tModLoader Boss Cursor

Ok now I remember:

Quite a few bosses from the Ancients Awakened mod (Doesn't have a Terraria Forums page, hell I don't think even the mod owner is registered here), but there's a few bosses in that mod that fill my screen with arrows, the Equinox worms being the worst offender (all body segments on the minimap)

Ok now I remember:

Quite a few bosses from the Ancients Awakened mod (Doesn't have a Terraria Forums page, hell I don't think even the mod owner is registered here), but there's a few bosses in that mod that fill my screen with arrows, the Equinox worms being the worst offender (all body segments on the minimap)
I've added support for ancients awakened now, so hopefully it should be good to play with it now.
I've also added a hotkey to temporarily disable the cursor in case another boss adds too many cursors. So hopefully no bosses become totally unplayable untill I add support for them

Here's a funny tipe from someone who play's with a controller. When using a controller you don't need to aim. This mod is still cool though I don't need it thought.

I got a suggestion, this is for people who don't use yet another health bar OR there's multi able bosses:
add an option (or a hot key that toggles) a mini-health bar under the cursor, sometimes I want to know which boss health bar belongs to which at a distance.

Just an idea, but the whole idea of this mod is to be very minimalist as possible so I don't know if this really a good idea.

the tml 0.11.5 update breaks this mod sometimes apparently when joining a world:

Code:
Silently Caught Exception:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at Terraria.ModLoader.GlobalNPC.Instance(NPC npc)
   at Terraria.ModLoader.NPCLoader.BossHeadSlot(NPC npc, Int32& index)
   at Terraria.NPC.GetBossHeadTextureIndex()
   at BossCursor.UI.UICursorElement.<>c.<GetBosses>b__3_0(NPC npc)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereArrayIterator`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at BossCursor.UI.UICursorElement.GetBosses()
   at BossCursor.UI.UICursorElement.DrawSelf(SpriteBatch spriteBatch)

This then causes a "System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called." Exception

My game crashes whenever reloading mods and then loading a world while having this mod enabled.

Here is what my crash log says:

Terraria Crash Log.PNG

I have tested all my mods and my game only crashes when i have this mod enabled, all other mods seem to be fine.

sorry for the late response, but the problem should hopefully be fixed now in the latest version (1.4.1)

Last edited:
I really like this mod, but I wondered if you could make it so the player can enable and disable what bosses the cursor points at. It would also be cool if the cursor could point towards specific mobs, it could help with killing wyverns, mimics, and even WoF's eyes. Keep up the good work!

It's a beautiful mod, really. Thank you for it!

In your opinion, would it also be useful to have a similar cursor for Rare Lifeforms that the Rare Lifeform Analyzer can find? Like Gold Worms, a certain Bound Goblin or Mechanic that gets killed before you can actually find them? I'm sure people realize just how useful it would be to point to where the creature actually is, rather than just have something say "Okay, it's here somewhere!"
4bgWoOL.png

I am enjoying this mod and can't play without! I have one suggestion, though: Add support for minibosses? For example, you could add a whitelist to what enemies are considered "bosses". Since most minibosses don't have map icons, maybe the sprite would just be an exclamation mark?

I have implemented your suggestion, the API can both whitelist and blacklist NPCs
oh nice your back! I just noticed the mod was updated! Nice! Thank you!

This mod's curser will always be more favorite over BossHighlights/BossChecklist's curser

10/1/2021
Congrats @kgoyo today (or possibly a few days ago) Boss Curser has officially crossed the 1 million download milestone, well deserving of it too, thanks again for making a compact little mod like this!

Last edited:
Yo on Duke Fishron's 3 stage is the boss cursor still active because that kinda ruins the fight. I don't know how to disable just stage 3 on the API either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom