NPCs & Enemies Bomb slime

SaltyBeggar

Skeletron
this is a slime that when it is 1 - 5 blocks away from the player, it explodes after 1 second, the explosion has an average of 35 damage, the explosion have 8 blocks of range, the explosion not break blocks
it is not very easy to find, just have 10% of chance to appear in forest
it can drop:
bombs (can drop 2 - 5 bombs, have 75% to drop it)
gel (can drop 1 - 7 gel, it always will drop)
sticky bombs (can drop 2 - 5 sticky bombs, have 10% to drop it)
more bombs dropped, less sticky bombs dropped, and vice - versa
this is my idea for the design
hGWCsgo.png

FAdyGKd.png

(im not very good at the pixel art)
(i placed a white background on the to see the fuse more clearly inside of him, the second dont have to see the sprite that will be see in-game)

Notes:
this is a pre-hard mode enemy
the bomb slime damage was 60, but I switched to 35 because it was too much appeal to an enemy that may appear well at the beginning of the game

Last edited:
There are already two hardmode enemies that are supposed to detonate near players, yet one is unspawnable by normal means (chatter teeth bomb) and the other has no AI (exploding snowman).
If these guys, which have been within the game data for years have still not been implemented, chances of allowing a prehard enemy doing the same are... not very high.

60 damage, even for a suicide enemy, Is a lot in the early game. Especially coming from a slime that you may not expect. I think it may fit more as an hardmode enemy. Hardmode could use some new overworld slimes.

I like the concept of the idea though, might be even more fitting if it was a normal slime with a bomb inside of them.

hmmm, i re-thinked about the damage, and for a newly created terrarian in Terraria, is a lot of damage
i think... 35 damage

60 damage, even for a suicide enemy, Is a lot in the early game. Especially coming from a slime that you may not expect. I think it may fit more as an hardmode enemy. Hardmode could use some new overworld slimes.

I like the concept of the idea though, might be even more fitting if it was a normal slime with a bomb inside of them.
im tried to redesign the slime (just placing a bombs inside of itself) and, i drew this
4klPGJi.png

if you see carefully you will repair tiny bombs inside of the slime

Last edited:
But wait... we already have slimes with random items in it. Why would we ever want to change it to a bomb in a slime? I actually see those slimes in-game!

about the design without the bomb inside of it, i think is more cool, because already have slimes with bomb inside of itself, and because the monster dont need to drop things it have, for example, nymph drops metal detectors

But wait... we already have slimes with random items in it. Why would we ever want to change it to a bomb in a slime? I actually see those slimes in-game!
about the design without the bomb inside of it, i think is more cool, because already have slimes with bomb inside of itself, and because the monster dont need to drop things it have, for example, nymph drops metal detectors
Yes, the slimes do drop bombs, but they never actually explode, do they?

this is a slime that when it is 1 - 5 blocks away from the player, it explodes after 1 second, the explosion has an average of 35 damage, the explosion have 8 blocks of range, the explosion not break blocks
it is not very easy to find, just have 10% of chance to appear in forest
it can drop:
bombs (can drop 2 - 5 bombs, have 75% to drop it)
gel (can drop 1 - 7 gel, it always will drop)
sticky bombs (can drop 2 - 5 sticky bombs, have 10% to drop it)
more bombs dropped, less sticky bombs dropped, and vice - versa
this is my idea for the design
hGWCsgo.png

FAdyGKd.png

(im not very good at the pixel art)
(i placed a white background on the to see the fuse more clearly inside of him, the second dont have to see the sprite that will be see in-game)

Notes:
this is a pre-hard mode enemy
the bomb slime damage was 60, but I switched to 35 because it was too much appeal to an enemy that may appear well at the beginning of the game
Idk..I wouldn't like a slime just coming my way ready to explode in a second in front of my house and break it.

Back
Top Bottom