Weapons & Equip The Carpet Bomb

Is this a good idea?

• Yes!

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • I have a grenade/bomb/dynamite/explosive to add on to this. (Tell me below!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Alright. So I was looking around in the Suggestions Forum, and I saw this. I realized that the possibilities of what could happen with bombs
were endless...So, as a result, I decided to make this.
The Carpet Bomb:
Carpet_Bomb (1).gif Carpet_Bomb.gif
[Combat Mode and Excavation Mode respectively.]
(base sprite courtesy of @Tsintzask, I sped them up and added a second one)
15 Throwing Damage
Insane Knockback (11)
4% Critical Strike Chance
Varying Velocity
Slow Speed (34)
Rarity_color_4_big.png
Rarity
12.5% Chance not to consume ammo.
Sold by the Demolitionist during a Hardmode Blood Moon.

"So what is the Carpet Bomb?", you may ask. Well, it is a special throwing weapon that behaves much like the Bone Glove. The ammunition? Grenades, Bombs, Dynamite, Explosives, and all variations of them. Please note that this is NOT a Rocket Launcher, and will not benefit from any Ranged Bonuses.

Ammuntition| Damage | Knockback | Velocity | Special Effect
Grenade.png
Grenade | 60 | Very Strong (8) | Average | N/A
Sticky_Grenade.png
Sticky Grenade | 60 | Very Strong (6) | Slow | Sticks to enemies or the ground, then explodes; kind of like a poor man's Proximity Mine Launcher
Bouncy_Grenade.png
Bouncy Grenade (
Pc_only.png
) | 65 | Very Strong (8) | Average | Bounces 4 times or hits an enemy before exploding.
Beenade.png
Beenade | 41 (Bees do 14) | Extremely Weak (1) | Average | Explosion releases homing bees, bees do a tiny explosion upon contact with an enemy.
Happy_Grenade.png
Happy Grenade | 30 | Average (6) | Average | Confetti is produced upon explosion.
SpeedGrenade.png Speedy Grenade (From here !) | 34 | Very Strong (8) | Very Fast | Has a chance to pierce, creating two explosions.
Bomb.png
Bomb | 75 | Insane (11) | Slow | N/A
Sticky_Bomb.png
Sticky Bomb | 75 | Insane (11) | Very Slow | See Sticky Grenade.
Bouncy_Bomb.png
Bouncy Bomb (
Pc_only.png
) | 75 | Insane (11) | Slow | Bounces 3 times or hits an enemy before exploding.
Bomb_Fish.png
Bomb Fish (
Pc_only.png
) | 80 | Insane (11) | Slow | Releases shrapnel that does 10 damage.
SpeedyBomb.png
Speedy Bomb (From here !) | 50 | Insane (11) | Fast | See Speedy Grenade.
Dynamite.png
Dynamite | 175 | Insane (23) | Extremly Slow | N/A
Sticky_Dynamite.png
Sticky Dynamite | 175 | Insane (23) | Snail | See Sticky Grenade
Bouncy_Dynamite.png
Bouncy Dynamite (
Pc_only.png
) | 175 | Insane (23) | Extremly Slow | See Bouncy Bomb.
Holy_Hand_Grenade.png
Holy Hand Grenade (
Mobile_only.png
) | 600 | Insane (54) | Snail (240) | Fires much slower than the other explosives to balance the freakishly high damage. Makes a "Hallelujah!" sound upon exploding, just like when thrown.
And that's it! Criticize away, and if you want, make a sprite or suggest an explosive be added!

1/2/17 - Changed name to "Carpet Bomb" as of @The Ancient Cultist's request.
1/25/17 - Added the Holy Hand Grenade, thanks @Dudwrestler for reminding me! Also added PC-Only and Mobile-Only tags.
23/10/17: Added Excavation and Combat mode, added sprites.

Last edited:
How will the bombs be fired if you have multiple in your inventory? Like, left right, up down?

Also, you should rename it to "Carpet Bomb"?

How will the bombs be fired if you have multiple in your inventory? Like, left right, up down?

Also, you should rename it to "Carpet Bomb"?
a) Bombs will be fired like any other ammunition, going from top Ammo slot to Bottom, then Top-Left of inventory to Bottom-Right.
b) I'll rename it, but only because the name I put sucks :p

So far I don't really get it's use, it behaves just like throwing the normal ones except it does more damage and a small chance to not consume it?
Sorry, but I havn't really understanded what you were trying to suggest at the moment.

(Liking it because of been a throwing expansion suggestion though)

So far I don't really get it's use, it behaves just like throwing the normal ones except it does more damage and a small chance to not consume it?
Sorry, but I havn't really understanded what you were trying to suggest at the moment.

(Liking it because of been a throwing expansion suggestion though)
To be entirely honest, the concept was a gun that could fire bombs at high speeds. Then again...Didn't really stick to that with some bombs and most dynamite, but it's really just a bomb launcher.

If it exploded tiles it would be better of as an excavation tool not a weapon I would think make it explode on contact with an enemy. Also how fast cause if this is pre hard-mode then it would be op shooting out dynamite at high speeds I can see how that would become op.

Back
Top Bottom