tModLoader Boss Checklist - In-game progression checklist.

Ran into this issue when trying to tab between Loot types for Desert Scourge. I think I may have had the same issue with King Slime but cannot replicate. I do have vanity boss masks placed on item frames in the world. While that may be entirely unrelated, given their mystical properties, figured I should mention.
1581631301395.png

Probably related? This is while also using the "BeginEndPair" mod, which makes it so begin/end exceptions don't cause crashes
[19:01:38] [1/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at BossChecklist.BossLogPanel.Draw(SpriteBatch spriteBatch) in BossChecklist\BossLogUI.cs:line 296 at Terraria.UI.UIElement.DrawChildren(SpriteBatch spriteBatch) in tModLoader\Terraria.UI\UIElement.cs:line 119 at Terraria.UI.UIElement.Draw(SpriteBatch spriteBatch) in tModLoader\Terraria.UI\UIElement.cs:line 189 at BossChecklist.BossLogUI.Draw(SpriteBatch spriteBatch) in BossChecklist\BossLogUI.cs:line 1737 at Terraria.UI.UserInterface.Draw(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, GameTime time) in tModLoader\Terraria.UI\UserInterface.cs:line 267 at BossChecklist.BossChecklist.<ModifyInterfaceLayers>b__27_2() in BossChecklist.cs:line 248 at Terraria.UI.LegacyGameInterfaceLayer.DrawSelf() in tModLoader\Terraria.UI\LegacyGameInterfaceLayer.cs:line 17 at Terraria.UI.GameInterfaceLayer.Draw() in tModLoader\Terraria.UI\GameInterfaceLayer.cs:line 44 at Terraria.Main.DrawInterface(GameTime gameTime) in tModLoader\Terraria\Main.cs:line 40432 at DMD<Terraria.Main::DoDraw>(Main , GameTime ) at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in tModLoader\Terraria\Main.cs:line 57324 at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform.RunLoop(Game game) at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run() at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_() in tModLoader\Terraria\Program.cs:line 300 at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs) in tModLoader\Terraria\Program.cs:line 273 at Terraria.FNALaunch.Main(String[] args) in tModLoader\Terraria\FNALaunch.cs:line 30

When attempting to view collectables of King Slime:
[19:17:34] [1/ERROR] [BeginEndPair]: at BeginEndPair.BeginEndPair.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<e>b__1(InvalidOperationException exception, SpriteBatch dis) at DMD<Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch::Begin>(SpriteBatch , SpriteSortMode , BlendState , SamplerState , DepthStencilState , RasterizerState , Effect , Matrix ) at DMD<Terraria.Main::DoDraw>(Main , GameTime ) at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime) at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform.RunLoop(Game game) at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run() at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_() at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs) at Terraria.FNALaunch.Main(String[] args) System.InvalidOperationException: Begin has been called before calling End after the last call to Begin. Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
1581909962076.png

When attempting to view collection:
1581910021226.png

The cursor and some GUI elements disappear until either the log is closed or the loot button is toggled back. (possible but difficult with the cursor not visible)

This does not always happen for bosses that do not have collectables
1581910618830.png

Not really a fix but at least it sometimes works:
It's possible to stop the error by manually going backwards/forwards until a boss without collectibles/an unimplemented boss page appears. Clicking the Index and then selecting a boss with collectibles will then work correctly. It is also possible to exit the log completely, and click on a boss manually or next/previous boss/mini-boss/event or index/credits. Manually going fowards/backwards will cause the error again.
1581911432496.png

The above method also works with the "BeginEndPair" mod disabled.

Attached are client.log (relevant info begins at around line 5607) and enabled.json.

Attachments

• client.log
    551.8 KB · Views: 170
  • enabled.json
    1.8 KB · Views: 155
Just wanted you to know that this mod doesn't seem to like working with the Calamity Texture Pack much. Namely, when I try to open the trophy room for a boss in the boss log (the alternate loot page, standard loot page works fine), the game crashes. This was for King Slime, but I believe it happened with EoC too.
1582487349488.png

If I enable mods: Calamity Mod + Calamity Music + HERO's Mod + Cheat Sheet + Recipe Browser + Boss list
then try to enter a map, it will stop running.....

Issues with the collection portion of the loot pages should be fixed in the latest update.
I think I'm on the newest version in the mod browser and if I look at a weapon in the boss drops part, the knockback on those weapons are really weird.
I'm going to update this thread with a bit more info later on.

So who decided to ruin this mod by trying to make it look cooler while simultaneously removing 80% of the modded bosses it once supported? I'd much rather a mod look underwhelming but actually tell me what I want to know instead of the other way around. Somebody please fix this bull:red:.
All the old mods should still work on the boss checklist portion, but the boss log needs more information. You can use the checklist to see the minimal information if you still have old mods.

Hello!
I'm a big fan of your boss checklist mod, but I find a thing a little inconvenient.
In the book there is a feature that let's you skip to the next boss on your boss checklist. My problem is, that it gets stuck at bosses that I dont want to or can't do. An example would be the Preforatos or Betsy.
It would, in my opinion, be a good feature if you could skip bosses on the boss checklist so if you click on 'new bosses' you dont have to defeat betsy to see the actual next boss that is waiting to be checked of.

when viewing the checklist, whenever i click on a boss entry to see how to summon a boss, the entry closes again automatically after a short but seemingly random about of time, sometimes it just closes the instant i click on it, its very irritating

when viewing the checklist, whenever i click on a boss entry to see how to summon a boss, the entry closes again automatically after a short but seemingly random about of time, sometimes it just closes the instant i click on it, its very irritating
If this happens only in multiplayer, I might have an idea, I'll try to remember to look into it

Olá, eu tenho um problema, o MOD simplesmente desapareceu da guia terraria mod, tentei descer por aqui, mas também não funcionou, ele fechou o jogo ... o que aconteceu!?!?

Olá, eu tenho um problema, o MOD simplesmente desapareceu da guia terraria mod, tentei descer por aqui, mas também não funcionou, ele fechou o jogo ... o que aconteceu!?!?
Make sure you are on tModLoader 0.11.6.2, you should be able to find it in the mod browser

Feature request: there are a number of mods that allow you to turn expert mode on or off, and, in the book part of the mod, there are icons to indicate if you've looted all the base drops and another for all drops including vanity, an additional icon indicating if the boss was defeated on expert or normal would be fantastic 🥰

1588243091386.png

The lowest health stat for the queen bee isn't recording in my solo world, and when I went to check world stats for it the game crashed and I got this, likely because the lowest health isn't recording. I'm not getting this issue with any other boss so far. This is the only mod I have installed.

Back
Top Bottom