Velocity: 15

Inflicts Debuff:
$
Bleeding 2 Seconds
Debuff Tooltip: Cannot regenerate life.
Rarity:
$

Lore (not tooltip)

A kama is a Japanese dull scythe/sickle that is used for harvesting and is also used a weapon in martial arts.

What does it do?

It is thrown much like a Boomerang except this weapon pierces infinitely.
It travels ~10 blocks forwards and then back to the players hand, the weapon will also
inflict bleeding for 2 seconds after enemies are hit with it.
It will not be usable when it is "deployed" out of the players hand, only usable
when it returns to the players hand.

But what about the
$
?

I recommend that this weapon be dropped by Sharks or a chance to drop
from any Ocean enemy...after extensive research I've found no correlation between
zombies/blood moon to
$
which is mostly about Hawaiian Sea Gods and a symbol of oceanic protection...

:happy:Simple fun weapon for the Blood Moon in Pre-Hardmode!:happy:

Let me know what you think!

Last edited:
Bleeding isn't really useful when enemies don't often regenerate health anyway.
-puts on glasses-:cool:

Actually, since mobs don't recover HP naturally, they get negative HP regen and LOSE health. Thereby doing DoT damage.

Terraria Wiki:

$
"When an Enemy has this debuff inflicted on them, they lose health since they don’t naturally regenerate."

Still doesn’t make it useful, considering how pathetically weak damage-over-time debuffs are in this game. And this one is inflicted for a 2-second duration.

I admit that infinite piercing makes this weapon moderately good on paper, but the bleeding debuff looks like a useless afterthought. Keep in mind that the only weapon that inflicts that debuff on enemies is Tizona, which is console-exclusive and in the next update will no longer exist.

Still doesn’t make it useful, considering how pathetically weak damage-over-time debuffs are in this game. And this one is inflicted for a 2-second duration.

I admit that infinite piercing makes this weapon moderately good on paper, but the bleeding debuff looks like a useless afterthought. Keep in mind that the only weapon that inflicts that debuff on enemies is Tizona, which is console-exclusive and in the next update will no longer exist.
Well, yes the bleeding is simply a gimmick to go along with the Blood Moon aesthetic. The infinite pierce along with hitting 2x per second (one thrown out and one back in) is really helpful for early game crowd-control. I was honestly just starting this concept looking at why the Blood Zombie drops an aquatic themed item and looking for a replacement for its drop.

Last edited:

Frost-burn and shadowflame aren't completely awful

Back
Top Bottom