NPCs & Enemies Blood Worm Fishing Critter

Aceplante

Official Terrarian
As the title suggests, there should be a blood moon exclusive critter that gives bonus fishing power during blood moons. I suggest the "blood worm".

It would be found crawling around like regular worms, but only during a blood moon. It would have 20% bait power, doubled during a blood moon.

Perhaps it could have an increased chance of fishing up enemies too (like the chum caster)? Or, has a chance to summon a blood moon fishing enemy even if its not a blood moon.

Last edited:
I like the idea, but how would you obtain it? would it be through killing blood moon enemies? a possible fishing drop? dropping from specifically blood moon fishing enemies?

1 Technically there already is bait that does this and it stacks to three. It's called the Chum Bucket.
2 bloodmoons in themselves give a bonus that ties with fullmoon being best lunar phase.
3 the bloodmoon makes some of the npcs moody, monsters more violent then usual, and turns cute critters into killing machines

that being said a blood moon worm would make more sense as a hostile entity not bait as the blood moon makes everybody violent especially the zoologist.

Last edited:
I feel like it'd make more sense if it could spawn at any time with a low chance after breaking a mud block, as real-life blood worms are often found in wet soil.

I like the idea, but how would you obtain it? would it be through killing blood moon enemies? a possible fishing drop? dropping from specifically blood moon fishing enemies?
Probably crawling around like regular worms, but only during blood moons

Yes I like the idea, especially the fact that you would use it to catch blood moon enemies outside of blood moon. It maybe could have a chance to spawn when a blood moon enemy is killed or just spawn near bodies of water like in an oasis or near the ocean

what if the "blood worm" was actually a infant bloody eel? which would be funny because its a demon that looks like a eel that is called a worm

As a tooltip on the blood moon critter it can say that "there are blood moon monsters in the water that likes to eat this" this would give the player a hint that you can fish during the blood moon

As a tooltip on the blood moon critter it can say that "there are blood moon monsters in the water that likes to eat this" this would give the player a hint that you can fish during the blood moon
My idea for its description would be:
"A small worm that inly comes out to feed off of the moon's negative energy, a certain creature enjoys snacking on them" the creature being the Dreadnautilus

Rename it to the Gore Worm, and have it drop off of Maggot Zombies instead of maggots during a Blood Moon in a graveyard. It has 20% bait power by default but it doubles in a blood moon. The tooltip that @OllieWernerson would work fine, maybe change it to "the creatures in the blood-soaked ocean feast on these..." Also, have a few rarely crawling around during a blood moon normally, kind of like enchanted nightcrawlers in a meteor shower.

Back
Top Bottom