tModLoader Boss Highlights

If the Boss Log were to have a hotkey to open with, what should be its default key?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to do a play-through with a couple of friends soon and I noticed a glitch with the Boss Log during testing. Right now we're going to use both Spirit and Thorium and I noticed that only the Thorium bosses appear in the boss log. They appear in Boss Checklist, which I have used in the past. I'm not good at coding but I'd guess there is some error in combining the boss data from both mods. I have attached screenshots of the boss log and Boss Checklist window that were taken at the same time.
1575551243657.png

1575551265758.png

I'm going to do a play-through with a couple of friends soon and I noticed a glitch with the Boss Log during testing. Right now we're going to use both Spirit and Thorium and I noticed that only the Thorium bosses appear in the boss log. They appear in Boss Checklist, which I have used in the past. I'm not good at coding but I'd guess there is some error in combining the boss data from both mods. I have attached screenshots of the boss log and Boss Checklist window that were taken at the same time.View attachment 230813
View attachment 230814
Both Spirit Mod and Thorium have added mod support for BossChecklist, but only Thorium has added mod support for Boss Highlights. However this will soon change once BossChecklist and Boss Highlights merge. Would be nice to inform any mods of upcoming additions to bosschecklist once it updates ;)

Suggestions :
Would it be possible to add a new optional section/page on the boss section especially for text ?
A place a to dump all the boss lore most mods have that people won't read because its in a forum post or in a random item.
Right now, its unnecessary since the mods supported aren't lore heavy. But, it could help in the future when more lore heavy mods are supported aka most mods.

Could the droprate% and quantity of items be shown on the bosses loot section ? This would also help in the future when modded items get supported.

Suggestions :
Would it be possible to add a new optional section/page on the boss section especially for text ?
A place a to dump all the boss lore most mods have that people won't read because its in a forum post or in a random item.
Right now, its unnecessary since the mods supported aren't lore heavy. But, it could help in the future when more lore heavy mods are supported aka most mods.

Could the droprate% and quantity of items be shown on the bosses loot section ? This would also help in the future when modded items get supported.
That wouldn't be worth it when the bestiary will happen in 1.4

If it wasn't clear already, Boss Highlights and Boss Checklist have combined into one mod. Mod developers should update their mods calls to adjust to the new features. The feature list has been somewhat updated. Any questions or concerns can be asked on the Boss Checklist forum page or discord.

Can u update this mod? I rlly want it but it's not up to date with my Tmodloader. It's looks rlly great and would be a lot of help! Thanks!
And also for the defualt hotkey button it should be /.

Last edited:
It's been integrated into boss checklist
So it's just boss checklist? I mean like is the mod still set up the way it shows in the picks with the loot pages for the bosses and all the extra add ons? Cause I have boss checklist and doesn't show up like that.

Last edited:
Are you using the 64 bit version of tmodloader or the 32 bit? Also how did you get it to work for the 11.6.2 version of modloader?

This particular mod is no longer available, instead its been intergrated with Boss Checklist. I'd imagine it still works with 64-bit, check the mod-browser, or download the mod file from the Boss Checklist github release page: JavidPack/BossChecklist

View attachment 223572
View attachment 212137 Click here for Mod Support View attachment 212137

Boss Checklist and Boss Highlights are now the same mod!
tModLoader - Boss Checklist - In-game progression checklist.

All features listed are currently in Boss Checklist

Weather_Radio.png
Despawning messages in chat

A message will appear in chat notifying the player(s) that a boss has despawned. No more wondering if the boss has despawned or not; now you will KNOW as soon as it happens. Each boss despawn message has unique flavor-text to them, including special cases, such as the bosses leaving upon sun rise. Other messages include destroying lunar pillars and blood moon type events when ending.

Trifold_Map.png
Item map detection

Treasure bags and pillar fragments are highlighted on the full-screen map.

Stopwatch.png
Respawn Timer

While dead, players can see how much time is left before they respawn. The last three seconds will have sound indicators.

Radar.png
Boss Radar
Bosses that are not on screen will show a directional icon on the edge of the screen
Arrow is green when the boss is inline of sight and becomes red when the opposite occurs

View attachment 213869 Boss Log

The Boss Log is a new UI that provides information on bosses, including modded ones if supported! Its features include:

Improved Boss Checklist
See which bosses have been defeated and which boss is next. Split into 2, prehardmode and hardmode for your convenience. If you have obtained all of a boss's loot or collectibles you will have a brown chest or a gold star appear next to the boss's name, respectively. If BOTH loot and collectibles have all been acquired, a Gold Chest will take this place. Click on the names to jump to the boss's page. There are plenty of configs and filters to customize the table of contents!​

Boss Pages
Each boss page includes many features. On the left you will see the boss, its name, whether its been defeated or not in your current world, and which mod the boss comes from (or Vanilla Terraria) as well as a portrait and head icon. The portrait and head icon can optionally be blackened out if unavailable or undefeated.​

Records
Ever wanted to know how fast you can defeat the MoonLord? or see if you can beat Skeletron Prime going untouched? Or maybe you just like seeing how many times you killed a boss mercilessly. Well the boss log now records these statistics! Statistics include: Kills Death Ratio, Fastest time to killing a boss, lowest health youve been in a boss fight, longest time without being damaged, and how many hits you've taken. By default you can see your personal stats that are bound to the character. You can swap to a World Record page to show the best records made on this world only (Great for Multiplayer!). Underneath your best record, it can show you your last fight attempt, showing how close you were to breaking a new record. If get a new record, it will show what your original record was.​

For events, records are replaced with kill counts of the enemies from the event. Hover over a banner to see the number of kills on that enemy. If the kill count if enough to give a banner, it will appear in full rather than faded.

Spawn Item
A description of how to summon a boss can be found under Spawn Info, as well as all possible ways to craft a summoner item for the boss. Recipes show which mod adds them and can cycle through alternative recipes and other summon items.​

Loot Tables
Displays the loot a boss can drop, and if obtained by the player, it gets "checked off". Expert items will always appear first. If the world is not in expert mode, the slot will show an X and hovering over it will tell the user that the item in unobtainable. (A flaw in this is that it is not automated and that other mods must add in their loot with a call. I'm hoping proper automatic loot tables will become easily accessible later in the mod's future)​

Collectibles
Bosses have neat collectible items that have a chance of dropping. There will be a checklist for these items. Collectibles include the boss mask, the boss trophy, and the boss music box. Upon collecting these items, they will appear in the display above them. If multiple trophies/masks/boxes exist, it will cycle through them in the display every ~4 seconds. Modded collectibles can be added via call, so be sure to let your favorite mods know!​

• Added boss despawn messages
  • Added event ending messages
  • Added map icons for treasure bags and pillar fragments
  • Added respawn timer with sound indications for the last 3 seconds
  • Github intergration
  • New icon
  • Mod name changed to "Boss Highlights", due to confusion where some players thought it was helping players kill bosses easier
  • Discord server released!

• Added Mod Support! Add your own unique messages when you boss despawns! (Find out how on the homepage)
  • Added boss limb kill messages for: Skeletron, Skeletron Prime, Twins, and Golem (Moon Lord has issues)

• Fixed Moon Lord despawn message appearing when defeated
  • Fixed Moon Lord despawn message appearing for all of his limbs
  • Fixed Martian Saucer counting towards the list of despawn messages
  • Fixed a bug in multiplayer, where thrown items had two map locations
  • Fixed Eater of Worlds not having despawn messages
  • Changed variables needed for modded fragments to work on the map
  • Added Shadow Scales and Tissue Samples to the item map
  • Fixed a game-crashing bug with Tissue Samples and Shadow Scales being drawn on the map
  • New Icon
  • Added Boss Radar
  • Added Boss Log
    • Added Player Records
    • Added Boss Checklist
    • Added Loot Tables [Unfinished. Hope to work on it more later]
    • Added Collections
  • Fixed worm bosses spamming their messages in chat
  • Fixed dictionary error messages
  • Improved respawn timer font
  • Fixed Boss Log dropping frames every time its opened
  • Fixed crashes involving Boss Radar (let me know if you are still running into any issues)
  • Removed debugging texts (Whoops. Sorry bout that)
  • "Thanks for playing" text now only appears on new characters once and is no longer shown in MP.
  • Added multiplayer support, mainly for records
  • Fixed some records not calculating properly in multiplayer
  • Fixed scroll bar for Table of Contents not showing the last entry
  • Fixed errors with multi-segmented boss entries
  • Mod features integrated into Boss Checklist
  • Mod now depends on Boss Checklist
  • Mod now auto-disables and notifies user of integration
Hopefully allow loot tables to be a proper full list of items that could be dropped
Allow cross mod content for collections

BossAssist.png
I think when 1.4 comes out there will be a countdown when you die anyway. 😁
Really helpful mod by the looks of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom