Game Mechanics Boss essence

Ya?

• Ya

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Naw

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Now then, I think boss farming for rare drops sucks. So what if bosses dropped "essences" that would make the drops (without other items), with a few exeptions.

EoC and evil boss still use crimtane and demonite for crafting with other sources
Mech bosses are unnafacted except trophy and mask
Wof still drops pwnhammer
Plantera still drops temple key
Moon lord still drops luminite
Expert mode items are unaffected

The mask and trophy would be crafted this way, because what shows more dominance, luck or having so much power over them you use there essence for decoration?

Crafting stations
Pre-Wof/Wof- anvil
Hardmode- Hardmode anvil
Moon lord- Ancient Manipulator

Last edited:
I would like this, at least for Moon Lord. I don't see it as much of an issue for the other bosses, but since it takes so long to even fight Moonlord, you could be fighting him 10+ times to get the item you'd like (I sure know I did)

I would like this, at least for Moon Lord. I don't see it as much of an issue for the other bosses, but since it takes so long to even fight Moonlord, you could be fighting him 10+ times to get the item you'd like (I sure know I did)
Trophies, Masks, Skeletron, Queen bee, Golem, WoF, Plantera, Duke fishron, And pets would like to disagree

Last edited:
Aa13873 said:
Trophies, Masks, Skeletron, Queen bee, Golem, WoF, Plantera, Duke fishron, And pets would like to disagree

The difference is that it doesn't take 20 minutes to summon one or two of them. Once late enough in the game, you can get any of these reliably, minus some of the pets.

I think Trophies and masks should be kept as a rare drop from the bosses, because they don't necessarily hinder or progress your playthrough if you don't get them (compared to some rare weapon drops from bosses), and by their design, they're made hard to get because you really have to fight a boss a lot to show that you can get it's trophy + mask.

Back
Top Bottom