NPCs & Enemies Boss: Dissapeared Younger Brother

SkyWolf

Terrarian
Well another post, this time I will suggest another boss, his name is "Dissapeared Younger Brother".

Dissapeared Younger Brother is... Your dissapeared younger brother (duh), but being "younger" doesn't means that he will be more weaker than you.

SUMMONING:
For summon your brother you will need the "Very familiar rag doll" made in a Corruption/Crimson altar, its recipe is:
- Familiar clothes (Wig, Shirt and Pants)
- Familiar essence (Some type of blue fire, dropped by Skeletron Prime with 5% chance)
- 3 rag (dropped by Skeletons with 2% chance)
- Player voodo doll ( Made with a copper pickaxe, copper sword and 6 silk)

Also, for summon the boss you will have to defeat the 3 mechanical bosses, Plantera and Golem.
When you summon him a message will appear:
"Do you remember your dissapeared brother...?" (30 seconds left) "Well... He has grown and he's coming for you" (And the battle starts)

BOSS BEHAVIOUR:

He will see like your own character, the hair will be a little bit darker (if it is black it will be a little bit lighter :v) and the clothes will be totally different.

HP: Your life x 50 (Example: Your life is 100, his life will be 5000 or if your life is 500 he will have 25000)...
ATTACK: He will use THE SAME weapon you are using in that moment and his attack will be 1/2 more than your weapon (Example: You are using Meowmere, which have 200 of attack, he will have 300 attack) and if you are not using weapon he will have 30 attack points, ALSO, if you have minions he will have the double of minions than you with the same attack, if you don't have minions he will not have minions...
DEFENSE: He will have 1/2 more defense than yours (Example, if you have 10 defense he will have 20 defense) and if you don't have defense he will have 10 defense points...

FIRST AND LAST PHASE: He only has ONE phase which is... Attack you with your own weapons, and he will use two hooks for moving through complicated places, if you have vampire knives he can stole life, if you have a Horseman's Blade if he attacks you the flaming pumpkings will attack you, if you are using TerraBlade he can throw you beams... Anyway, if you battle with him too weakly he will be weakly, but it will be more hard for you, if you battle with him too strong he will be strong like you, so... Good Luck

You would be wondering... If he has everything that you use and he is stronger than you, being your own youngest brother... Why is he so rude?... Well that is because he is the brother of the "hero" of terraria, the brother of the person who killed all (or the most) bosses of terraria...

DROPS:
-5 Souls of pain (100%) (Pain because you actually KILLED your brother)
Souls of pain are used to upgrade your weapons on an anvil and make them more stronger (adding them 1/2 damage, as your brother did)
-Your brother trophy (10%) Which is your brother's head and says: "You are a HORRIBLE person"
-Player's voodo doll (5%) This is used to summon "Disappeared younger brother" again, using it will kill you and you will appear in your bed (If you are in hardcore you don't really die)

And... Wel... That's it, hope you like it

So... if I hold a wooden hammer, he'll do three damage. Which I can then hold as I lead him into a pit of lava or wired traps or whatever.

Alright, just railing through all the problems that immediately come to mind- multiplayer, lack of decent drops, pain doesn't rhyme with 'ight'-, easy to exploit.

Also, adding family members to a game where your character is a blank slate? Yeah... maybe not mechanically a problem but most games about exploration blatantly avoid having any sort of family ties that the player doesn't get to choose. Considering Terraria's track record, I see no reason to suddenly start creating shadows of the past.

Well another post, this time I will suggest another boss, his name is "Dissapeared Younger Brother". The name is spelled wrong and literally makes no sense. "Disappeared" isn't an adjective.

Dissapeared Younger Brother is... Your dissapeared younger brother (duh), but being "younger" doesn't means that he will be more weaker than you. Grammar. :L

SUMMONING:
For summon your brother you will need the "Very familiar rag doll" made in a Corruption/Crimson altar, its recipe is:
- Familiar essence (Some type of blue fire, dropped by Skeletron Prime with 5% chance)

Also, for summon the boss you will have to defeat the 3 mechanical bosses, Plantera and Golem. The mechanical bosses are prerequisites of plantera, and plantera is a prerequisite of the golem. Also if you want it to be post-golem then add post-golem items to the "Very familiar rag doll"
"Do you remember your dissapeared brother...?" (30 seconds left) "Well... He has grown and he's coming for you" (And the battle starts)

BOSS BEHAVIOUR:

He will see like your own character, the hair will be a little bit darker (if it is black it will be a little bit lighter :v) and the clothes will be totally different. He will "see" like my own character? Anyways, this part isn't very descriptive and has many issues.

HP: Your life x 50 (Example: Your life is 100, his life will be 5000 or if your life is 500 he will have 25000)...
ATTACK: He will use THE SAME weapon you are using in that moment and his attack will be 1/2 more than your weapon (Example: You are using Meowmere, which have 200 of attack, he will have 300 attack) and if you are not using weapon he will have 30 attack points, ALSO, if you have minions he will have the double of minions than you with the same attack, if you don't have minions he will not have minions...
What if you use an incredibly weak weapon? What if you use a magic-missile type weapon? What if you DONT use a weapon? Having the enemy be able to use your weapon has so many faults and issues.

DEFENSE: He will have 1/2 more defense than yours (Example, if you have 10 defense he will have 20 defense) and if you don't have defense he will have 10 defense points... If he has 1/2 more defense than you it would be 15 defense, not 20.

FIRST AND LAST PHASE: He only has ONE phase which is... Attack you with your own weapons, and he will use two hooks for moving through complicated places, if you have vampire knives he can stole life, if you have a Horseman's Blade if he attacks you the flaming pumpkings will attack you, if you are using TerraBlade he can throw you beams... Anyway, if you battle with him too weakly he will be weakly, but it will be more hard for you, if you battle with him too strong he will be strong like you, so... Good Luck "Moving through complicated places"? So basically this thing needs extremely intelligent AI? This boss would require a ridiculous amount of coding.

You would be wondering... If he has everything that you use and he is stronger than you, being your own youngest brother... Why is he so rude?... Well that is because he is the brother of the "hero" of terraria, the brother of the person who killed all (or the most) bosses of terraria... So... what... my "little brother" is jealous of me?

DROPS:
-5 Souls of pain (100%) (Pain because you actually KILLED your brother)
Souls of pain are used to upgrade your weapons on an anvil and make them more stronger (adding them 1/2 damage, as your brother did) Since you seem to mean that it doubles the damage, using even just one would make any weapon extremely overpowered. Also, all souls end with -ight.
-Your brother trophy (10%) Which is your brother's head and says: "You are a HORRIBLE person" This isn't exactly terraria-appropriate.
-Player's voodo doll (5%) This is used to summon "Disappeared younger brother" again, using it will kill you and you will appear in your bed (If you are in hardcore you don't really die) What is this part even about?

Replies in green.

Overall, while I know that just about everyone who is new to the forums makes a suggestion like this, I'd like to say that the "hero of terraria" is basically a clean slate as said by @LoM2, and thus shouldn't have a brother.

Well another post, this time I will suggest another boss, his name is "Dissapeared Younger Brother". The name is ridiculous. And as Snailsy said, grammar is important.

Dissapeared Younger Brother is... Your dissapeared younger brother (duh), but being "younger" doesn't means that he will be more weaker than you. That was information that I did not need.

SUMMONING:
Nobody wants another item crafted at an altar. Unnecesary ingredients.
Also, for summon the boss you will have to defeat the 3 mechanical bosses, Plantera and Golem.
"Do you remember your dissapeared brother...?" (30 seconds left) "Well... He has grown and he's coming for you" (And the battle starts) This sounds like something from a poorly translated Japenese Cartoon.

BOSS BEHAVIOUR:
"U" in behavior?
He will see like your own character, the hair will be a little bit darker (if it is black it will be a little bit lighter :v) and the clothes will be totally different.

DEFENSE: He will have 1/2 more defense than yours (Example, if you have 10 defense he will have 20 defense) and if you don't have defense he will have 10 defense points...

This is highly exploitable, an would be nearly impossible to kill WITHOUT exploits.

FIRST AND LAST PHASE: He only has ONE phase which is... Attack you with your own weapons, and he will use two hooks for moving through complicated places, if you have vampire knives he can stole life, if you have a Horseman's Blade if he attacks you the flaming pumpkings will attack you, if you are using TerraBlade he can throw you beams... Anyway, if you battle with him too weakly he will be weakly, but it will be more hard for you, if you battle with him too strong he will be strong like you, so... Good Luck

You would be wondering... If he has everything that you use and he is stronger than you, being your own youngest brother... Why is he so rude?... Well that is because he is the brother of the "hero" of terraria, the brother of the person who killed all (or the most) bosses of terraria...
I don't actually care about the motives of the monsters im fighting in a video game. That's what the literature section is for.
DROPS:
-5 Souls of pain (100%) (Pain because you actually KILLED your brother) Homocidals dont feel pain. Besides, he tried to kill the player in the first place.
Souls of pain are used to upgrade your weapons on an anvil and make them more stronger (adding them 1/2 damage, as your brother did) Thanks for the thousands of unneeded crafting recipes.
-Your brother trophy (10%) Which is your brother's head and says: "You are a HORRIBLE person" Disgusting, not horrible. It should also drop a free M rating...
-Player's voodo doll (5%) This is used to summon "Disappeared younger brother" again, using it will kill you and you will appear in your bed (If you are in hardcore you don't really die)

Responses in italics.

Don't feel bad, by the way, we all have our "below average" first suggestions, right?

EDIT: It seems that my entire quote was in italics. Silly me!

In my opinion this is way too hard. He's basically just you but stronger, which would make it extremely unbalanced and would practically require for you to play multiplayer. Which brings me to another issue, how would he work in multiplayer? Would he copy the weapons of every player at the same time? I like the idea of player-like enemies but this is just way over the top.

Back
Top Bottom