Game Mechanics [Boss] Add an enemy counter to the Celestial Pillars

Zero/One

Terrarian
One thing that can be really annoying (apart from constantly dying to the Solar Pillar) is not knowing how far you even are to completing a pillar. The wiki does show you how many enemies you need to kill for the barrier to go down but I think a Counter above the Pillar maybe could show you how many more enemies you need to kill. For example if you're playing on Normal, the counter would show 100 and every time you kill an enemy, it goes down until it gets to 0 in which the barrier goes down

Whilst this is an interesting concept, I think that you should not have used the "PC" tag, as now that all platforms are on the level playing field of 1.3, this would apply to all.

Also, the wiki does say that 100 ~ 150 are required.

One thing that can be really annoying (apart from constantly dying to the Solar Pillar) is not knowing how far you even are to completing a pillar. The wiki does show you how many enemies you need to kill for the barrier to go down but I think a Counter above the Pillar maybe could show you how many more enemies you need to kill. For example if you're playing on Normal, the counter would show 100 and every time you kill an enemy, it goes down until it gets to 0 in which the barrier goes down
Just so you know, tags are not required to make a suggestion, you can post one without. Anyways, that's a great idea and something that's been bugging me for a really long time :)

So just a quick tip if you're having trouble telling how far you're done with a pillar's shield: the shield effect actually gets weaker the more enemies you kill. Not a very precise way to check how far you are, but better than nothing. :p

That involves going to the center of the area though. Staying at the edge so you can retreat to heal is a lot easier. You need to pay attention to the effect when you kill enemies to know when the shield is down though.

This would be a nice little addition. Very useful, (speculated to be) easy to implement.

Last edited:
Well, you cannot actually state "easy to implement" as fact, as we don't really know how difficult such would be to implement. This comes under speculation.
The boss healthbar mod AND calamity were able to implement highly configurable enemy counters without even modifying the source code (because mods aren't legally allowed to do that). So it actually would be easy to do.

Mmmmm the "just because they did it means it's easy to do" argument isn't super valid. I agree with Ssnake that we can't say it as fact simply because we just don't know how these things work. But that's just me.

Mmmmm the "just because they did it means it's easy to do" argument isn't super valid. I agree with Ssnake that we can't say it as fact simply because we just don't know how these things work. But that's just me.
multiple modders were able to add it, and they didn't even have access to the source code. No matter how easy it was for modders, that means that it would be easier for red to do it because he actually can modify the source code.

Why isn't it? You can't just dub arguments invalid, can you? I hope not...
Well, we can reasonably assume that it should be easy. That doesn't mean it truly is however. We cannot assume these things in truth, because we haven't seen the code ourselves. However the argument you have made is quite valid, because it's a reasonable assumption.

Back
Top Bottom