Map-PvP Bomberman-Terraria

Hey, I am SchrobZen.
I love Bomberman
bomberman_sprite__walking_by_bluestorm05.gif
and I love Terraria... sooo I had to create a PvP-Arena that combines both :D
It's a multyplayer-terraria-map for 2-48 players to have fun with (2-4 players in one match, but 12 matches simultaneously possible).

You can download it, play it, share it. (http://mods.curse.com/maps/terraria/bomberman-terraria)
If you have any bugs, missfunktions,suggestions or just any type of response please let me know. The map will be updated when nessesary.
Have FUN!!!!

SchrobZen [ʃroʊb'zen]

Change log:

->1.3.4.1 Corrected a major mistake that made the map unplayable​

->1.3.4 Now the delay-system is more goodlooking and understandable and more hidden.

->1.3.3 Now the Player 1 and 4 delay can't fail due to double-clicking by mistake (thanks WoWola: https://goo.gl/YR0vQM)

-> 1.3.2 Some bugfixes

-> 1.3.1 Some fairness adjustments against gravity

-> 1.3 Now featuring 12 different Layouts with unique Themes on one map
- also including: Rocket Launchers, Bombfish, Dynamit and More...

-> 1.2 Now with bouncy bombs :D

-> 1.1 now the chambers for player 3 and 4 aren't open in 2 player mode

-> 1.1 now has Cloud in a Bottle as a start-item

Last edited:
Hey, I am SchrobZen.
I love Bomberman and I love Terraria... sooo I had to create a PvP-Arena that combines both :D
It's a multyplayer-terraria-map for 2-4 players to have fun with.
You can download it, play it, share it. (http://terraria.curseforge.com/maps/bomberman-terraria/)
If you have any bugs, missfunktions or suggestions please let me know. This will be updated when nessesary.
Have FUN!!!!

SchrobZen (the "Z" is soft... like in Zen :) )

P.S.: I created several of these maps (with different Powerup-layouts) so there is more of a random feeling...
This links to all of them: https://copy.com/YjGLZjcj8qyQwnpK
(At curse you can't upload folders....)
Could you have a description on how it works? I'm curious and cannot test it at the moment.

Could you have a description on how it works? I'm curious and cannot test it at the moment.
Well yes I can :D
The basic Idea is to bomb your way through the Bomberman Map and kill your opponents:
Bomberman oben.PNG
Inside some of these walls you find chests which are the powerups.
And the goal is, just like in Bomberman, to bomb your opponent away :)
There is a Bug happening if you spawn with newly created caracters you instantly die... (so no hardcore ;) )
You spawn at the Player-Selection:
Bomber playerselect.PNG

You choose P1 or P2.
For P3 and P4 you have to use the switches to open the floor.
Afterwards you are in the Preperation-Room:
Bomb prep.PNG

You get rid of the Sartup-Items and equip yourself with the stuff from the chest.
It's importent to turn on PvP and choose your team color.
When you're ready you use the switch (P3 and P4 have two switches) to state that and be ready for the BATTLE.

Last edited:
There is a big UPDATE upcoming:
When I get to a place with wifi again, I will upload an updated version of Terraria-Bomberman.
The Gameplay won't change at all but the map will be more like a server. There will be 12 different Powerup-Layouts in one map with a "randomizer" so there is only a 1/44 chance to go to the same map twice... Which is great!
I am happy to have built this, it was a dream of mine for a long time.
Please let me know what you think of this style of map.

SchrobZen [ʃroʊb'zen]

It would be good if the new arenas you are adding had some different tiles and the dungeon brick painted to fit the new themes.
I played Super Bomberman 2 and some of the battle arenas had traps or mechanics built in which added to the fun.

It would be good if the new arenas you are adding had some different tiles and the dungeon brick painted to fit the new themes.
I played Super Bomberman 2 and some of the battle arenas had traps or mechanics built in which added to the fun.
I'll look at some super bomberman 2 and let that inspire me. Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate that!

Thanks a lot, again!
I had so much fun giving themes to the levels and I think that made the whole map sooo much betterlooking.
I hope you will like what I did with the themes... I hope I can upload soon :D

(P.S.: Traps haven't been added for now. But I like the idea, I actually had that in mind befor but I just haven't thought of anything yet.)

The themes are good and I like the bomber guys you drew at the start.

Only real problem is top players being able to spam bombs and progress faster than the bottom players. They can be slowed down with thicker obstacles in the north vertical rows, or making a one bomb at a time rule until you get 'X' hat or something.

Last edited:
Only real problem is top players being able to spam bombs and progress faster than the bottom players. They can be slowed down with thicker obstacles in the north vertical rows, or making a one bomb at a time rule until you get 'X' hat or something.

I know about that, but I think a rule like this woild just make it more complicated... I will Start thinking about something. Thank for the feedback
[DOUBLEPOST=1443262711,1443262445][/DOUBLEPOST]What about a rule that you can only use sticky bombs for te extention of your space and regular bombs are only for combat?
And you are not allowed to throw stickybombs, you can only place them. Does that make sence?
Sticky Bombs = Bombfish
And if you get a Rocket Launcher these don't apply

My rule idea is a bad one people can choose to sneak a barrage in.
Thicker walls in the north is the only way I can think of, in the vertical rows.
-
I thought of something else. Other idea is if the arenas are a rectangle and everyone starts at the top, an equal length away from eachother. In a rectangle arena people can be free to bomb how they want without being too fast in comparison.

Last edited:
I thought of something else. Other idea is if the arenas are a rectangle and everyone starts at the top, an equal length away from eachother. In a rectangle arena people can be free to bomb how they want without being too fast in comparison.
But I think that would make the whole bomberman Idea strange, and you wouldn't go down, because you would make yourself the lower enemy...
What if I'd delay their start of the P1 and P4 by a bit? I think that that wold make it a little bit fairer, what do you think?

But I think that would make the whole bomberman Idea strange, and you wouldn't go down, because you would make yourself the lower enemy...
What if I'd delay their start of the P1 and P4 by a bit? I think that that wold make it a little bit fairer, what do you think?
Hard telling, might have to grab your friends and have them try every idea to see what they think.
-
A way to delay those two players is to have them run through a hall that has actuated walls on timers to let them move forward slightly every 3 seconds.
Length of that hall is going to be up to your judgement.

Hard telling, might have to grab your friends and have them try every idea to see what they think.
-
A way to delay those two players is to have them run through a hall that has actuated walls on timers to let them move forward slightly every 3 seconds.
Length of that hall is going to be up to your judgement.

Well the only problem is that I have no ability to test it, because of my internetconnection... But I think I will delay the players and if that's not fair still - you just have to play twice and switch positions...

Ok, now Player 1 and Player 4 start about 30 seconds later than Player 2 and Player 3, which is enough in my opinion.
But keep the feedback going, the more the better :D

There has been a little "Patch"-Update that hides the delay system a bit better. And there is a lit up countdown to give a better feeling of the time you have to wait.

Reactions: Azu
Back
Top Bottom