1.1. Oh god the horrors. We didn't know how to respond to the threat! We tried to do something about the corruption using the hallow and it made things far worse than we could have ever imagined! THEY WERE EVERYWHERE. I don't know why, but I have the worst luck when it comes to bloodmoons. They just happen all the time. Now I hallow proof all my houses to make sure nothing from the hallow could ever get in.

Back
Top Bottom