Blinkroot and Shiverthorn seeds aren't growing!!

Maattok777

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Blinkroot and Shiverthorn seeds aren't growing in clay pots!!! Is it a bug or seeds planting has changed? Can anyone help me?

Blinkroot and Shiverthorn seeds aren't growing in clay pots!!! Is it a bug or seeds planting has changed? Can anyone help me?
Gown one have they been growing? They take a long time time to grow if they are out of their biome.
Edit: also could you please give more information because this isn’t enough info to go off of

2020-08-01 (1).png
2020-08-01 (2).png

They increased the time it takes to grow Silverthorn to a ridiculous level. Some reasoning with longer to grow but quicker to flower? I've got mine in an ice biome and they still take forever.

Blinkroot does grow fine but is bugged. It's always been this way. Seems to be affected by the number of blooms within a particular area so as you harvest some plants you will all of a sudden see some grow.

Also as someone mentioned growing anything out of its respected biome will take much longer.

You are much better off growing blinkroot underground. Silverthorn is useful but not really necessitating a garden. I find periodically traveling through cold biomes with the Staff of Regrowth sufficient enough for my potion needs. A garden would be useful if it actually grew in a reasonable time frame.

Planters. Somewhere between one and two hundred is about right for me, and I have started running potions almost non-stop. The only break is when I'm fishing and then it's only 3 or maybe 4 buffs running.

Shiverthorn is next to useless, and like @Banmei said, it is easy to just collect the few you want.

Shiverthorn is useful for the crate potion currently, normally I need many, a row of 50 clay pots with her seeds is enough to have many of this herb, but as they said it does not grow fast, the wiki says that its time to grow is random.
Blinkroot also grows randomly but is faster than Shiverthorn, but Blinkroot apparently disappears if you don't harvest it in time while in clay pots, I usually use 25 clay pots for Blinkroot.
1.png

Last edited:
Shiverthorn is useful for the crate potion currently, normally I need many, a row of 50 clay pots with her seeds is enough to have many of this herb, but as they said it does not grow fast, the wiki says that its time to grow is random.
Blinkroot also grows randomly but is faster than Shiverthorn, but Blinkroot apparently disappears if you don't harvest it in time while in clay pots, I usually use 25 clay pots for Blinkroot.
View attachment 285650

Why you prefer for clay pots over planters? Planters prevent you from harvesting before they are ready.

Why you prefer for clay pots over planters? Planters prevent you from harvesting before they are ready.
I like to plant several plants before beating many bosses (planter boxes are not all enabled in the beginning) and I usually use staff of regrowth.

Back
Top Bottom