do you like my idea

• like it

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • dislike it

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

AlphaKirby1

Terrarian
I have a item idea that might be of use to the end game gamers of terraria. It is called the blood shot. it is a guided shadowbeam staff. It looks like a magnet sphere, but red instead of blue. it does 87 magic damage, 5% critical strike chance, uses 6 mana, and is a 14.28% drop chance from brain of chuthulu in hardmode.

it is a guided shadowbeam staff
What exactly do you mean by a "guided shadow beam staff"

It looks like a magnet sphere
The shadow beam staff and magnet sphere look and act extremely different so I'd also like an explanation

and is a 14.28% drop chance from brain of chuthulu in hardmode
That is a very strangely specific drop chance, also the Brain of Cthulhu is a joke in hardmode. With just about any Hardmode weapon and armor you can demolish him.

it does 87 magic damage
That is more than 30 damage more than the ShadowBeam staff, which you say its something like. Coupled with the fact that you could get it just about instantly into Hardmode by farming the BoC it seems a bit over powered.

Having a drop in Hardmode from a Pre-Hardmode boss doesnt make the item end game by any means. If anything it would be a early Hardmode weapon, but who really wants to go fight the Brain of Cthulhu when you're in Hardmode? There are plenty more fun things to do.

If you were to change the damage, the way you acquire it and give a bit more information on how it works you might get my support but right now it just seems like a pretty weak suggestion with almost no thought put into it.

by guided, I mean like cholrifite bullets, they always aim for the enemy.
It LOOKS like the magnet sphere, but red. It functions like a shadowbeam staff, that is red instead of purple, and always aims for an enemy.
OK, maybe it could be a drop from the twins, or prime, or destroyer. You all were right BoC is a joke
How about 69 magic damage

It LOOKS like the magnet sphere, but red. It functions like a shadowbeam staff
Well these are very different things. The magnet sphere is a slow moving circle, whilst the Shadowbeam staff creates an instant line that bounces from wall to wall. How are you going to have an instant circle that leaves a trail and bounces from wall to wall? Is it just going to be a really thick line?

How are you going to have a weapon that works like this
url

Look like this
MagnetSphereAttack.jpg

OK, maybe it could be a drop from the twins, or prime, or destroyer
This isnt much better, as the Shadowbeam staff is post Plantera and is still weaker than this. Maybe if it were from the Lunar Boss or something

You all were right BoC is a joke
Told ya
How about 69 magic damage
Sure that ain't a joke mate?

it can not go through walls and it can only shoot anything in a 150 block radius. If you are say in a room with no exit, the blood shot will shoot to the nearest enemy, but will just stop at the wall. if there is no enemy in a 150 block radius, it will just shoot straight. it shoots red projectiles like the shadowbeam staff but red. i was thinking maybe it could shoot 3-4 times a second thank you[DOUBLEPOST=1412900569][/DOUBLEPOST]sure make it from the lunar boss, great idea! p.s. is the lunar boss going to be an invasion or boss

by the way, the projectile looks like a shadow beam staff, but red. The item that you see when you hold it looks like the magnet sphere, but red insted of blue!

Back
Top Bottom