tModLoader Boombastic Mod

Lavendarjosh

Eye of Cthulhu
Hello and welcome to the Boombastic Mod!
This small modification aims to enhance Terraria with things that go BOOM and possibly other related stuff.

The Boombastic Mod is available on the Mod Browser or directly attached to this post.
Note: The mod was updated to tModLoader v0.10, but you can still download the old release (v0.4) from the attachment, in case you updated, but are still running the old tModLoader.

This will await you so far:
  • 18 new items
  • 1 new enemy
  • and a new town NPC!
A note on explosions: several items in this mod have explosions bigger than intended by the vanilla game. For that reason, not all blocks that are destroyed during such an explosion will actually drop!

Check out the spoilers below for more detail
GJItn2a.png
Charcoal can be crafted from any 2 wood at a furnace.
aaWNsCk.png
Guano is a new drop by vanilla Cave Bats.
BFnQlUh.png
Sulfur drops from the new Sulfur Grub.
b5JaghA.png
Super Dynamite is sold by the Pioneer. Higher price, but bigger bang!
HHtgIRy.png
The Blooper is also sold by the Pioneer. Shoots Blooper Grenades.
mxEDO5b.png
Blooper Grenades can be bought from the Pioneer or crafted at a worbench from regular grenades.
fP5f4j0.png
The TNT Drill makes tunneling fun! Crafted from Hellstone Bars and Dynamite at an anvil.
jt9S20e.png
Throw grenades everywhere with the Endless Grenade Pouch. Crafted from 500 vanilla Grenades at a crystal ball.
2kH8sKp.png
The M.O.A.B. Biggest bang in the mod. Expect a tiny lag when fired, and make sure to be at least 50 blocks away!
Crafted from 6 Iron Bars, 2 Beetle Husks, 1 Lihzard Power Cell, and 30 Dynamite at a mythril anvil.
DoDtq7e.png
The Tunneler is a hardmode upgrade to the TNT Drill, crafted from a Drax and Dynamite.
fyeiZUA.png
The Boomgun turns musket balls into exploding bullets! Sold by the Pioneer after defeating Skeletron.
NfnEHtJ.png
The Rambow turns wooden arrows into hellfire arrows! Also sold by the Pioneer after defeating Skeletron.
edNAteM.png
The Shaft TNT digs a long shaft straight down, crafted from Dynamite, any iron and wire at an anvil.
98G1E3N.png
The Tunnel TNT 'R' digs a long shaft to the right, crafted from Dynamite, any iron and wire at an anvil.
dBBxX0o.png
The Tunnel TNT 'L' digs a long shaft to the left, also crafted from Dynamite, any iron and wire at an anvil.
e7g398X.png
The Flashbang can be bought from the Pioneer after defeating the EoC
cxWJ2KG.png
The Airstrike Signal Grenade can be bought from the Pioneer in Hardmode
y0Fte14.png
The Bomb Staff can also be bought from the Pioneer in Hardmode
6TfXirN.png
The Sulfur Grub crawls around the underground and drops Sulfur.
kvJFHR3.png
The Pioneer will join you if you have a Detonator in your inventory.
Dynamite.png
Dynamite can now be crafted at a workbench. 2 Charcoal, 1 Sulfur, and 1 Guano make 3.
Detonator.png
If you haven't found one yet, you can craft the Detonator yourself with 5 Wood, 2 Iron, and 2 Wire at a workbench.

You can also convert Dirt to Sand at a 2:1 ratio near water.

Plans for the future: more better boom.

Thanks go to:
Re Logic - obviously
bluemagic123 & Team - for creating the tModLoader and the Example Mods

• v0.5 - updated to tModLoader v0.10, Bomb Staff added
  • v0.4 - Flashbang and Airstrike Signal Grenade added
  • v0.3 - Shaft TNT & Tunnel TNT added, balancing
  • v0.2 - added Tunneler, Boomgun and Rambow
  • v0.1.1 - reduced Sulfur Grub spawn rate, MOAB explosion radius increased
  • v0.1 - initial release

Attachments

• Boombastic0.4.zip
    74 KB · Views: 200
  • Boombastic0.5.zip
    85.1 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
Is the pioneer an explosive themed NPC? If it is, wouldn't it make more sense to expand on the already existing demolitionist instead of making a whole new NPC?

