Game Mechanics Bleeding is Terrible. Let's Fix that.

All your poll choices are belong to us!

• What you say !!

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Sounds nice. I like!

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • It's cool, but I have an idea for how to improve it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eh.

• It's not great, but you can fix it, and I can help!

• Sound :red:e. I dislike!

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Scironex

The Destroyer
SzGamer227 said:
Bleeding is terrible.
Or something like that. (Seriously though, check that out. I don't agree with the changes, but it's well thought out.)
Scironex said:
(In his head) I wish there were more support items.

Here's a solution to both problems. Bleeding will still negate regen, however, when a Bleeding enemy (Or player, for that matter.) dies, it will drop a loads of hearts. Specifically, this was the formula I was thinking of:
Les Maths said:
2^y = (x + 20)/20

Those of you who don't have graphing calculators built into your heads will want to know what that means. Let's say an enemy has 200 health. The first 20 health gives 1 heart. It then takes twice that amount to drop a second heart - 40 - so it's 2 hearts for 60 total max HP. It then doubles that again for the next heart - 80 - giving 3 hearts for 140 max HP. The remaining 60 will be wasted, giving no extra hearts.
This would, of course, require that there be weapons that inflict bleeding on enemies. (Or players, for that matter.) These could be sort of "niche" weapons that players otherwise might not use, like the Possessed Hatchet, (Paladin's Hammer is better, bro) Nettle Burst, Blade of Grass, (I don't actually know how the Blade of Grass factors into progression, as I've always used Muramasa at that point.) etc., etc. I KNOW THE WEAPONS EXIST, I JUST CAN'T THINK OF THEM, AUGH.

This would help support characters, as they can kill secondary enemies, like the Boss servants, or the Moon Event mooks. It's still useful in singleplayer, as it gives a sort of diluted lifesteal.

EDIT 12/26/14 3:54 CT: It didn't occur to me that Wolfram Alpha might not keep their images in memory indefinitely. Replaced that w/ text.

Last edited:
cool! Gives a way to give enemies bleeding.
frd8y*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom