Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Mac OSX 10.10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
When exploring the underground ice biome during the rain, I noticed that my character's eyes were half closed. This is not the case behind the natural background walls. I was in the cavern layer, fairly close to when lava begins to spawn. There were no particle effects, and the screen didn't change, but the character's eyes squinting doesn't seem to be locked to the surface. I can provide an image if needed.

Last edited:
Thank you for the report! A similar issue was previously reported in multiplayer. I have added your information to indicate it may also affect single player.

When your life is low, the player's eyes gets half closed.

So pay close attention at your health bar when its eyes are half closed.

When your life is low, the player's eyes gets half closed.

So pay close attention at your health bar when its eyes are half closed.
I am aware that the health can change the eyes' status, and I don't remember/wan't paying attention to my health. However, I know it wasn't low because my eyes opened up again in front of background walls, and became half closed after leaving the small area with natural walls.

I am having the same problem in a current singleplayer game. No debuffs now, but I did have some earlier in the play session. Blindness or something, a couple incidences of poison darts. The squinting appearance persists well past the expiration of the debuffs. Character's life has not been low, unless you count getting blown up (zero HP) a couple times.

Steam, Windows 10 64-bit, singleplayer, keyboard and mouse. Classic character, Master world. Biome: underground ice. Weather: rain. Eyes go back to normal when rain has stopped.

Terraria version: idk, the most recent as of posting.

EDIT: I have since been able to confirm that the squinting eyes happen in cavern-layer tundra biome just with rain as the current weather. No debuffs necessary to trigger this condition.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom