NPCs & Enemies [Boss] devourer of souls or spirit of chutulu

mariox222

Terrarian
so I first came on this idea when i played the game (1.1 version) and i was farming souls of night (bad old times) and soul eater appeared (easymode enemy) and he flied through soul of night and i was like thinking HEY why didnt he eated it.

1 soul of fright + 1 soul of sight + 1 soul of fright + 1 lihizard power cell(or temple key) = super tasty soul
if you drop it all soul eaters/crimeras will charge into it and eat it wich will summon the boss.
SO im not good at sprites but presure is so much high so I came up with something

AI: PHASE 1: patern 1: charges at player but without stoping stoping to redirect (not like EoC) with medium inertia for 5 seconds
patern 2: shoot cursed flames that bounces (like mourning wood) and stay on ground. DoS will not aim at player but start spining and shooting everywhere. this makes whole ground on flames. Flames give "on fire" debuf for 5 sec. Boss will do it quickly in 3 sec, that means it will shootlarge amount of flames in short period.
PHASE 2: patern 1: when boss reaches 50% of his hp his body dyes and all it lefts
is his spirit. He will charge at player with minimum inertia
he will gain small headstart about 30% more speed that will
last for 1 sec. After 7 sec of chasing player boss will shoot 20 % more flames then in phase 1 all at once and this time balls, I mean flames will be less afected by gravity giving them more chance to hit the player. boss will start chasing again with headstart.
STATS (coming soon)
DROPS (coming soon)
NOTES: DoS is fast boss that will 100% try to make contact dmg. most important thing is having good wings.
EDIT 1:- changed name from soul of chutulu (i know i spell wrong idc) to super tasty soul in order to give new players some guidelines
- added lihizard power cell to recipe
- added AI

I never though my suggestion (well now it is suggestion XD) wold reach 2 pages but I never though that I will be judged so hard for not puting anything about boss. I was going to add AI and rest anyway but i got really sick and i almost died. OK now can i ask for sprites (its not necesery but it would be nice)

Last edited:
I think it sounds like a awesome boss, maby he should drop some soul fragments (or something like that) to make new armor, tools and weapons

Details ,details , details , that's what this suggestion needs , you're suggesting this , you should give us the details too.

Its just a idea, maybe someone else can work it out
Asking someone else to do the entire job for you is an incredibly lazy way to approach making suggestions. Keep that in mind. The more effort you put into a suggestion, the more likely people will appreciate it, garnering the community support that developers look for when searching for suggestions to implement.

This "suggestion" contains almost no content at all. It doesn't even qualify as a complete thought, and would have to be completely rewritten... no, built up from ground zero, to be even worth looking at.

Also, cthulhu* cthulu* either one is fine except for chutulu

This idea, it needs so much more work to it
Stats?
AI?
Does it give us anything worth our time?

So what about this you ad these souls together and then if you feed it to the aforementioned monsters it summons a boss. The boss could then drop Chtulu Soul chips with these soul chips you could make a mini Chtulu summoning staff, Chtulu armor (Best summoning armor in the game or something of that sort) And possibly something like The Spear of Chtulu which could be added to the Terra Blade to make..... THE GLAVE OF TERRARIA or something like that. At least those kind of details.[DOUBLEPOST=1413322499][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also, cthulhu* cthulu* either one is fine except for chutulu

This idea, it needs so much more work to it
Stats?
AI?
Does it give us anything worth our time?
Oh yeah..... sorry, I posted that idea right before you reminded me of the spelling :/

Original idea for summoning a boss that isn't detailed in any way. What are its stats? Its attack patterns? Drops? Some sort of description? Details are required, but I like the summoning method.
Also please no cthulhu suggestions, perhaps think of an original name before jumping on the cthulhu bandwagon.

Original idea for summoning a boss that isn't detailed in any way. What are its stats? Its attack patterns? Drops? Some sort of description? Details are required, but I like the summoning method.
Also please no cthulhu suggestions, perhaps think of an original name before jumping on the cthulhu bandwagon.

I'm not, I was replying in kind with the original post in which he called it the Soul of Cthulhu. I personally don't get why everyone like the whole Cthulhu theme its the weakest boss in the game for one thing.
As for the stats that is one thing I am really terrible at and I did not want to make it sound to absurd.

I'm not, I was replying in kind with the original post in which he called it the Soul of Cthulhu. I personally don't get why everyone like the whole Cthulhu theme its the weakest boss in the game for one thing.
As for the stats that is one thing I am really terrible at and I did not want to make it sound to absurd.
He's replying to the OP.

Back
Top Bottom