Is the pioneer an explosive themed NPC? If it is, wouldn't it make more sense to expand on the already existing demolitionist instead of making a whole new NPC?

It's a learning by doing experience for me, so I wanted to make a Town NPC myself. It also helps avoiding possible conflicts with other mods (I think).
His inventory is focused on the explosives in this mod, of course, but he has his own sprite, lines, names, and can defend himself with the blooper.

I got an request for some new gear

"Widowmaker" Armor
Demonite Bars + Tissue Samples
An ranged set of armor that gives some nice buffs to your explosives, and allows you to throw a "Venom Mine" that operates like dynamite and can inflict Toxic on any surviving foes every time you toss 5 grenades

"DeGroot" Armor
Widowmaker Armor + Suflur + Ale
An range/melee set of armor that boost explosive power, and gives you immunity to explosions!

"Talon Rifle"
10 Hellfire Bars + Illegal Gun Parts + 30 Tissue Samples
An powerful Sniper/Assault Rifle. Right-Clicking allows you to fire a single shot with a massive damage boost

"Demoman's Rifle"
Talon Rifle + M.O.A.B + Ale
An strong gun that fires Super Dynamite at a insanely fast rate with a 80% chance to not consume ammo.

"The Bombinomicon"
A mysterious tome sold by the Pioneer during the Blood Moon. Summons the very beast of explosive power...

I got an request for some new gear

"Widowmaker" Armor
Demonite Bars + Tissue Samples
An ranged set of armor that gives some nice buffs to your explosives, and allows you to throw a "Venom Mine" that operates like dynamite and can inflict Toxic on any surviving foes every time you toss 5 grenades

"DeGroot" Armor
Widowmaker Armor + Suflur + Ale
An range/melee set of armor that boost explosive power, and gives you immunity to explosions!

"Talon Rifle"
10 Hellfire Bars + Illegal Gun Parts + 30 Tissue Samples
An powerful Sniper/Assault Rifle. Right-Clicking allows you to fire a single shot with a massive damage boost

"Demoman's Rifle"
Talon Rifle + M.O.A.B + Ale
An strong gun that fires Super Dynamite at a insanely fast rate with a 80% chance to not consume ammo.

"The Bombinomicon"
A mysterious tome sold by the Pioneer during the Blood Moon. Summons the very beast of explosive power...
Thank you for your interest in my mod and that you took the time to voice your ideas on how to improve it.
Sadly, I have to inform you that I focus on realizing my own ideas, rather than working on requested items.

That said, the new update is here!
- finally added Tunnel TNT and Shaft TNTs (shaped explosions, yay!)
- bits of rebalancing

Last edited:
Thank you for your interest in my mod and that you took the time to voice your ideas on how to improve it.
Sadly, I have to inform you that I focus on realizing my own ideas, rather than working on requested items.

That said, the new update is here!
- finally added Tunnel TNT and Shaft TNTs (shaped explosions, yay!)
- bits of rebalancing

Fair, fair. It is your choice to do so, after all.

It's been a while, but I'm still working on this, so update v0.4 is out.
- added Flashbang & Airstrike Signal Grenade

The Airstrike won't do any damage for now, haven't solved that yet, but it will destroy tiles, so don't use it anywhere near your base!

Okay, I updated to the new tModLoader version, v.0.5 is out.
- updated to tModLoader v0.10
- added Bomb Staff
- Missile Battery is WIP, but currently unobtainable

I hope everything works fine, more or less, so if anything is off, please tell me.
And if anyone knows how to make a sentry not float in the air but stick to the ground, I'd love to hear, too.

Okay, I updated to the new tModLoader version, v.0.5 is out.
- updated to tModLoader v0.10
- added Bomb Staff
- Missile Battery is WIP, but currently unobtainable

I hope everything works fine, more or less, so if anything is off, please tell me.
And if anyone knows how to make a sentry not float in the air but stick to the ground, I'd love to hear, too.

How about some armor? It would be nice to have some protection against being too close to explosions
Also, have you gotten the Staff of the Frost Drake? or any of the Sentry weapons that the Tarvenkeeper sells? They can be good examples...or maybe make them into flying ranged summons? Either option can work

wow I like explosions, so naturally I would love this mod. I have a suggestion as well:
boomshot - crafted suing dynamite, a boomgun, a shotgun, and a boomstick. turns musket balls into dynamite

Back
Top Bottom