Borderlands 2

Koolguy4f

Terrarian
so if any one has played borderlands 2 then your going to know that there's ALOT of weapons. so what's your favorite? it can be a legendary or a common rarity or any rarity. personally mine is the infinity. only because when you have a corrosive one loaders go down pretty fast. ;)

Why not create a thread for Borderlands 2 itself? I would talk about favorite weapons but I'm a "whichever works for this particular area/boss" player when it comes to the Borderlands saga - weapons to me are mere tools. Except the talking weapons, which are vendor trash.

I found pretty much anything I was using to be horribly obsolete against pretty much everything I was shooting. The gun/enemy-level scaling was not done well.

That said, some of the fire-elemental sniper rifles were effective and fun. The homing, life leeching grenades also saw a lot of use.

Thread renamed to 'Borderlands 2'. In general, each game is allowed one thread and a thread devoted only to the weapons from a game doesn't really fit with that.

I loved the burst sniper rifles, especially with elemental effects, that gave me like 2-4 shots with a lot of nice damage and additional damage, due to the element.

I must say that I like the Infinity, but nothing beats a Jacobs Revolver which fires 8 shots with 1 Bullet. That's my favorite, because I use two of them as Gunzerker :)

I must say that I like the Infinity, but nothing beats a Jacobs Revolver which fires 8 shots with 1 Bullet. That's my favorite, because I use two of them as Gunzerker :)
Holy crap, the Jacobs Revolver sounds like a beast.

I think it was called Twin Shot Maggie, not sure tho right now, cause I'm not playing.

EDIT: Checked the Wiki, and it's indeed Maggie, but it's only 6-shot, and the prefix was Trick Shot, not Twin Shot. My bad.

Last edited:
Too bad pretty much all the legendaries in both BL2 and TPS suck and arent true sniper rifles.

Yeah, Legendary sniper rifles are bull:red:. "Oh hey a legendary snipe rifle, yay!" *Rifle shoots three shots in rapid succession, wasting two bulets.* "... The :red: is this I don't even-"

Anyhow, my favorite weapon type is sniper rifles.

"Up close and personal" is for people who love hearing the respawn station's quotes.

Pfft, Vladof Snipers can be CQC. Those snipers that have a base fire rate of 4.0 and a base magazine size of 30 are insane when you peck the enemy critical spots. The big disadvantage is that it burns through the ammo fast. The only other sniper I would consider late-game is a high-powered Jakobs one. Maxing out No Kill like Overkill with other buffs makes 1-hitting loaders (and actually making them literally explode) possible and it is brilliant to see things die one by one.

Also, that Vladof legendary sniper rifle is pretty good. It has no downsides in comparison to a purple rarity alternative and, at the right range, critical hits loaders three times per shot.

But my true DPS weapons were mainly Hyperion E-tech subs. Playing as a Gunzerker with the Inconcievable skill (which makes ten seconds without shooting one bullet plausible), I'd slag with my slag sniper and tear down their health with whatever elemental Hyperion E-tech sub I have. The build I had made Ulitmate Badass Nomads drop in less than a second through his shield, not around it.

Basically, Hyperion E-tech subs with insane fire rate were the beam weapons before beam weapons were a thing in BL: Pre-sequel ;)

My favorite weapon..I totally forget the name because I haven't played it in awhile. It was the shotgun that fired a sword, that after being shot, and on impact it exploded into 3 smaller swords, that exploded like grenades. I felt like such a bad A. xD

My favorite weapon..I totally forget the name because I haven't played it in awhile. It was the shotgun that fired a sword, that after being shot, and on impact it exploded into 3 smaller swords, that exploded like grenades. I felt like such a bad A. xD
The Swordplosion.

Try and get a Casual Swordsplosion, that one shoots THREE swords, with each sword exploding into three smaller swords. That weapon lasted me so long.

My favorite guns would have to be:
-Double Penetrating- Unkempt Harold : On my mechro who uses it, dear god the damage is awesome.
Florentine Seraph SMG : Shock and Slag? Count me in! This makes my life easier while also mixing with Unkempt.
Either the Deliverance (shotgun) or The :red: (SMG)

My only problem is that later on (specifically level 72/OP8) sniper rifles are absolute garbage. They hardly do any damage and the critical hit damage doesn't really affect anything. Usually the enemies regen all the damage I do with sniper rifles two seconds later.

Anyways my favorite weapons:

Unkempt Harold - Does tons of damage, especially when paired with The Bee shield.

Deliverance - Who wouldn't like a shotgun that flies around?

Ermm, I had a really good corrosive gun but I forgot what it was called. As could be expected, it can take out armored enemies extremely fast.

Florentine - The effect is extremely good and it has a relatively high DPS.
[DOUBLEPOST=1424508853][/DOUBLEPOST]
I loved the burst sniper rifles, especially with elemental effects, that gave me like 2-4 shots with a lot of nice damage and additional damage, due to the element.
I love the Dahl legendary sniper. I only had it when I was level 50, but it was awesome. Probably the best legendary sniper, in my opinion.

Say, does anyone want to play BL2 with me? My GT is OctopusRave and my highest ranked character is OP8, but I have some low level characters if you dont have an OP8 character.

I'd like to play, sadly I don't have the DLC's after Tiny Tina's. So No OP8 and fun stuff. :X
To be honest though, getting to OP8 isn't too fun as you have to grind for hours on end to get to it. I have a level 42 Gunzerker I'm leveling up and a level 38 Commando though.

I'd like to play, sadly I don't have the DLC's after Tiny Tina's. So No OP8 and fun stuff. :X
Only DLC I have for 2 is Tiny Tina's
Also, I didn't do enough farming or was lucky enough for any legendaries to drop EXCEPT Sledge's Shotgun from the Eridium Slot Machines in Tiny Tina's
Seems that I would like the Conference Call though.

Believe it or not, on of my favorite weapons is the Flakker.
I see it get a lot of hate, because (according to Bahroo) it's difficult to use, but if you can figure out how to use properly, it's a great weapon.
I'm one of the few who know how to use it properly.

I also enjoy using the Conference Call, mine had a slag element and lasted me very far into UVHM.

Back
Top Bottom