Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, too UP.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, idea isn't very good.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

3en

Plantera
First off, Sivath was too lazy to see if this already exists or not, if it does, please let Sivath know.
Second off, this does not involve any of this
Shields, potions, blocks or knockback.
Ok, now onto the idea.
Sivath's idea is the fact that there is really no use for the right click button in terraria. (Other than accessing guis such as chests and barrels.) So Sivath decided to give it a use... BLOCKING!

(Also, yes, Sivath did partially get this idea from Minecraft, I'm sorry, :red:)

Now, granted not many mobs actually attack with swords or axes, etc, This could still be useful to early players. (Even some late-game players doing stuff such as the Pumpkin/Frost/Lunar events.)

So Sivath decided to share this idea.

When having a weapon in hand, you can right click and block, (Will not work with shortswords, they're too short.) and if you right click perfectly, (Such as a one second timed event thing.) you have the chance to counter the enemies attack whilst dealing some damage. (Maybe half of the base damage.) (WILL NOT WORK ON BOSSES.)

Now, given this has to be balanced, Sivath did some thinking.
Different swords block different
Copper/Tin : 5-9%
Wood : 10-14%
Iron/Lead : 15-17%
Silver/Tungsten : 18-23%
Gold/Platinum : 27-30%
Nights Edge : 33-36%
Cobalt and Mythril/Pallidium and Orichalcum : 40-43%
Adamantite/Titanium : 44-45%
Excalibur : 49-51%
Terra Blade : 53-56%
of damage. (If these need rebalancing, please let Sivath know, these numbers just came to Sivath out of nowhere.)

Sivath ran out of ideas, so Sivath will just leave this suggestion here. Thank you for your time, mortal, paladin, zombie.... slime... skeleton....... etc.

Idea from Mr. Bucket o' Water : How about if you block unbreakable projectiles (Paladin's Hammer as an example), it would ricochet off, you taking no damage, and the projectile rendered useless. If you block breakable projectiles, perhaps they will just sort of disappear, like when you were to hit them normally. Have I made Sivath happy?

Last edited:
How about if you block unbreakable projectiles (Paladin's Hammer as an example), it would ricochet off, you taking no damage, and the projectile rendered useless. If you block breakable projectiles, perhaps they will just sort of disappear, like when you were to hit them normally. Have I made Sivath happy?

How about if you block unbreakable projectiles (Paladin's Hammer as an example), it would ricochet off, you taking no damage, and the projectile rendered useless. If you block breakable projectiles, perhaps they will just sort of disappear, like when you were to hit them normally. Have I made Sivath happy?

Sivath likes, Sivath likes...
Sivath will not kill this... bucket? Can, can buckets even die?

Sivath likes, Sivath likes...
Sivath will not kill this... bucket? Can, can buckets even die?
Believe me, spills hurt!

OT: This concept is quite nice, I like it a lot. Would make melee combat less of relying on outlasting your enemy and more of pulling off tricky moves.

Believe me, spills hurt!

OT: This concept is quite nice, I like it a lot. Would make melee combat less of relying on outlasting your enemy and more of pulling off tricky moves.
Off Topic : So if you were to fall over/lose all of your water, you'd die? If so, where do you hide so you never get tipped over?
(Also, why not just get a lid?)

On Topic : Thank you for your support Mr. Bucket, Sivath greatly appreciates it.

Off Topic : So if you were to fall over/lose all of your water, you'd die? If so, where do you hide so you never get tipped over?
(Also, why not just get a lid?)

On Topic : Thank you for your support Mr. Bucket, Sivath greatly appreciates it.
A lid, I would rather risk death and have vision then be blind for eternal life! And hiding, pfft, that's for cowards. THE SHED IS COZY, I WASN'T HIDING

OT: Perhaps after blocking, you can't block for another few seconds so you can't just block everything if you can time it right.

A lid, I would rather risk death and have vision then be blind for eternal life! And hiding, pfft, that's for cowards. THE SHED IS COZY, I WASN'T HIDING

[color=00FF00]OT: Perhaps after blocking, you can't block for another few seconds so you can't just block everything if you can time it right.
Ahhh, so you see out of your water? Or are your eyes just reeeeally close to the rim of you?

Support, though 70% damage just cause you have a Terra Blade is a bit overpowered.
There are some swords you left out, but I know it's not easy to list ALL of them

Qw2Approves.png

I believed Cenx mentioned something about them being unable to give items added functions when right clicking...:(

Not unable, with time, you could figure it out, it would probably require a code overhaul though. :\

Support, though 70% damage just cause you have a Terra Blade is a bit overpowered.
There are some swords you left out, but I know it's not easy to list ALL of them

Not unable, with time, you could figure it out, it would probably require a code overhaul though. :\
Yeah, like Sivath said, the numbers just came to him out of nowhere, so Sivath will be rebalancing them eventually.
(Sivath also listed off all the MAIN swords, The Horseman's Blade, Christmas Tree Sword, etc will be added later. :p)

On Topic : Thank you so much, Mr.... Wisp?
How dare you call me Mr. Wisp! For I am a Llama, Taz Da Llama!

On Topic: Terra Blade blocking? I might be the only one who doesn't get close using a Terra Blade. My message: I don't think much people get close with a Terra Blade, they're projectile swords.
[DOUBLEPOST=1424576535][/DOUBLEPOST]
On Topic : Thank you so much, Mr.... Wisp?

On Topic: Terra Blade blocking? I might be the only one who doesn't get close using a Terra Blade. My message: I don't think much people get close with a Terra Blade, they're projectile swords.

This is identical to the blocking mechanic in Starbound... time it correctly, and you deflect an attack.

Considering most of the combat in this game (especially later on) is either against bosses or large numbers of enemies, this seems rather useless. It's also unfair. Melee can deflect 70% of incoming damage with proper timing? That's ridiculous.

Please don't type in the third person/act "in character" out of roleplay threads- it can be really confusing or annoying to readers sometimes.

[DOUBLEPOST=1424576535][/DOUBLEPOST]

My apologies, Mr. Llama.
Also, about the Terra Blade statement, I understand hardly anyone gets close with projectile weapons, it was just a reference for end game weapons such as Horseman's Blade or CT Sword, etc.
This is identical to the blocking mechanic in Starbound... time it correctly, and you deflect an attack.

Considering most of the combat in this game (especially later on) is either against bosses or large numbers of enemies, this seems rather useless. It's also unfair. Melee can deflect 70% of incoming damage with proper timing? That's ridiculous.
1. Never played Starbound before. :/
2. If you read any of my posts before this when people complained about the numbers, they just randomly came to my head and will definately be re-balanced when I find the time.
Please don't type in the third person/act "in character" out of roleplay threads- it can be really confusing or annoying to readers sometimes.
You aren't the first to think this, let me tell you that now, but the whole "3rd person referring" thing just came to me when I was :red:ing around making my character, and it just stuck.

Looks like a cool idea, but i can't imagine it being added. terraria is too much chaotic for anyone to manage to block anything.

Back
Top Bottom