• Lunatic Cultist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moon Lord

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pigman Δ

Retinazer
Don't vote EoW, BoC or Queen Bee. I already have them down but it doesn't seem to let you discard choices.

Hi!
This is my idea for something that could be implemented to help mapmakers.
This is my first post so it probably isn't very good. -_-
These are my first sprites too, so they're definitely bad. :)
So without further ado.....

BOSS DOORS!

These incredibly useful contraptions are only openable when their respective boss has been downed.
I will add more in the future but I currently have:

This is unlocked when King Slime (aka the guy who says he's easier than eyeball but he's far harder) has been defeated in the world.
New Piskel (2).gif

Recipe:
  • Gel (50)
  • Slime Crown
  • Iron/Lead Door
at Altar

This is unlocked when the Eye of Cthulhu (aka the normal mode joke) has been defeated.
New Piskel (1).gif

Recipe:
  • Lens (3)
  • Demonite/Crimtane Bar (10)
  • Suspicious Looking Eye
  • Iron/Lead Door
at Altar

This is unlocked when the Eater of Worlds (aka even more of a joke than the eye) is defeated.
New Piskel (1).gif

Recipe:
  • Rotten Chunk (10)
  • Demonite Bar (20)
  • Shadow Scale (30)
  • Suspicious Looking Worm
  • Iron/Lead Door
at Altar

This is unlocked when the Brain of Cthulhu (aka needs a nerf or eow needs a buff) has been defeated.
New Piskel (1).gif

Recipe:
  • Vertebrae (10)
  • Crimtane Bar (20)
  • Tissue Sample (30)
  • Bloody Spine
  • Iron/Lead Door
at Altar

This is Skeletron's (aka far too eezy) door.
New Piskel.gif

Recipe:
  • Bone (50)
  • Clothier Voodoo Doll
  • Iron/Lead Door
at Altar

This door belongs to Queen Bee (aka an actually balanced boss)
New Piskel (1).gif

Recipe:
  • Honey Bottle (3)
  • Honey Block (10)
  • Stinger (5)
  • Bee Wax (20)
  • Abeemination
  • Iron/Lead Door
at Altar

For Wall of Flesh.
New Piskel (3).gif

Recipe:
  • Hellstone Bar (15)
  • Cobalt/Palladium Bar (5)
  • Guide Voodoo Doll
  • Iron/Lead Door
at Altar

Yeah I know there's probably not going to be any new features so this is probably in vain. :merchantsigh:
EDIT 1: I'm stupid, the gifs weren't showing. Oof.
EDIT 2: Added Wall of Flesh door.
EDIT 3: Added WoF door recipe.
EDIT 4: Added this changelog.
EDIT 5: Spoilerified the post for organisation.
EDIT 6: Added a poll! Please vote for who you want to be next.
EDIT 7: Added EoW.
EDIT 8: Added BoC.
EDIT 9: Added Queen Bee and crafting stations.

Last edited:
These would be really interesting for adventure maps!

I do think though the "locked" version could have some sort of other indicator than red lines? (and not sure if it actually needs open sprites in its locked form, since you can't open that, right?
They also don't really tell right now, in their locked form, what boss needs to be defeated for them to open? is that intentional?

These would be really interesting for adventure maps!
Thanks!
I do think though the "locked" version could have some sort of other indicator than red lines?
Maybe... what do you suggest?
They also don't really tell right now, in their locked form, what boss needs to be defeated for them to open? is that intentional?
I guess you could add a sign... It's kinda hard to fit a boss head on a closed door (so thin!) Maybe make the boss head appear on the cursor when you hover over the locked one?
(and not sure if it actually needs open sprites in its locked form, since you can't open that, right?)
Oof, yes, never mind. It'll be a placeholder (unplaceable in normal gameplay, placeable in TEdit) for consistency.

Well, dunno, what about things on the temple's door when locked? would that work here too?

And, yes, they are thin, I agree. I wonder how would it be possible to code that boss heads appear when you hover over it with the cursor? but I guess that could work.

I wonder how would it be possible to code that boss heads appear when you hover over it with the cursor? but I guess that could work.
Pretty easy, i'd imagine.
*points to all items being stuck to the cursor when you pick them up from inv*

Oh. I thought they would be wall decorations that can be used to enter a dynamically generated room with the boos inside, and that break once you defeat the boss and get spit back into the world along any items left inside the room.

This would be definitely easier to make. But why stopping with doors? Why not furniture sets?

Huh? It's doors that are locked unless their boss has been defeated (for adventure maps). How do you suggest making furniture? Just decor?
wall decorations that can be used to enter a dynamically generated room with the boos inside, and that break once you defeat the boss and get spit back into the world
EDIT: That would be sort of possible with a tele and one of these....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom