tModLoader Blasts Mod [Early Development]

What should be developed next and included in the 10k Downloads update?

• New Weapons

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • New Bosses

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Music

• Better Sprites

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • A more developed story

• Total voters
icon.png

Blasts Mod
Greetings, and welcome to the only Terraria mod where Blast related content is seen, The "creatively" named Blasts Mod, a work in progress mod that has hopes of making your game just a tad bit more exciting. It is a content pack containing Items, NPCs, Bosses, Armors, Accessories, Weapons, and more! However, due to the early state of the mod, some sets are currently unfinished and sprites rudimentary.
Why get the Blasts Mod?
As of v0.1.9.706112 it has:
  • 80+ Items!
  • 1 armor set!​
  • 25 hostile non-boss enemies!​
  • 5 new tiles!​
  • 1 Town NPC!​
  • 3 Bosses!​
  • Custom music for this mod's bosses!​
  • And, uh... Sloos...​
As such, this content will slowly grow into a more fledged out mod. If you want to stick around to see it grow, be my guest! The mod is currently available trough the most recent version of TModloader!

Bars and Ores
ErothiumIngot.png
Erothium

The purple pre-hardmode ore you can find after you defeat Skeletron, dropped by certain purple enemies. it consists of weaponry useful for beating the Wall of Flesh, and has a few tricks of it's own, like the Cavern Blade and Eroshiv's ability to fire clones!
Erothium ore ad.png

HexaniteBar.png
Hexanite

The star of the Ionic Update and the bar you get after you defeat the Hexanite Guardian Clone. This bar is made into weapons and armor that can inflict the Ionic Burn, a debuff that increases it's potency when you or your enemies are underwater. It's armor effects are geared towards a defensive playstyle for all classes!
Hexanite Ore Ad.png

InspiraniteIngot.png
Inspiranite

Metal of the Blasts. This metal is most prominent outside of Terraria of the Blasts universe, and a metal you can encounter after Plantera's defeat. It is used similarly to Hallowed Bars, and is dropped by many and crafted into many things. In my personal opinion, I like the color scheme of the weapons the most.
Inspiranite Ore Ad.png

ReinforcedInspiraniteBar.png
Reinforced Inspiranite

After you defeat the Destroyer Ant, you will now be able to obtain these. As a more refined version of Inspiranite, these bars are used in making upgraded weaponry from the original Inspiranite weapons. Unfortunately, these do not have as many weapons put into them... YET.
Reinforced Inspiranite Ad.png

BinaryStarH_Head_Boss.png
Upcoming Content (The 10k download update!)
BinaryStarCo_Head_Boss.png

Note: Some content are now being moved into a second update due to time constraints, like armor and the biome
1 New Boss: Binary Stars
2 New armor Sets: Inspiranite and Erothium
A new Biome: The Cybervirus
A new Town NPC: Agent
Many New Items!
New Music!
Sprite reworks and weapon balance!
New potions!
And even More!

Authors and helpers for the mod
Programmers
Operation Blastflight

Sprites
Operation Blastflight
Blastbomb Studios

Music
Operation Blastflight

And thats that! Hope you guys have fun with the mod! Have any issues or problems with the mod? Notify me! Want to help support or develop the mod? Just Ask! Alright, have fun!
105600_20200320141630_1.png
105600_20200320143455_1.png

105600_20200320155916_1.png

Last edited:
View attachment 246780
Blasts Mod
Greetings, and welcome to the only Terraria mod where Blast related content is seen, The "creatively" named Blasts Mod, a work in progress mod that has hopes of making your game just a tad bit more exciting. It is a content pack containing Items, NPCs, Bosses, Armors, Accessories, Weapons, and more! However, due to the early state of the mod, some sets are currently unfinished and sprites rudimentary.
Why get the Blasts Mod?
As of v0.1.9.706112 it has:
  • 80+ Items!
  • 1 armor set!​
  • 25 hostile non-boss enemies!​
  • 5 new tiles!​
  • 1 Town NPC!​
  • 2 Bosses!​
  • Custom music for this mod's bosses!​
  • And, uh... Sloos...​
As such, this content will slowly grow into a more fledged out mod. If you want to stick around to see it grow, be my guest! The mod is currently available trough the most recent version of TModloader!

Bars and Ores
View attachment 247226Erothium

The purple pre-hardmode ore you can find after you defeat Skeletron, dropped by certain purple enemies. it consists of weaponry useful for beating the Wall of Flesh, and has a few tricks of it's own, like the Cavern Blade and Eroshiv's ability to fire clones!
View attachment 247245

View attachment 247246
Hexanite

The star of the Ionic Update and the bar you get after you defeat the Hexanite Guardian Clone. This bar is made into weapons and armor that can inflict the Ionic Burn, a debuff that increases it's potency when you or your enemies are underwater. It's armor effects are geared towards a defensive playstyle for all classes!
View attachment 247286

View attachment 247287Inspiranite

Metal of the Blasts. This metal is most prominent outside of Terraria of the Blasts universe, and a metal you can encounter after Plantera's defeat. It is used similarly to Hallowed Bars, and is dropped by many and crafted into many things. In my personal opinion, I like the color scheme of the weapons the most.
View attachment 247306

View attachment 247302Reinforced Inspiranite

After you defeat the Destroyer Ant, you will now be able to obtain these. As a more refined version of Inspiranite, these bars are used in making upgraded weaponry from the original Inspiranite weapons. Unfortunately, these do not have as many weapons put into them... YET.
View attachment 247313

View attachment 246812Upcoming Content (The 10k download update!)View attachment 246813
1 New Boss: Binary Stars
2 New armor Sets: Inspiranite and Erothium
A new Biome: The Cybervirus
A new Town NPC: Agent
Many New Items!
New Music!
Sprite reworks and weapon balance!
New potions!
And even More!

Authors and helpers for the mod
Programmers
Operation Blastflight

Sprites
Operation Blastflight
Blastbomb Studios

Music
Operation Blastflight

And thats that! Hope you guys have fun with the mod! Have any issues or problems with the mod? Notify me! Want to help support or develop the mod? Just Ask! Alright, have fun!
View attachment 247165View attachment 247184

View attachment 247219
Hello There

Ooh, I have been quoted.
It be done, what do you think?
The screenshots be quality! Clear effort was taken. The sprites are all well done but extremely flat, color-wise. I might go back and revisit each one of them and shade them with far more colors. Not to make them colorful, specifically, but to add more individual variations of the color schemes that are already there so it looks less flat and more 3D.

I know that when I personally go into a new content mod, for some reason I tend to shoot directly towards any new accessories (Quality of life, baby. Yum.) and any new Town NPCs. What's the haps on that?

Ooh, I have been quoted.
The screenshots be quality! Clear effort was taken. The sprites are all well done but extremely flat, color-wise. I might go back and revisit each one of them and shade them with far more colors. Not to make them colorful, specifically, but to add more individual variations of the color schemes that are already there so it looks less flat and more 3D.

I know that when I personally go into a new content mod, for some reason I tend to shoot directly towards any new accessories (Quality of life, baby. Yum.) and any new Town NPCs. What's the haps on that?
Basically, there is only one accessory and Town NPC as of right now. The armors were a gateway for the accessories, and I should probably update the "upcoming features" tab for the introduction of multiple new accessories. I waited this long because I only want to make unique and complex accessories that impact the user's experience in unique ways. As such, the Hexanite armor, at least the special buff and effects that happen when under half health, is more unique than other weapons in the mod, besides Heal Nova. I recognize the sprites look very flat, and that's my fault. I have not been that great at coloring, and the reworks are already under way. Some Hexanite sprites looked lime green, violating the color scheme. It's also miscommunication and limitation from Blastbomb Studios sprites, being unable to mesh well with the scheme. Hexanite is also the issue of that, as he sprited several things in that. Ill try to focus on making my sprites less MS-Painty. Thanks for responding! By the way, the reason there's one Town NPC, the Soldier, is mostly because separately spriting 30 frames is going to cause me brain damage, unless there's a tool for that.

Back
Top Bottom