Game Mechanics Blood Moon Filters

Planthair01🌳

Official Terrarian
At the end (EDIT: and beginning) of a Blood Moon or a Solar Eclipse, the filter on the screen transitions back to the normal one EXTREMELY quickly (which actually makes it obvious that the Solar Eclipse sky is darker than the Night sky, but that doesn't have anything to do with this.) The transition is really obvious. Can we change that so the transition is a lot slower and starts sooner (for end) or ends later (for beginning)?

Last edited:
While I agree with you there is another problem: the same thing happens when a Blood moon or a Solar Eclipse is starting, so it means that there should be the same gradual transition to the blood moon/solar eclipse Sky, but instead of starting sooner it should start later, otherwise the player could identify that in that day/night one of these events will occur, before occuring, just because the color of the sky is changing before it happens.
Does this make sense to you?

I think, it couldn't be done, because (as far as hardmode's concerned), you never know if the blood moon or the solar eclipse won't be followed by a solar eclipse (in case of blood moon) or a blood moon (in case of a solar eclipse) after.

Because that's determinated by the game when it's 7:30 p.m. and 4:30 a.m. the game wouldn't know if to transition to normal day/night ambience, or a solar ecplise/blood moon after an event.

I think, it couldn't be done, because (as far as hardmode's concerned), you never know if the blood moon or the solar eclipse won't be followed by a solar eclipse (in case of blood moon) or a blood moon (in case of a solar eclipse) after.

Because that's determinated by the game when it's 7:30 p.m. and 4:30 a.m. the game wouldn't know if to transition to normal day/night ambience, or a solar ecplise/blood moon after an event.
Couldn't it just transition from Blood Moon to Solar Eclipse like it would from Blood Moon to normal day?

They could make it so that the event is determined earlier but still starts at 4:30 AM and 7:30 PM

Last edited:
They could make it so that the event is determined earlier but still starts at 4:30 AM and 7:30 PM
which would be useful, for the purpose that you could foresee it, but considering they didn't tried to do it working like that, I'm assuming it would be too complicated to code it.

like, think about it, if you could figure out it will be a blood moon, earlier than when it starts, you could prepare for it better. it would be quite useful, but probably would require lots of rewrites on the code, probably much more than what they consider it would worth.
and if they wouldn't do it for that, they probably much less would do it for something like "just" the atmosphere filter.

which would be useful, for the purpose that you could foresee it, but considering they didn't tried to do it working like that, I'm assuming it would be too complicated to code it.

like, think about it, if you could figure out it will be a blood moon, earlier than when it starts, you could prepare for it better. it would be quite useful,
But the transition would only happen when the event actually starts, not when it is determined that it will happen.
but probably would require lots of rewrites on the code, probably much more than what they consider it would worth.
and if they wouldn't do it for that, they probably much less would do it for something like "just" the atmosphere filter.
Maybe, then again it would just need to determine if the event starts, then start it at the starting time, plus slow the transition. Of course, this could be a lot harder than I imagine.

Back
Top Bottom