Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 7
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
If I open the game, and partway through my play-through, decide to switch from my PC speakers to bluetooth, Terraria decides to stop playing music/sounds. All other applications like chrome/youtube etc do just fine and the migration happens perfectly. Going to the volume mixer shows that Terraria indeed did attempt to migrate, but isn't playing sounds. Changing my speaker output in the volume mixer to PC speakers shows terraria is not there and not trying to output anywhere else. Same bug occurs if I start the game with bluetooth speakers, and later decide to disconnect them.

Only way to fix this is to restart the game and never attempt to change speakers.

1.4.0.3 Build, windows 7 here. Using Intel's latest proset bluetooth drivers for a dual band wireless-ac 8260 w/ bluetooth radio/control. Not sure if this happens in earlier builds, but if the devs would like me to try, I'd be happy to bug hunt for them.

This has always been the way it is, even before the release of 1.4. If you want to switch from PC speakers to Bluetooth, you must restart the game before it will play the audio through the Bluetooth speaker.

We are trying to look into this issue, but we need an error log for the issue to be able to investigate it further.

If you want to help us get one, you can follow these steps:

1. Go to your Steam Library
2. Right click Terraria and select Properties
3. Open "Set Launch Options" and paste the following into it: -logerrors -logfile
4. The next time you run the game and it crashes from this issue, you should get an error log. To find this log, go to Documents>My Games>Terraria>Logs. The most recent log after the crash should hopefully contain some info on what caused the crash.

If you can provide that log here in this thread, we can investigate the cause and fix it :)

Greetings.
I have the same problem. Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Windows 10 version 2004 (1909 too).

The game freezes after I disconnect and reconnect my headset.
It doesn't happen instantly while in-game but usually after <1 minute.
It does happen instantly if I alt-tab out and try to alt-tab back in.

Here is the log file. However, the game only freezes forever so I have to kill the process manually. The log doesn't look so useful.
I do have a Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 keyboard but the issue is the same with or without the (terrible) iCUE software installed.

Error Logging Enabled.
Resolution changed to: 800x600.
================
5/30/2020 1:30:20 PM: First-Chance Exception
Thread: 1 [Main Thread]
Culture: en-US
Exception: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'RzChromaSDK.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.Razer.NativeMethods.Init()
at ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.Razer.RazerDeviceGroup.Initialize()
================

Razer Chroma not supported: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'RzChromaSDK.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
================
Exception: ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.DeviceInitializationException: Corsair initialization failed with: CE_ServerNotFound
at ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.Corsair.CorsairDeviceGroup.Initialize()
================

Corsair RGB not supported: ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.DeviceInitializationException: Corsair initialization failed with: CE_ServerNotFound
at ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.Corsair.CorsairDeviceGroup.Initialize()
================
Exception: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'LogitechLedEnginesWrapper ': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.Logitech.NativeMethods.LogiLedInit()
at ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.Logitech.LogitechDeviceGroup.Initialize()
================

Logitech RGB not supported: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'LogitechLedEnginesWrapper ': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
Resolution changed to: 2560x1440.
WaveMaskData texture recreated. 96x145

Update: In config.json I changed "UseCorsairRGB": to false,. Now the game freezes instantly when I turn off my headset.

Error Logging Enabled.
================
5/30/2020 1:43:07 PM: First-Chance Exception
Exception: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'RzChromaSDK.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
================

Razer Chroma not supported: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'RzChromaSDK.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
================
5/30/2020 1:43:07 PM: First-Chance Exception
Exception: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'LogitechLedEnginesWrapper ': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
================

Logitech RGB not supported: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'LogitechLedEnginesWrapper ': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Disabling all brands like above gives the following log:

Error Logging Enabled.

Interesting. I have not had it lead to a fatal crash for me. For me, when I connect my bluetooth headset, it just continues to play the audio on the main speakers. It won't play on the headset if I try to switch over until I restart the game.

Interesting. I have not had it lead to a fatal crash for me. For me, when I connect my bluetooth headset, it just continues to play the audio on the main speakers. It won't play on the headset if I try to switch over until I restart the game.

I can confirm now that Paul von Oberstein's report of freeze does apply. When I just disconnect my headphones, the game keeps running, but the sound attempts to play to my no longer connected headset. You have to restart the game in order to get it to switch over to the PC/laptop speakers. However, if you disconnect the headphones and then reconnect them, the game freezes shortly after reconnecting them.

Back
Top Bottom