Blood Moons: The First Encounter

yugiohhero

Plantera
Maybe you're mining the Eater of Worlds for Demonite, or maybe you decide you should build a monument to the guide. (Why would you do that?)

The Blood Moon is rising...

You don't know what that means.... Do you?

I can fix that.

The blood moon, you see, is an event where Zombies and Demon eyes are much more common, and spawn wherever they please, excluding spawning in your line of sight (You can walk up to them though!)

First, wherever the heck you are... GET OUTTA THERE AND TO YOUR VILLAGE... If you were saving a recall potion, nows the time to use it.

Now, a list of the enemies:

Zombie: An undead soul, with a need to feast on your gray matter. That doesnt mean you can starve it, so slice it into pieces.
Demon Eye: This flying eyeball stares into your soul, and tries to high five it, but due to a lack of hands, and ability to touch your soul, it crashes into you and deals damage. DONT FIGHT WITH SHORTSWORDS!
Corrupt/Crimtane Bunny: Tonight= Not a good night to adopt a pet. This bunny has had one too many and is just waiting to assasinate you. All bunnies around you turn into these upon a blood moon.
Corrupt/Crimtane Goldfish: Tonight= Not a good night to adopt a pet. This goldfish has had one too many and is just waiting to assasinate you. All goldfish around you turn into these upon a blood moon.
Corrupt/Crimtane Penguin: Tonigh- do i have to type it again?
Blood Zombie: Faster than the regular zombie. Slice it faster to compensate.
Drippler: A drippy ball of... Something... I really dont know... I just know shoot it.
The Groom: Top hats are in, so if you want one, knock this zombie out.
The Bride: Cenx needed some excuse to add a wedding dress into terraria for the Wedding Pics, so she added this.

Strategy One: If you have your mechanic already (Highly unlikely it has yet to happen until skeletron has been slain) and have a King and Queen statue, dig a large hole and wire the two statues to a switch, after burying yourself. Flip the switch and all the NPCs are down there (DONT USE SAND FOR BURIAL!)

Strategy Two (Recommended):Use common blocks to block down your doors and platforms (If you build a hotel-ish building, you only need to block the exits to the building, not every door/platform) Fight if you want, but this can be dangerous.

Strategy Three: 2x3 box yourself in any non gravity-affected blocks and let the NPCs die.

Last edited:
DONT FIGHT WITH SHORTSWORDS
Been there, tried that, had to respawn lol

Corrupt/Crimtane Bunny:
That embarrassing moment when your tombstone reads, "Terra got snapped in half by Corrupt Bunny."

Tonigh- do i have to type it again?
Yes, yes you do.

DONT USE SAND FOR BURIAL!
Unless you're Gaara.

2x3 box yourself in any non gravity-affected blocks and let the NPCs die
In 1.3, they'll prolly fair better than you at the beginning.

In 1.3, they'll prolly fair better than you at the beginning.
True. They are pretty good at early defense now.

Regarding the early Bloodmoon, there aren't really many rules to follow.

1. Always close the door behind you when you enter or exit the house. And you put a piece of furniture directly behind the door on the inside, didn't you?
2. Make sure you don't have critters run around in your house.

Otherwise you can stay inside and sort your dirt block collection if you don't feel like going out that night.

Blood moon gives you a great opportunity to loot some good stuff at the beginning of your world... coins, shackles and if you're lucky, a money trough.

I suggest you try to fight it if you have an iron/lead broadsword or better. If you manage to find a spear in surface chests you'll annihilate the mobs!

Cool guide! if possible you could add some images to illustrate it.

Good guide.
I don't know what is the point of doing such stuff when everything is clearly explained on official wiki though.

Back
Top Bottom