tModLoader Boss Expertise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I play Expert Mode regularly, but it's clear that the entire game was balanced around the normal difficulty. Thus, you can get killed from 1 dart, 1 javelin, one stunlock or one hit from the super-fast flailing Skeletron.

I'm glad this mod exists, as the AI is improved while still retaining the stats they should have.

The Demon Heart doesn't work on Normal Mode. I tried using it but the Demon Heart wouldn't work unless Expert Mode was enabled.

I don't know if it might be a glitch or not but me and my friend are using this on our modded server and it has turned or world into expert when we started it Normal. SO I don't know if that is a glitch but you might wanna check it out.

I don't know if it might be a glitch or not but me and my friend are using this on our modded server and it has turned or world into expert when we started it Normal. SO I don't know if that is a glitch but you might wanna check it out.
That is weird... I have not tested this mod on servers, so I'll have to look into it.
To temporarily fix it though, you can type in /expert in chat and it should reset the world back to Normal Mode.

Could it be possible to make a work-around so the Demon Heart would work on Normal Mode?
I'll try my best, though I can't guarantee anything.
If I won't be able to do it then I'll probably just change the WoF Treasure Bag drop to something else if you're in Normal Mode.

Brain of Cthulhu is still using it's normal AI in single player (no illusions and stuff) and doesn't go into it's second stage in multiplayer (stays invulnerable even after killing all the creepers). Didn't test if it's caused by this mod in particular, but since it is the only mod that does something with default bosses except adding more drops...

Just released v2.3!
  • The config file now uses the JSON format, just like the regular Terraria options (I'll update the guide on how to change config options soon).
    • The mod will automatically convert your old configs to the new format.
  • Added new optional feature: Demon Heart works in Normal Mode (@Raulzus).
  • The Cheat Sheet expert mode button now plays a sound when clicked and also shows a chat message.
  • The /expert command now has new text if you try to switch to Normal/Expert mode when the world is already in that mode.
Brain of Cthulhu is still using it's normal AI in single player (no illusions and stuff) and doesn't go into it's second stage in multiplayer (stays invulnerable even after killing all the creepers). Didn't test if it's caused by this mod in particular, but since it is the only mod that does something with default bosses except adding more drops...

I'm pretty sure the BoC doesn't give you illusions until the 2nd stage of the battle.
But the fact that it never enters the 2nd stage is really weird, I'll look into it.

Much appreciated.
What I meant to say is that BoC is working in singleplayer, but it completely ignores this mod (has normal AI and no illusions). Not going into the second stage is multiplayer-only issue. Could be tModLoader though, because I still see bug reports about bosses working wrong in other mods.

I just checked your source code. I'd assume you'd need to sync the changes your mod makes to Expert mode. If the client and server have different values for Main.expertMode, the behaviors of the ai being simulated on the server and client will be off.

I just checked your source code. I'd assume you'd need to sync the changes your mod makes to Expert mode. If the client and server have different values for Main.expertMode, the behaviors of the ai being simulated on the server and client will be off.
Thank you for pointing that out! I'm really not familiar with making multiplayer-friendly mods.

v2.3.2 is out! Sorry for the long delay, but this update should fix some issues with multiplayer. I also disabled the "Reading config..." message in the log to avoid spam and added a tiny easter egg (originally this was just me testing stuff, but I decided to include it in this mod as another config option... Enjoy!).

I'm thinking of merging this (as well as the Dye Easy thread) into the "Vanilla Tweaks + other little tweak mods" thread. Is everyone OK with that?

Edit: done. This thread has been merged into the Vanilla Tweaks thread (you voted for this in the Dye Easy thread).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom