tModLoader Boss Highlights

If the Boss Log were to have a hotkey to open with, what should be its default key?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheepish Shepherd

Official Terrarian
Boss Highlights

icon2.png

Boss Checklist and Boss Highlights are now the same mod!
tModLoader - Boss Checklist - In-game progression checklist.

Jackalope_Item.png Click here for Mod Support Jackalope_Item.png

All features listed are currently in Boss Checklist

Weather_Radio.png
Despawning messages in chat

A message will appear in chat notifying the player(s) that a boss has despawned. No more wondering if the boss has despawned or not; now you will KNOW as soon as it happens. Each boss despawn message has unique flavor-text to them, including special cases, such as the bosses leaving upon sun rise. Other messages include destroying lunar pillars and blood moon type events when ending.

sunriseseyedieses.png

Trifold_Map.png
Item map detection

Treasure bags and pillar fragments are highlighted on the full-screen map.

ItemMapping.gif

Stopwatch.png
Respawn Timer

While dead, players can see how much time is left before they respawn. The last three seconds will have sound indicators.

RespawnTimer.gif

Radar.png
Boss Radar
Bosses that are not on screen will show a directional icon on the edge of the screen
Arrow is green when the boss is inline of sight and becomes red when the opposite occurs

radar.png

BossLogClosed.png
Boss Log

The Boss Log is a new UI that provides information on bosses, including modded ones if supported! Its features include:

Improved Boss Checklist
See which bosses have been defeated and which boss is next. Split into 2, prehardmode and hardmode for your convenience. If you have obtained all of a boss's loot or collectibles you will have a brown chest or a gold star appear next to the boss's name, respectively. If BOTH loot and collectibles have all been acquired, a Gold Chest will take this place. Click on the names to jump to the boss's page. There are plenty of configs and filters to customize the table of contents!​

TableOfContents.png

Boss Pages
Each boss page includes many features. On the left you will see the boss, its name, whether its been defeated or not in your current world, and which mod the boss comes from (or Vanilla Terraria) as well as a portrait and head icon. The portrait and head icon can optionally be blackened out if unavailable or undefeated.​
BossDisplay.png

Records
Ever wanted to know how fast you can defeat the MoonLord? or see if you can beat Skeletron Prime going untouched? Or maybe you just like seeing how many times you killed a boss mercilessly. Well the boss log now records these statistics! Statistics include: Kills Death Ratio, Fastest time to killing a boss, lowest health youve been in a boss fight, longest time without being damaged, and how many hits you've taken. By default you can see your personal stats that are bound to the character. You can swap to a World Record page to show the best records made on this world only (Great for Multiplayer!). Underneath your best record, it can show you your last fight attempt, showing how close you were to breaking a new record. If get a new record, it will show what your original record was.​
RecordDisplay.png
WorldRecordDisplay.png

For events, records are replaced with kill counts of the enemies from the event. Hover over a banner to see the number of kills on that enemy. If the kill count if enough to give a banner, it will appear in full rather than faded.

EventDisplay.png

Spawn Item
A description of how to summon a boss can be found under Spawn Info, as well as all possible ways to craft a summoner item for the boss. Recipes show which mod adds them and can cycle through alternative recipes and other summon items.​

SpawnItemDisplay.png

Loot Tables
Displays the loot a boss can drop, and if obtained by the player, it gets "checked off". Expert items will always appear first. If the world is not in expert mode, the slot will show an X and hovering over it will tell the user that the item in unobtainable. (A flaw in this is that it is not automated and that other mods must add in their loot with a call. I'm hoping proper automatic loot tables will become easily accessible later in the mod's future)​

LootDisplay.png

Collectibles
Bosses have neat collectible items that have a chance of dropping. There will be a checklist for these items. Collectibles include the boss mask, the boss trophy, and the boss music box. Upon collecting these items, they will appear in the display above them. If multiple trophies/masks/boxes exist, it will cycle through them in the display every ~4 seconds. Modded collectibles can be added via call, so be sure to let your favorite mods know!​

CollectionDisplay.png

icon_faded.png

• Added boss despawn messages
  • Added event ending messages
  • Added map icons for treasure bags and pillar fragments
  • Added respawn timer with sound indications for the last 3 seconds
  • Github intergration
  • New icon
  • Mod name changed to "Boss Highlights", due to confusion where some players thought it was helping players kill bosses easier
  • Discord server released!

• Added Mod Support! Add your own unique messages when you boss despawns! (Find out how on the homepage)
  • Added boss limb kill messages for: Skeletron, Skeletron Prime, Twins, and Golem (Moon Lord has issues)

• Fixed Moon Lord despawn message appearing when defeated
  • Fixed Moon Lord despawn message appearing for all of his limbs
  • Fixed Martian Saucer counting towards the list of despawn messages
  • Fixed a bug in multiplayer, where thrown items had two map locations
  • Fixed Eater of Worlds not having despawn messages
  • Changed variables needed for modded fragments to work on the map
  • Added Shadow Scales and Tissue Samples to the item map
  • Fixed a game-crashing bug with Tissue Samples and Shadow Scales being drawn on the map
  • New Icon
  • Added Boss Radar
  • Added Boss Log
    • Added Player Records
    • Added Boss Checklist
    • Added Loot Tables [Unfinished. Hope to work on it more later]
    • Added Collections
  • Fixed worm bosses spamming their messages in chat
  • Fixed dictionary error messages
  • Improved respawn timer font
  • Fixed Boss Log dropping frames every time its opened
  • Fixed crashes involving Boss Radar (let me know if you are still running into any issues)
  • Removed debugging texts (Whoops. Sorry bout that)
  • "Thanks for playing" text now only appears on new characters once and is no longer shown in MP.
  • Added multiplayer support, mainly for records
  • Fixed some records not calculating properly in multiplayer
  • Fixed scroll bar for Table of Contents not showing the last entry
  • Fixed errors with multi-segmented boss entries
  • Mod features integrated into Boss Checklist
  • Mod now depends on Boss Checklist
  • Mod now auto-disables and notifies user of integration
Hopefully allow loot tables to be a proper full list of items that could be dropped
Allow cross mod content for collections

Last edited:
An actual message for despawning... talk about something I never knew I wanted, and now can't fathom how it wasn't there all along.

As far as despawning specifics, I assume you can identify when the player goes "out of bounds" for certain bosses, specifically some modded bosses. Extremely useful!

Thanks for sharing these gems with us. :)

for some reason this mod freezes us in place for about 15 seconds when we defeat a boss? we can't pick up items, use treasure bags, ect.

for some reason this mod freezes us in place for about 15 seconds when we defeat a boss? we can't pick up items, use treasure bags, ect.
Which mods are you using along with Boss Highlights? Is this multiplayer and does it happen to only modded bosses or vanilla ones too?

It seems to be multiplayer only, and it's after killing any boss, I've done Skeletron, Eye of Cthulhu, Brain of Cthulhu, and Queen Bee, and every time, when the boss is defeated, we get the "Frozen" debuff and can't do anything.
My list of mods from enabled.json is:

"WingSlot",
"WMITF",
"Unleveled",
"GoldensMisc",
"WorldGenPreviewer",
"XItemStats",
"Leveled",
"ItemCustomizer",
"SecretDyes",
"ArmorHairDye",
"DiscordRP",
"ShaderLib",
"DyeEasy",
"ReducedGrinding",
"DNIWpnUpgr",
"Galium",
"Necessories",
"FKTModSettings",
"InstantRespawn",
"BossAssist",
"MoreAccessories",
"OmniSwing",
"FKBossHealthBar",
"RecipeBrowser",
"CPSMod",
"HelpfulHotkeys",
"AlwaysScope",
"BetterBuffs",
"BossExpertise",
"DALib",
"TerrariaHooks",
"MeleeToThrow",
"TerrariaTweaks",
"ItemChecklist",
"CheatSheet",
"FullHealthRespawn",
"ElementalBoots",
"Fishing3"

It seems to be multiplayer only, and it's after killing any boss, I've done Skeletron, Eye of Cthulhu, Brain of Cthulhu, and Queen Bee, and every time, when the boss is defeated, we get the "Frozen" debuff and can't do anything.
That is quite a lot of mods. Are you sure its my mod causing the issues? Have you tried disabling my mod and attempt a boss fight again to see if you still have issues? Nothing in my code should give you a freezing buff or make you unable to pick up items.

Last edited:
How about some statistic at the end of boss fight.
How many damage each player did, how many deaths, how long, how much heal, mana potions,..
Some small tab could appear and if the player want can click on it to view the stats.

evening fellas. first of all, I play this mod multiplayer everyday with my friends and it is very useful. and no it doesnt freeze us in place after a boss, so its not this mod for sure, it is working flawlessly.
one problem is that when we defeat eater of worlds or any sort of "worm" boss with a lot of segments, it tells you something like "this boss is no longer after you" for each segment. so about 20 times in the chat. not that big of a deal and it was probably reported before. just helping out aint it. anyways have a good day my man

evening fellas. first of all, I play this mod multiplayer everyday with my friends and it is very useful. and no it doesnt freeze us in place after a boss, so its not this mod for sure, it is working flawlessly.
one problem is that when we defeat eater of worlds or any sort of "worm" boss with a lot of segments, it tells you something like "this boss is no longer after you" for each segment. so about 20 times in the chat. not that big of a deal and it was probably reported before. just helping out aint it. anyways have a good day my man
Im not sure how that is occurring. The eater of worlds shouldn't be using a despawn message at all actually, since its not a boss until the final segment is revealed. Im currently looking into this and will hopefully have it fixed next patch.

If you could provide a video or something of your experience happening in game, that would be helpful.

Last edited:
So, Sheepish Shepherd, ever find a fix for that issue with the Eater of Worlds?
Every time I killed off any worm that spawned off the main one, it would spam me with a "Eater of Worlds is no longer after you..." message...

Because this is not so nice to be spammed with:
5zfJieD.jpg

[Shameful and Bulky are prefixes added in by another mod, but it still spams me regardless if I uninstall the other mods or not...]

Currently Available:
  • Despawning messages in chat
A message will appear in chat notifying the player(s) that a boss has despawned. No more wondering if the boss has despawned or not; now you will KNOW as soon as it happens. Each boss despawn message has unique flavor-text to them, including special cases, such as the bosses leaving upon sun rise. Other messages include destroying lunar pillars and blood moon type events when ending.

View attachment 208862
  • Item map detection
Treasure bags and pillar fragments are highlighted on the full-screen map.

View attachment 211625
  • Respawn Timer
While dead, players can see how much time is left before they respawn. The last three seconds will have sound indicators.

View attachment 211627

Future Content:

View attachment 213869 Boss Log Coming soon! (Statistics and more)
  • Left click to see an improved boss checklist (may include more stuff if Boss Checklist mod is enabled)
  • Right click to see the next undefeated boss
  • Records fastest time of defeating bosses
  • Records how many times you've died while that boss was active
  • Craft consumable SUPER boss spawners to spawn them at will (has a price to summon)
  • Bosses summoned in at night will spawn at midnight
Suggestions are welcome.
This is awesome, but it is the despawn message spams when I fight eater of worlds and the desert scourge (calamity mod), and it's probably the same with the destroyer and and other modded worm bosses.

So, Sheepish Shepherd, ever find a fix for that issue with the Eater of Worlds?
Every time I killed off any worm that spawned off the main one, it would spam me with a "Eater of Worlds is no longer after you..." message...

Because this is not so nice to be spammed with:
[Shameful and Bulky are prefixes added in by another mod, but it still spams me regardless if I uninstall the other mods or not...]

This is awesome, but it is the despawn message spams when I fight eater of worlds and the desert scourge (calamity mod), and it's probably the same with the destroyer and and other modded worm bosses.

I have looked into it more and found the issue. It has been fixed for next patch (dont know when itll be though).

BIG UPDATE OUT NOW! After long work and tweaking for perfection, the update is finished! Please notify me of any bugs you come across, either here or on my discord.

v1.0.0
[4/27/2019]

• New Icon
• Added Boss Radar
• Added Boss Log
• Added Player Records
• Added Boss Checklist
• Added Loot Tables [Unfinished. Hope to work on it more later]
• Added Collections
• Fixed worm bosses spamming their messages in chat
• Fixed dictionary error messages
• Fixed some multiplayer issues
• Improved respawn timer font

Will be on the ModBrowser shortly after this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom